Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I'd like to ask for recommendations of any shipping/transporter company that owners have used recently

Preference is east coast of USA as that is the route (northeast to Florida).

Enclosed transport specifically.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Hello.

I'd like to ask for recommendations of any shipping/transporter company that owners have used recently

Preference is east coast of USA as that is the route (northeast to Florida).

Enclosed transport specifically.

Thanks!
Which part of North East?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New England area... upper right corner of the USA.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Couldn't hurt to call Tom Sunday.

Also, the Quadrifoglio's are shipped using "Reliable". They run enclosed haulers everywhere all of the time. They'd be high on my list.

Good luck.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I use Passport. Guy that started it was an Alfisti, not sure if he owns it anymore. You're able to track your car via GPS while its being delivered but I'm sure they all do that now.

Whoever you choose, pay the extra bucks and use a professional that hauls $$$$ cars on a regular basis.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I have used Intercity to send a car (enclosed) to Marco Island from NY they were very good
I second Intercity...... they delivered my previous race car to the new owner in California.

Enclosed and with no problems.....

Reactions: 407Guy

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I recommend:
Reliable
Recovery Racing (Ferrari of Long Island)
http://recoveryracing.com/
Ted Yearardi (from my detail guy)
http://www.yerarditransport.com/

Recovery shipped my 360 from Long Island. My detail guy suggested Ted if I take winter-spring delivery and want to ship it to him for clear and tint.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reliable can't pick the car up for 2 weeks. Not going to work.

Horseless Carriage was going to take 4-6 weeks for turn around. No good.

Thomas Sunday would take about 3 weeks for pick up. No good.

Horseless and Sunday both suggested Intercity Lines.

Intercity is able to pick up next week.

:grin2:

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Reliable can't pick the car up for 2 weeks. Not going to work.

Horseless Carriage was going to take 4-6 weeks for turn around. No good.

Thomas Sunday would take about 3 weeks for pick up. No good.

Horseless and Sunday both suggested Intercity Lines.

Intercity is able to pick up next week.

:grin2:
Intercity are just the big dogs in this game...they have lots of trucks to ship with and are really good on the East Coast...they are pricier though be forewarned... but they do a good job....pictures when she arrives please...don't make us come looking for you:cool:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ha. Yes, pix will be posted once it arrives.

Intercity and Sunday we about the same.

Reliable was more than them... by a significant amount (~35%).

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used Intercitylines to ship my Giulia QV from Easton PA to Los Angeles in Feb.
They were professional, kept me appraised of the timing and the car came in perfect condition. It did take a bit longer than expected due to weather, but no fault to them. The price was about $100-200 more than some of the other transporters but well worth it.

Here are some picts getting on the truck and getting off the truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Adev.

Admittedly I'm a bit disappointed with Intercity at this time. So I'm going to rant a bit here...

05-Jun-2017:

Called Intercity and was told "pick-up is usually 7-10 from time you make the request for transport." I say great, as we are looking for a pick-up date of 12-Jun-2017 (7 days from my call). I was also told then that it usually takes 3-5 days for transport. I say no problem as long as the vehicle is here by 23-Jun-2017. The pick-up date was more crucial since it would only take 3-5 days to arrive (within our window on or before 23-Jun-2017).

07-Jun-2017:

Purchase is confirmed with dealership so I contact Intercity to tell them we will definitely be ready for pick-up on 12-Jun-2017 and to confirm we are scheduled for that day.

They then drop this nugget on me: we were set to be placed on the scheduling list on Monday, 12-Jun-2017 - and it would be on THAT day the 7-10 day window would begin. WTF? I tell them that isn't going to work because the dealership isn't our storage facility while we wait for pick-up and that is exactly why I said for pick-up on a specific date. They then said they can start us on the 7-10 window now. WTF?

The earliest for pick-up is "maybe" Monday but it looks like any time next week, even as late as Friday.

Tonight, Intercity = FAIL

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

rant over

I guess I'm just a big a-hole. That has to be it... :frown2:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I'm posting this as I "eat crow" this morning...

Received a call from the driver that our Quadrifoglio is on the truck now (09-Jun-2017) making its way to Florida.

:smile2:

Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
So I'm posting this as I "eat crow" this morning...

Received a call from the driver that our Quadrifoglio is on the truck now (09-Jun-2017) making its way to Florida.

:smile2:
Fantastic news for all! They sold one and ordered one......;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts