Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you cam make the rattle stop bu pushing on it, try taking a toothpick and push in between a seem close by and see if that gets rid of it. Been doing this for years in other cars. If it works, just break it off and leave the end in there. A little Sharpie on the ens and you'll never know its there!

·
Registered
50 Posts
The dealer is adding material to the driver side door it seems. I haven't heard anything about the gauge cluster yet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Driver door insulation kit installed. They took apart the gauge cluster and didn't find anything broken. They compared it to a new one and said that they didn't see anything different and that the rattle may just be something on all Giulias. I don't believe the last point but they still have the vehicle for the paint issue and I'll hope them disassembling and reassembling the cluster fixed it.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Driver door insulation kit installed. They took apart the gauge cluster and didn't find anything broken. They compared it to a new one and said that they didn't see anything different and that the rattle may just be something on all Giulias. I don't believe the last point but they still have the vehicle for the paint issue and I'll hope them disassembling and reassembling the cluster fixed it.
No rattles in mine, door or cluster.

·
Registered
50 Posts
No rattles in mine, door or cluster.
That is what I suspect is the normal. I'm still talking with them. Unfortunately I don't have another to show them unless they let me drive one of the others they have (not many). I also have to explain everything over the phone to them since they are 2.5hr away. Once they get the paint issue situated, I will probably take the car and live with any remaining rattle for a while and hope I have a closer dealer before the end of the year.

Currently using the Charleston dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone - recently purchased a pre-owned 2017 base Giulia, and I love absolutely everything about it - except for the passenger door rattle/buzz I've begun to notice when playing music with heavy bass, or even just during normal driving.
Pressing on the bottom of the passenger door panel does decrease the rattling/buzzing sound.
I don't trust myself to take the door apart. Any other suggestions before I take it to a dealer?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Hi everyone - recently purchased a pre-owned 2017 base Giulia, and I love absolutely everything about it - except for the passenger door rattle/buzz I've begun to notice when playing music with heavy bass, or even just during normal driving.
Pressing on the bottom of the passenger door panel does decrease the rattling/buzzing sound.
I don't trust myself to take the door apart. Any other suggestions before I take it to a dealer?
Thanks!
Assuming it’s still under warranty, take it to the dealer. Pretty common issue lots of folks have dealt with, but if you’re not up for taking the door apart (I wouldn’t either), let the dealer sort it out.

·
Vendor
967 Posts
Thanks!
Hello scaramanga,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your recent concern. If you are unable to remedy this concern with the assistance of fellow forum members, I kindly suggest connecting with your dealer. If you are in need of any assistance with that process, please feel free to send us a private message.
Laura
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
503 Posts
Thanks!

Same thing happened to me, there is a clip in there around the speaker that can come loose. Inspect your door carefully before you have them open it up because I noticed some tool marks around the window controls after I got it back.

·
Registered
187 Posts
That is what I suspect is the normal. I'm still talking with them. Unfortunately I don't have another to show them unless they let me drive one of the others they have (not many). I also have to explain everything over the phone to them since they are 2.5hr away. Once they get the paint issue situated, I will probably take the car and live with any remaining rattle for a while and hope I have a closer dealer before the end of the year.

Currently using the Charleston dealer.
Any luck with door rattle Martin? I have an occasional annoying noise around the doors or B pillar on both sides of the car that is too mild and too occasional to describe as a rattle (so the dealer wouldn't be of use) but it still bugs me (I cant hear it with the windows open so I wondered if it had anything to do with the windows)

·
Vendor
967 Posts
Any luck with door rattle Martin? I have an occasional annoying noise around the doors or B pillar on both sides of the car that is too mild and too occasional to describe as a rattle (so the dealer wouldn't be of use) but it still bugs me (I cant hear it with the windows open so I wondered if it had anything to do with the windows)
Hello Richardalfa,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your recent concern. Unfortunately due to the nature of our team we are unable to assist customer outside of the United States. However, you can reach out to AU customer care for potential assistance.
Laura
AlfaRomeoCares

41 - 51 of 51 Posts