Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a message on the Alfa Romeo app today about a recall.

RECALL: T57 (Software and Drivability Enhancement)/

Anyone else get this either from the app or elsewhere?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I also got it. They say its not a safety recall just a software update. Here is the official press release. @ALFATECH may have more knowledge on this.

CUSTOMER SATISFACTION NOTIFICATION Software and Drivability Enhancement
Dear [Name],
At FCA US LLC, we recognize that the success of our business depends on the satisfaction of our customers. We are constantly monitoring the quality of our products and looking for opportunities to improve our vehicles even after they are sold. Because your long-term satisfaction is important to us, we are contacting you on important improvements we would like to make to your vehicle [1]. This will be done at no charge to you.
We are recommending the following improvements be performed on certain [2017 Model Year Alfa Romeo Giulia] vehicles equipped with a 2.0L engine.
WHY DOES MY VEHICLE NEED REPAIRS?
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) software on your vehicle may set erroneous fault codes and cause the Check Engine Indicator Light to illuminate. This condition may cause the vehicle to stall after restart following refueling while the vehicle is stationary. Additionally, due to a software issue in the Transmission Control Module (TCM), you may feel a jerking condition when the vehicle starts to move after a stop/start event. In addition, an update to the On-Board Diagnostic system may be necessary. Finally, an inspection of the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) temperature sensor is required, as some may have been damaged during the manufacturing process.
HOW DO I RESOLVE THIS CUSTOMER SATISFACTION NOTIFICATION
FCA will repair your vehicle [2] free of charge (parts and labor). To do this, your Alfa Romeo dealership will reprogram the Powertrain Control Module. In addition, an update to the On- Board Diagnostic system is necessary. Your Alfa Romeo dealership will require your vehicle for proper check-in, preparation, and check-out during your visit. The estimated repair time is about an hour. Your time is important to us; please be aware that these steps may require more time. We recommend that you schedule a service appointment to minimize your inconvenience. Please bring this letter with you to your dealership.
TO SCHEDULE YOUR FREE REPAIR CALL YOUR ALFA ROMEO DEALERSHIP TODAY
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The State of California requires the completion of emission repairs prior to vehicle registration renewal. Your Alfa Romeo dealership will provide you with a Vehicle Emission Proof of Correction Form after the CSN service is performed. Be sure to save this form since the California Department of Motor Vehicles may require that you supply it as proof that the CSN has been performed.
WHAT IF I ALREADY PAID TO HAVE THIS REPAIR COMPLETED?
If you have already experienced this specific condition and have paid to have it repaired, you may visit www.fcarecallreimbursement.com to submit your reimbursement request online. [3] Once we receive and verify the required documents, reimbursement will be sent to you within 60 days. If you have had previous repairs performed and/or already received reimbursement, you may still need to have the repair performed.
We apologize for any inconvenience, but are sincerely concerned about your satisfaction. Thank you for your attention to this important matter.
Customer Assistance/Field Operations Fiat Chrysler Automobiles US LLC

Attachments

·
Registered
537 Posts
I haven’t done any recalls yet, but if it’s just a software issue, it’s likely a simple flash, although after completing the flash, there are some additional steps needed on Alfas, but overall it will be no big deal. There is currently an RRT for a similar flash, possibly it was just upgraded to a recall.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have it on my app as well. My dealer doesn’t support online scheduling from the app so I’ll have to call today.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Here is the document attached to the drivability campaign.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Had this done by the dealer.i wasn't having an issue before. No problems with it though.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
The app is a POS. I downloaded it today and it never sent me the conformation e-mail. I can't even use the **** thing.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
going out of the country for 3 weeks.

scheduled to bring the car in to fullerton alfa for this on june 3rd.

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
413 Posts
Yes Alfa Connect and works with all models.

Reactions: Rocerone

·
Registered
413 Posts
I’m pick up my car tomorrow. Do all the functions work with older models as well. Turning car on etc?
No unfortunately. It has no control over the car. It is for recall information and supposedly you can schedule service via the app but I haven't tried.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia QV Rosso Competizione
329 Posts
I don't see anywhere to register/sign up?

·
Registered
413 Posts
At Mopar.com or Mopar.eu etc

Reactions: AlfaRocket

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Yes I got a "motor vehicle notice" mailing; too, but have not driven car since Covid shut-in. What is it about?
If you’re asking about the T57 campaign it was issued in January 2018.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts