Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
It's because BMW has become all cookie cutter along with other german car makers, so seeing something different come to market that provides all we usually like but in a unique package becomes very appealing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Especially with the name M3 Killer. That says a lot. But you're totally right, all of them look exactly the darn same across the line-up. Don't get me wrong, I love the way they look and sound but they really need to change the game up quite a bit.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Their OK... but I find most of the German car's to be more than a bit B-O-R-I-N-G.... Even the "M's" and "AMG's" seem to lack any style that really sets them apart from their lower bretheren.
I guess that's part of the reasoning why discerning Italian BMW owners are finding much that pleases them in the Giulia :x

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
So, you ask "What Italian BMW owner is buying a Giulia"?

Looks like this person is...

They traded a 6 year old BMW 535 with 140,000km and got a decent 18,000 euros for it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think I'm more surprised that whoever traded the 535 in got 18,000 euros. That's approximately $26k CAD, and those things go for like $16-$18k CAD with near that mileage on it :|

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To get what he got you know there must have be some serious negotiating going on. :wink2:
I just hope whomever I finally get to deal with will be as generous, or at least be willing to give a bit, when the time comes.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like Giulia is selling quite well according to this list of June sales in Italy , making the top ten. :smile2:

·
Registered
288 Posts
That's very good to see. Especially considering it's over the Evoque which was quite evident was doing really well. Didn't think that the A4 would really be up there though..

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's an interesting chart provided by JATO Dynamics via Autopareri

In Europe the published "sales" data are official registrations of vehicles, not the sale contracts signed. The data in the graphic shows total registrations and are sourced by public authorities, not by manufacturers (like in the U.S). Registrations include cars registered by manufacturer (for example, any car assigned to their own personnel/workers), by dealers as demo or courtesy cars or the ones that will become used but new, such as for fleet sales.It's typical in Europe that you don't buy a car that is already on a dealer's lot, but by order. For private customers time from order to delivery is now around 2-3 months.

Wonder if Giulia had anything to do with the slight decline from Merc?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts