Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone noticed this? my rear bumper is off by a tiny bit. I've seen it in another Giulia that I drove but a third one didn't have this problem. Is this just shoddy quality from the factory? I will upload a picture tomorrow. She is at the dealer right now for them to fix some curb rash. I had it fixed once by them but it seemed to have acquired some more scratches on the spokes... hopefully they will do it again.

Going back to the bumper, the dealer inspected it and said it was normal...

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,157 Posts
Very few of the cars have the front and/or rear fascia perfectly aligned. I do not know if it can be adjusted out.

I compared with the fit on my other vehicles and see that Giulia's fit is better. However, Giulia has essentially no gap between the parts, making even a tiny misalignment obvious. My other vehicles have large gaps that hide any misalignment.

I have not compared the quality of the fit to the vehicles that Giulia competes with.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I have a replacement factory front fascia and the passenger side does not meet up right. My dealer broke the clips off the original one installing a new headlight assembly. The original fascia was perfect. I brought the car back to the body shop that installed it and they tried to align it better but couldn't do anything. They said it's the way it was molded.

·
Registered
859 Posts
My rear bumper (or actually the plastic cover for the real metal bumper under it) is now misaligned slightly on the drivers side. It's my fault though - I backed out of my garage very slowly and was distracted and backed into a pile of mulch bags that were in the driveway. This was a low speed (very very low speed) bump and no physical paint damage. At first I didn't see any damage but after a few days I noticed that now the bumper cover doesn't exactly line up with the rear quarter panel near the wheel well. It was popped out about 1/2" from the proper alignment. I tried popping it back by hand and this can be done, but then it pops out near the trunk lid. I'll see if I can get pictures. It's a slight issue, but now that I can see it, I see it every time. I might try and remove the cover to see if I can spot the problem. Does anyone know how that plastic bumper cover is attached?

·
Registered
2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport
486 Posts
I have a replacement factory front fascia and the passenger side does not meet up right. My dealer broke the clips off the original one installing a new headlight assembly. The original fascia was perfect. I brought the car back to the body shop that installed it and they tried to align it better but couldn't do anything. They said it's the way it was molded.
I would have made the dealer fix the part they broke so everything is up to spec on the car. Don't let them get a way with breaking something and letting you live with that. When I took my car in they broke my mopar alfa Romeo projector puddle light and they didn't even tell me about it. I went right back and made them give me a loaner and they had to order the part and fix it just for one broken clip. I didn't buy it with a broken clip and they will not give it back with a broken clip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts