Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Just bought my 2018 montecarlo blue Ti sport last night from orange coast. Traded in my 2015 scat pack challenger. Preciously owned a few different challengers back to 2009. I also currently have a 79 Triumph Spitfire 1500. That still tide me over in manual transmission driving while my Giulia will get me to work and back comfortably.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Bless you my son and seeing the light upon your heavenly conversion!

Reactions: Il_Conte

·
Registered
203 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum! I'd love to hear your Giulia driving impressions after living with the Challenger for a couple of years. I have the same Giulia combo and really love every minute of driving.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Have you driven a classic Alfa Spider and compared it to your Spitfire? You might have another conversion experience waiting. I love the way Spitfires look, classic, but Spiders are a different thing altogether. Anyway, congrats of the Ti!

Reactions: Racer Z

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Classic Alfa Spider's are the best.

My favorite car all time.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you driven a classic Alfa Spider and compared it to your Spitfire? You might have another conversion experience waiting. I love the way Spitfires look, classic, but Spiders are a different thing altogether. Anyway, congrats of the Ti!
I've driven a spider that a friend owns. Was very nice. The triumph of great because it cost nothing to maintain.

The Giulia vs Challenger is a pretty large difference. The Challenger was of course way faster, but lacked all the luxury stuff. Some were available, but many things like the adaptive cruise don't work on a manual. It was also a big heavy boat. I loved the thing though, 2nd gear pull to about 65 with the exhaust screaming.

The Giulia is no slouch though. It feels very quick for it's power ratings. I'm interested in some modifications to get a bit more noise out of the car. I'm also hoping to find a good solution for a gauge pod for a boost gauge.

·
Registered
460 Posts
"It feels very quick for it's power ratings." From what I've read in several places, it seems a more accurate rating would have been somewhere between 300 and 310 HP based on dynos.

"I'm interested in some modifications to get a bit more noise out of the car." If you go the Centerline Alfa Corsa route, I've got a (very) lightly-used one I can let go at a good discount over new. With the stop/start, usually in the middle of traffic, nature of my daily commute, the Corsa offered more sport than I really needed. Settled on a REMUS axleback. If getting to use my car in a sport fashion, as I do my weekend fun cars, I would have definitely kept the Corsa; it sounds amazing when you get to exercise the car.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wonder about the underrated bit based on Dynos.

They used to say similar in the recent challengers with the 6.4L. Their math was always based on driveline efficiency and loss of a certain percent. Both have the ZF 8 speeds(Of course setup differently for a 6.4L and a 2.0 Turbo). My thought is maybe this setup is just more efficient of a driveline. I find it hard to believe they (FCA) wouldn't want to tote the higher power levels at the crank of they knew it was indeed that much more powerful than their competition.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :smile2:
Congrats :grin2:

Nice car log!

There is a 500 horse power version of the Giulia that will hold it's own against the muscle cars. The Giulia will most definitely handle better on the track.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts