Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Alfa Romeo Veloce
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new 2022 Giulia Veloce. Drove it home without issues. Once home I decided to go out for another drive. This time it developed a very noticeable rattle coming from what appeared to be the B Pillar on the drivers side (left) I took it to the dealership where the mechanic took the cover off of the B Pillar and discovered a loose bolt. He tightened it and we drove the car and the noise was gone. I drove the hour home very happy only to discover that the rattle noise returned that same evening! I also have developed a vibration/rattle around the instrument cluster. I'm not so concerned about that one but the B Pillar rattle is VERY annoying. Has anyone else experienced this and found a repair for it? My dealership is great and I'm planning to take it back. Just hoping someone can shed some light on this in order to speed up the process. Thanks!

·
Registered
756 Posts
My 2021 had some sort of vibration over rough pavement that sounded like it was coming from the driver door armrest. Weirdly enough, replacing the speaker in that door is what solved the issue. I also developed a gauge cluster rattle recently, but it seemed to just last a day (or I don't notice it anymore due to music/podcasts).

Unacceptable in essentially brand new cars. How did your car leave the factory with a loose bolt!

·
Registered
122 Posts
You should expect such a thing from Italian cars, you get the sheer of driving and enjoyment
The bolt is a side story 😂

Alfa romeo belongs to fiat
In old days I had numerous fiat cars, they all rattle on unpaved roads

·
Registered
2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Q4
6 Posts
My 2021 makes more noises than any other I've driven or been in. I have found that sticking some cardboard or cloth in between the headliner and roof around the sunroofs openings helps to reduce some of the vibrations. Interestingly, I have also noticed a noise coming from the b pillar right behind me... like a very faint rattle or even like a chirp. There are also all sorts of noises that I get when it's cold outside, I think I even made a post about that.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
18 Posts
My 2021 had some sort of vibration over rough pavement that sounded like it was coming from the driver door armrest. Weirdly enough, replacing the speaker in that door is what solved the issue. I also developed a gauge cluster rattle recently, but it seemed to just last a day (or I don't notice it anymore due to music/podcasts).

Unacceptable in essentially brand new cars. How did your car leave the factory with a loose bolt!
I had the exact same rattle in my Stelvio. The dealer replaced the window regulator and it appears to have fixed the issue.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,389 Posts
I have the same driver side b pillar rattle. I just drown it out with my exhaust lol

But now that you mentioned a loose bolt, I may ask my dealer to look at it next time I bring it in

·
Registered
84 Posts
Some documentation on rattles in my 2021 QV:
  • A-pillar squeaking when the car is off-camber. Replaced that trim piece and now the car is silent when going sideways on steep ramps and driveways
  • B-pillar rattle (or I thought). After hopping into the back seat, it's very clear that the rattle is coming from the rear door. Evidence is also pointing there because if I smack the door hard enough, that's the source of the sound. Unable to reproduce it in the B-pillar itself. I'm going to try and get this fixed by the dealer but I need to find a rougher patch of road to show them on.
  • Sparco seat frame squeaking when sitting down and rocking back and forth. That was replaced because it's considered a safety issue.
  • The steering wheel used to groan when making tights. Not sure if a car reset fixed it after taking it to the dealership, but it's gone now. A very eerie sensation since I've experienced it since day one and now it's suddenly gone
  • A weird squeak from the driver-side door when opening and closing the door AND when driving over a rough patch. The door was inset too far the body panel was rubbing a bit. Had that pulled out just 1MM or so and it's now gone

·
Registered
87 Posts
Some documentation on rattles in my 2021 QV:
  • A-pillar squeaking when the car is off-camber. Replaced that trim piece and now the car is silent when going sideways on steep ramps and driveways
  • B-pillar rattle (or I thought). After hopping into the back seat, it's very clear that the rattle is coming from the rear door. Evidence is also pointing there because if I smack the door hard enough, that's the source of the sound. Unable to reproduce it in the B-pillar itself. I'm going to try and get this fixed by the dealer but I need to find a rougher patch of road to show them on.
  • Sparco seat frame squeaking when sitting down and rocking back and forth. That was replaced because it's considered a safety issue.
  • The steering wheel used to groan when making tights. Not sure if a car reset fixed it after taking it to the dealership, but it's gone now. A very eerie sensation since I've experienced it since day one and now it's suddenly gone
  • A weird squeak from the driver-side door when opening and closing the door AND when driving over a rough patch. The door was inset too far the body panel was rubbing a bit. Had that pulled out just 1MM or so and it's now gone
My A pillar also rattles when taking a right-turn on/off ramp. Do you think putting some tape/Velcro behind the A pillar will fix it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts