Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Giulia owner here, (former Alfetta owner)

I have looked everywhere in the manual for info about the recirculating air button. It has three settings, one off and two on. What is the difference between the two on settings? Thanks for any info!

Max

·
Registered
483 Posts
New Giulia owner here, (former Alfetta owner)

I have looked everywhere in the manual for info about the recirculating air button. It has three settings, one off and two on. What is the difference between the two on settings? Thanks for any info!

Max
It can be turned off completely (only outside air), automatically recirculate (as needed based on desired temperature), or on all the time.

I like the last setting, no smelly outside air that way.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Page 51 of the 2017 owners manual

1) LED on above "A" = automatic mode

2) LED on above the sideways "U" icon = recirc inside air on continuously.

3) Both LEDs off = recirc always off

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
9,091 Posts
As others have said, if windows are fogging turn recirculation off.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,915 Posts
It can be turned off completely (only outside air), automatically recirculate (as needed based on desired temperature), or on all the time.

I like the last setting, no smelly outside air that way.
Don't you have the air quality option? Does recirc even have the "auto" setting without that option?

I find that there is too much humidity in the high desert (current conditions are 31% with a dew point of 0F/-18C) to use recirc. Too much condensation on the windshield. Where you at that it is dryer?

I only use recirc when there is smoke from a fire or some out-of-tune big rig, both of which seem to be frequent occurrences these days.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Don't you have the air quality option? Does recirc even have the "auto" setting without that option?

I find that there is too much humidity in the high desert (current conditions are 31% with a dew point of 0F/-18C) to use recirc. Too much condensation on the windshield. Where you at that it is dryer?

I only use recirc when there is smoke from a fire or some out-of-tune big rig, both of which seem to be frequent occurrences these days.
What is the "air quality option"?

I am in Florida, very high humidity. However, I have never had an issue of window fogging with the AC on full time recirculate.

I always smell exhaust from cars in front of me with the recirculate off.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Air quality is only included in the Lusso package and is a continuation of the standard HVAC. The air quality sensor will pick up impurities in the air and turn on the recir feature. The standard system has the ability to automatically turn on recir, but that is only using a humidity sensor. The air quality package would add a particulate sensor on top of the humidity sensor.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Air quality is only included in the Lusso package and is a continuation of the standard HVAC. The air quality sensor will pick up impurities in the air and turn on the recir feature. The standard system has the ability to automatically turn on recir, but that is only using a humidity sensor. The air quality package would add a particulate sensor on top of the humidity sensor.
The System is also included in Ti models with the Leather Package.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yes, thanks. Actually I may be wrong about lusso, or it is included in lusso because that comes with leather dash as well.
Yes, Standard with the Lusso package and comes with the Leather Package Option on the other Ti models.

·
Registered
5 Posts
fogged windows

only had the car 3 weeks. First cold front hit here in Austin TX. had same problem. Will try some of your solutions. I always use the AC mode even with high heat when I want to dry the air to defog.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.