Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any ideas for a rear diffuser?

I have the base Giulia with the plain rear diffuser. It's about the only thing i haven't modded yet. I really like the Ti diffuser but the Ti and the base diffusers are not interchangeable. the Ti has different trim tabs for mounting than the base diffuser. Crazy ! i know. I was waiting for Madness Auto to come out with a CF diffuser but i'm afraid they might only produce one for the Ti model.

anyone know of any other ideas out there? It does't necessarily need to be Carbon Fiber but that would be pretty cool. I've seen some Chinese versions for sale but they all say that it fits the Giulia Base and TI and i know for certain they are different. One won't fit on the other.

·
Registered
340 Posts
If you looked at the thread by madness "sneak peak" you will see that they are in development of a CF diffuser for both the base and TI models. Aside from their offering though I don't know of any other diffuser options for the base. I am curious as well for other options, seeing the price for the Quad CF diffuser makes me think its doubtful I'll go the CF route

·
Vendor
1,221 Posts
Anyone have any ideas for a rear diffuser?

I have the base Giulia with the plain rear diffuser. It's about the only thing i haven't modded yet. I really like the Ti diffuser but the Ti and the base diffusers are not interchangeable. the Ti has different trim tabs for mounting than the base diffuser. Crazy ! i know. I was waiting for Madness Auto to come out with a CF diffuser but i'm afraid they might only produce one for the Ti model.

anyone know of any other ideas out there? It does't necessarily need to be Carbon Fiber but that would be pretty cool. I've seen some Chinese versions for sale but they all say that it fits the Giulia Base and TI and i know for certain they are different. One won't fit on the other.

Hello,
like Nik mentioned we currently have three brand new prototype diffusers that we are testing. One for the base Giulia and two for the TI. This is in addition to the QV diffuser we already offer. Both the TI and base versions are set to be released in July and are full 100% carbon fiber replacements, not a cover.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The bumper cover on the base does have a smaller diffuser opening, about two inches in width. I found out the hard way by ordering the CF TI diffuser from SD Carbon and not being able to return it.

I recently was rear ended in a parking lot and im using this opportunity to replace the bumper cover with a TI sport cover. Its actually pretty cheap - 312$ primed. Paint will only be around 140$. The big cost is the exhaust tips - 149$ each. Also note that the reflectors are also different sizes.

·
Registered
68 Posts
have you looked on sites like AliExpress? They seem to have options for base cars as they cater to the ROW market which doesn't sell as my TIs

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello,
like Nik mentioned we currently have three brand new prototype diffusers that we are testing. One for the base Giulia and two for the TI. This is in addition to the QV diffuser we already offer. Both the TI and base versions are set to be released in July and are full 100% carbon fiber replacements, not a cover.

Thanks. I guess i will wait and see what happens later this summer. I'm in Dallas so i'll just drive down and have you guys install that. It's an excuse for an Alfa road trip. Any idea what the cost might be for the base model and would you have any prelim pics you can share with us.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
QV Diffuser Carbon Fiber

One of the items on our punch list is a CF rear diffuser on the QV. I saw one in Europe. It may have been on the special edition QV. It looked cool. We will be looking for that in the aftermarket and I suspect it is going to be an expensive add if it is true CF. I would not put a knock-off lookalike on to cheapen the rest of the car. Looking to one of our Forum vendors to come up with that or Exotic Carbon Fiber, Euro or one of the others.

Anyone see that?

·
Vendor
1,221 Posts
Thanks. I guess i will wait and see what happens later this summer. I'm in Dallas so i'll just drive down and have you guys install that. It's an excuse for an Alfa road trip. Any idea what the cost might be for the base model and would you have any prelim pics you can share with us.

There is a full thread of pictures in our vendor section but here is one. We are not yet ready to release pricing details because we are still in the testing phase.

The blue one is a TI and the red is a base.

One of the items on our punch list is a CF rear diffuser on the QV. I saw one in Europe. It may have been on the special edition QV. It looked cool. We will be looking for that in the aftermarket and I suspect it is going to be an expensive add if it is true CF. I would not put a knock-off lookalike on to cheapen the rest of the car. Looking to one of our Forum vendors to come up with that or Exotic Carbon Fiber, Euro or one of the others.

Anyone see that?
We have a full carbon fiber replacement for the QV up on our site.

More information and pricing can be found on our site.

https://madnessautoworks.com/alfa-romeo-giulia-rear-diffuser-quadrifoglio-carbon-fiber-pid7848

·
Registered
876 Posts
There is a full thread of pictures in our vendor section but here is one. We are not yet ready to release pricing details because we are still in the testing phase.

https://madnessautoworks.com/alfa-romeo-giulia-rear-diffuser-quadrifoglio-carbon-fiber-pid7848

i would pick the Base model Diffuser you made, on my TI 100% of the time
i mean it looks so much better than a TI diffuser just In CF
thats just my opinion though

·
Registered
190 Posts
The bumper cover on the base does have a smaller diffuser opening, about two inches in width. I found out the hard way by ordering the CF TI diffuser from SD Carbon and not being able to return it.

I recently was rear ended in a parking lot and im using this opportunity to replace the bumper cover with a TI sport cover. Its actually pretty cheap - 312$ primed. Paint will only be around 140$. The big cost is the exhaust tips - 149$ each. Also note that the reflectors are also different sizes.
Are you talking about the European TI or the North American one? Or maybe you mean the sport trim diffuser (What Europeans call TI)?

I have a TI lusso (Canadian spec) and it has the plain diffuser. I like the TI sport one, but I'm afraid it doesn't fit my car. I'd love to be proven wrong here. :)

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,189 Posts
Hello,
Do you have any comparative information on the weight? That is, is your CF Ti/sport diffuser lighter than OEM?

Also how well does CF stand up to the inevitable flying rocks compared to OEM?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are sure the red one is the base model. It looks like your picture shows a quad exhaust which i am certain the base model doesn't have and I know your site didn't show a Lusso dual to quad conversion. At least not one that I saw. really what i am looking for is the what is show on your Ti blue car only that fits my base model. Love the aggressive styling of the Ti diffuser and that in CF would look awesome.

·
Vendor
1,221 Posts
Are sure the red one is the base model. It looks like your picture shows a quad exhaust which i am certain the base model doesn't have and I know your site didn't show a Lusso dual to quad conversion. At least not one that I saw. really what i am looking for is the what is show on your Ti blue car only that fits my base model. Love the aggressive styling of the Ti diffuser and that in CF would look awesome.
The red car is a base Giulia and we added the quads after fitting the new diffuser and the TI diffuser does not fit a base. They are physically different.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Lots of confusion in this thread...

Ti Lusso has same bumper as base correct? Yet it is a Ti but one would only be able to fit the diffusor that is on your red car...

Just a bit strange choices maybe since I doubt most people with put QV like quad exhaust diffusor on base which can not even be ordered with Sport pack

Similarly I doubt there will be many with Ti Lusso that would put QV like difusor on the car

At same time people with Sport Ti have only one option, difusor that looks exactly like theirs just made out of carbon

Am I getting this right or amI adding to confusion?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
The red car is a base Giulia and we added the quads after fitting the new diffuser and the TI diffuser does not fit a base. They are physically different.
OK

that makes sense. So there is a base CF diffuser but it's only for quad tips?

Will you guys be doing a base CF diffuser that will go with your Lusso exhaust (not quad tips) ?

if you made the version that is on your Blue Ti model but make it fit the "base" bumper that would be great. Heck at this point i'd take a CF version of my base diffuser.

·
Vendor
1,221 Posts
Lots of confusion in this thread...

Ti Lusso has same bumper as base correct? Yet it is a Ti but one would only be able to fit the diffusor that is on your red car...

Just a bit strange choices maybe since I doubt most people with put QV like quad exhaust diffusor on base which can not even be ordered with Sport pack

Similarly I doubt there will be many with Ti Lusso that would put QV like difusor on the car

At same time people with Sport Ti have only one option, difusor that looks exactly like theirs just made out of carbon

Am I getting this right or amI adding to confusion?

No TI and Base bumpers are different. One can not fit the diffuser of the other.

OK

that makes sense. So there is a base CF diffuser but it's only for quad tips?

Will you guys be doing a base CF diffuser that will go with your Lusso exhaust (not quad tips) ?

if you made the version that is on your Blue Ti model but make it fit the "base" bumper that would be great. Heck at this point i'd take a CF version of my base diffuser.
You do not have to install quad tips. Behind those tips is our lusso exhaust system.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts

Okay this looks really nice but it is pricey as I would expect. Can you slap that on a QV so we can see the look? Also, is that the same exact CF that is used on all the original equipment CF or is the threading different in ANY WAY. That will make a big difference. It needs to be identical to the rocker slips.

·
Registered
876 Posts
if i would get a diffusor on my TI sport package car, it would only be the one which looks like QV diffusor, but i guess im stuck with TI sport diffuser just in carbon.. ??

·
Vendor
1,221 Posts
Okay this looks really nice but it is pricey as I would expect. Can you slap that on a QV so we can see the look? Also, is that the same exact CF that is used on all the original equipment CF or is the threading different in ANY WAY. That will make a big difference. It needs to be identical to the rocker slips.

It is the same carbon used by Ferrari and Lamborghini

·
Vendor
1,221 Posts
if i would get a diffusor on my TI sport package car, it would only be the one which looks like QV diffusor, but i guess im stuck with TI sport diffuser just in carbon.. ??
If a QV style TI diffuser happens it wouldn't hit prototype for roughly a year.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts