Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To existing Giulia QV owners:
Does the Giulia QV manual have any specific recommendations for snow tires size on QV? If I pull the trigger on the QV, I'm wondering if I use all 4 or even two of my existing 255/35/19 Blizzaks on my M3. This will be my year round daily driver so getting snow tires is absolutely required up herecin Boston. Thx!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found Giulia QV Manual on Alfa Website. Answered own question on snow tires. See manual snow tire recommendation below...

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you need a winter performance tire - I recommend the Alpin 4.
Had Alpins before, but was not very impressed with the deeper snow performance. First day out with them on a new 2010 C63, got stuck in my driveway, with only 4 inches of fluffy snow. Sold the car, and never bought Michelin Winter tires again. I've had really good success with the more performance-oriented Blizzaks and even some Dunlops Winter Sports. Had Pirellis on my old 2014 E63s. Car got around pretty well, but I credit the 4Matic more than the tires.

Appreciate the recommendation, though. I may have to see how the newest Alpin 4s are rated. Thx!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Had Alpins before, but was not very impressed with the deeper snow performance. First day out with them on a new 2010 C63, got stuck in my driveway, with only 4 inches of fluffy snow. Sold the car, and never bought Michelin Winter tires again. I've had really good success with the more performance-oriented Blizzaks and even some Dunlops Winter Sports. Had Pirellis on my old 2014 E63s. Car got around pretty well, but I credit the 4Matic more than the tires.

Appreciate the recommendation, though. I may have to see how the newest Alpin 4s are rated. Thx!
Another winter performance tire (that I liked) that is available in sport car sizes is the Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme. The only problem is they're somewhat hard to find in many states so if you get a unrepairable flat and need to replace only one tire - you might wait days until you can order/receive the tire. In some cases they can be out of stock for the rest of the season. Its a shame because they're great tires.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another winter performance tire (that I liked) that is available in sport car sizes is the Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme. The only problem is they're somewhat hard to find in many states so if you get a unrepairable flat and need to replace only one tire - you might wait days until you can order/receive the tire. In some cases they can be out of stock for the rest of the season. Its a shame because they're great tires.
Seems the Nokian Snow Tires rank really well too from what I understand.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am running Blizzaks to deal with the cold and snow of Chicago winters. However, I haven't had a chance to evaluate them since it's been over 60 days of ZERO snow (breaking a record) and currently 68 degrees outside...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am running Blizzaks to deal with the cold and snow of Chicago winters. However, I haven't had a chance to evaluate them since it's been over 60 days of ZERO snow (breaking a record) and currently 68 degrees outside...
Did you get dedicated snow rims? Which size did you put on your rear wheels?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I did not get dedicated rims - yet. Was trying to get Light Technicos, but there are two things stopping me:
1. I understand that the Technicos will not run with the Ceramic brakes.
2. The price: I fell over when I heard $4,200. So, I'm looking at alternatives. Would like to just be able to swap out the tires and wheels twice a year.

So, I worked with Jason at Greenwood Motorsports in Evanston, IL. He did a lot of research and found the following to mount on the dark 5 hole:
Blizzak LM-32s
Front: 225/40R19 93V
Rear: 265/35R19 98V

Surprisingly - I have NOT needed them. Chicago hasn't had snow for 6-7 weeks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.