44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
Few day ago I check my QV at dynostand

car was in “dynomode”
Cooler at front add
Weather is normal - about 20 degrees

few rest in D or Race mode. Every test the similar: about 440-450HP

perhaps dynostand little lower show stats and I think real power about 460-470 HP.

petrol have (was) - 99,5 octane

oil 0-w40

Rectangle Font Slope Line Material property

where is 507 HP ?

· Registered
4,226 Posts
That Dyno is probably malfunctioning. The graph should show about 429hp, not 443hp. In any case, before starting to question the 505hp of the 2.9L V6 engine derived from the F-154, check the accuracy and maintenance of the Dyno you used. The QVs that we all bought were equipped with 505hp engines. I hope your came with the same engine.

· Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
9,298 Posts
Dynamometers measure wheel horsepower. Manufacturers state engine horsepower. That looks close enough to right for a stock QV.

The Difference Between BHP And WHP Explained
The chart is unclear to me. It uses the term "power to shaft", but what shaft is that? If that is wheel power, the number is high.

BHP is best measured directly. Some dynos attempt to estimate BHP from WHP by looking at the dynamic behavior of the car, but that involves a fair amount of guess work. As a result I prefer to see WHP numbers.

Also, I know the 2.0T will reduce power dramatically if the oil temperature gets too high. Controlling engine temperature is difficult on a dyno stand.

· Registered
2020 Giulia QV
187 Posts
The chart is unclear to me. It uses the term "power to shaft", but what shaft is that? If that is wheel power, the number is high.

BHP is best measured directly. Some dynos attempt to estimate BHP from WHP by looking at the dynamic behavior of the car, but that involves a fair amount of guess work. As a result I prefer to see WHP numbers.

Also, I know the 2.0T will reduce power dramatically if the oil temperature gets too high. Controlling engine temperature is difficult on a dyno stand.
The dyno sheet appears to be from a Bapro dyno, which by their own claim is a chassis dyno which measures whp. The confusion can be chalked up to some pretty spotty English. Que sera, sera.

SM Chip Tuning • Dyno test

Bapro | Chassis Dynamometers and Dyno Machines

Crankshaft power is different from wheel power | Bapro

· Registered
9,298 Posts

· Registered
214 Posts
That Dyno is probably malfunctioning. The graph should show about 429hp, not 443hp. In any case, before starting to question the 505hp of the 2.9L V6 engine derived from the F-154, check the accuracy and maintenance of the Dyno you used. The QVs that we all bought were equipped with 505hp engines. I hope your came with the same engine.
In EU the engine is 510hp. ;)

· Registered
9,298 Posts
In EU the engine is 510hp. ;)
I think in the EU your engine is 510PS, a non-sense unit also known as metric horsepower that is used for some reason in modern car engine ratings. It is the same as 504HP (google says 503HP).
The meaningful unit to use in the metric system is kw (kilo watts). The QV engine has 376kw output. If you use that figure together with metric units for weight you can compute expected performance with no magic numbers for units conversions.

In spite of several attempts to convert the USA to metric it seems all that has happened is Europe has adopted pseudo British units. It makes no sense to me.

· Registered
QV
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

· Registered
214 Posts
I think in the EU your engine is 510PS, a non-sense unit also known as metric horsepower that is used for some reason in modern car engine ratings. It is the same as 504HP (google says 503HP).
The meaningful unit to use in the metric system is kw (kilo watts). The QV engine has 376kw output. If you use that figure together with metric units for weight you can compute expected performance with no magic numbers for units conversions.

In spite of several attempts to convert the USA to metric it seems all that has happened is Europe has adopted pseudo British units. It makes no sense to me.
I agree

· Registered
QV
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hello everyone,
I think we need continue…

We wanted add Squadra (Massimo) chip and after that check results.
For today more frozen by before and standard config show near 457 HP
After that we add new ECU software and compare :
Slope Rectangle Font Line Parallel

· Registered
QV
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And after that we should change spark plugs:
old spark plug

how can we see by log files from engine : petrol is bad quality, but this is best petrol in our country (98 octaine)

we Wait to check (2 days may be) what happens

Automotive tire Finger Nail Thumb Gas

Hand Automotive tire Finger Wheel Household hardware

1 - 20 of 27 Posts