Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Vendor
1,049 Posts
Kate, I appreciate your reaching out to me. I have used AlfaRomeoCares, they were helpful. I was scheduled for another SW check at dealer, but i had to cancel. I have been very busy with work and have not rescheduled.
I completely understand, lesmracer. If you'd like assistance whenever you get the chance to get to the dealer, we are happy to help.

Kate
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Not sure where you are from.
QV is a great daily driver if you live in an area with great climate. I know owning one in Philly has pretty much Turned it into a 100-120 days a year car if you plan on actually driving hard in race mode. It’s either snowing, salt on roads, temps are cold way below 40 or it’s raining. Rained 324 days the last two years here. Only reason I know is because I always look at weather now since I own the QV. Of course you could always drive in A or N mode or throw winter tires on. I just choose not to since I didn’t buy it to baby it and I own a bunch of other trucks etc. so no need to drive it in inclement weather. Perfect car for Florida. Wide open straight flat roads.

$1400/month x 12 months= $16,800 divided by 120 days.
$140/day
Maintenence, fuel, tires, if you drive it hard you will go through tires. -$3000
$165/day.
that’s just my cost average. I’m sure those numbers plummet for someone who daily drives it and gets car in the $50-60k price range. Prolly average about $45-55/day daily driver

But when it’s nice. It’s worth every penny.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
The QV variant car is not suitable for rain?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The QV variant car is not suitable for rain?
it’s adequate when driven cautiously like any other car should be driven in the rain. But if you hit it or turn sharp it can def lose its rear end in the rain. Corsas are not good in wet conditions. Even at lower speeds they can be difficult to keep traction in a QV. Again I don’t baby the car so I choose not to drive in the rain.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Do you know who they underwrite with? CNA, Zurich Insurance? Are you just buying the extended warranty from them? Meaning, will they sell it to us/anyone?
See this post for what I ended up getting

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a 18 Giulia and Stelvio that are TI Sport with the driver assistance packages. My Giulia has the upgrade leather package. Both are around 80k miles right now with zero issue. I previously had an 11 a4 and will never go back to anything German. There is a guy in my small business complex that daily drives and tracks a Giulia Quadrifoglio and as far as I know hasn't had any issues. He even drives it in the snow.
Just don't track it with standard brakes, they're just not enough for some reason.

Not mine, someone on the net tracking his at Hokenheimring

Screenshot_20200329-025141_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20200329-025209_YouTube.jpg

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Overheating brakes are clearly a sign of insufficient brake cooling, it is not a case of "for some reason". Either reduce the loading of the brakes or increase the cooling to avoid this situation.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Overheating brakes are clearly a sign of insufficient brake cooling, it is not a case of "for some reason". Either reduce the loading of the brakes or increase the cooling to avoid this situation.
The standard brakes just aren't up to track work, period. You'd think 6 pot / 4 pot Brembos with relatively large drilled rotors are sufficient, but FOR SOME REASON they are not, they overheat in standard guise, and most with a QV aren't going to pipe air ducts to cool off the brakes. These brakes would be deemed huge (and offered as an upgrade) back when Carbon Brakes were not mainstream. I know I'll never track my QV like this. So what's the reason? Is it the famed electronic braking compensating for brake fade by increasing brake pressure until too late? Maybe....

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
The standard brakes just aren't up to track work, period. You'd think 6 pot / 4 pot Brembos with relatively large drilled rotors are sufficient, but FOR SOME REASON they are not, they overheat in standard guise, and most with a QV aren't going to pipe air ducts to cool off the brakes. These brakes would be deemed huge (and offered as an upgrade) back when Carbon Brakes were not mainstream. I know I'll never track my QV like this. So what's the reason? Is it the famed electronic braking compensating for brake fade by increasing brake pressure until too late? Maybe....
But physics are physics. If the rotors are bright red (or worse) the heat from braking is not getting transferred to the air adequately. I believe that with the carbon brakes you also get an brake overheat indicator on the dashboard. Perhaps drivers are not paying attention? Is it not common that race cars have brake temperature monitoring that is used to warn the driver to ease up on brake use?

Of course race cars are generally a lot lighter weight than a QV and a lighter weight vehicle puts less heat into the brakes.

·
Registered
2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport
25 Posts
41 - 54 of 54 Posts