Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Awesome. I may have to order the red ones!

Reactions: ibehardnock2001

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
413 Posts
Am I the only one who actually likes the rubber knobs? I think they look nice and sporty and I like the tactical feel.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Also per the description they are made of stainless steel not Aluminum. Also not sure if I would trust the description cause it also states they have 3m tape on the back, must be some very thin tape.

Description

Item Fit For Alfa Romeo Giulia 2017

Item Description

Condition : 100% Brand new

Color:As pictures

Iclude:3pcs

Material: Made Of quality stainless steel

Easy installtion,3M tape is at the back.

Strict Factory QC test ,High Quality guaranteed

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes and the AC knobs also have a perfect amount of Aluminum already on them, with the contrast of the black rubber. Which I agree adds a sporty, tactical feel. Not knocking anyone else's opinion just sharing mine, just like you do every chance you get.
No one here knocking anyone's opinion especially on an item so trivial.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,953 Posts
Yes and the AC knobs also have a perfect amount of Aluminum already on them, with the contrast of the black rubber. Which I agree adds a sporty, tactical feel. Not knocking anyone else's opinion just sharing mine, just like you do every chance you get.
What I find is important in a knob isn't actually determined by the knob: the mechanism behind it should have minimal play and operate smoothly. Thunk-thunk, not wobbly scratchy-snap. A heavy knob can hide a wobbly scratchy-snap mechanism to some extent, possibly leading to the association of massive knobs with "nice". Giulia is already heavy enough without adding more weight; I think the light weight plastic knobs are appropriate to the vehicle type.

I suspect that the knobs in Giulia are chromed or aluminized plastic rather than having solid metal inserts. If that is correct they are likely to age poorly.

Just to express a different opinion, I prefer no bright bits at all in the cabin. Reflective objects reflect light at night and form a distraction that I don't need.

To each his own; not everybody spends most of their driving time on pitch black roads watching out for deer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts