1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Ad is from a "Volvo" dealer.....Strange....

Reactions: FNM

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
I hope he/she didn't trade for a Polestar :D They just announced that they're going totally hybrid/electric, maybe the thought of gas was too much.. I have many crummy theories ;)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ad is from a "Volvo" dealer.....Strange....
Yes it's combined MB/Audi/Volvo/VW/Nissan dealer.

The only thing I can think is that some dude/kid bought the car and his wife/parents immediately freaked out and so he traded it in for something cheaper? But still only 55 miles. They clearly had it flat bedded up from mechanics burg to state college.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Heavy discount

Unless they're providing a heavy discount...I don't see the attraction here....for 55 miles why not just order one for yourself ? My Quad's window sticker states that it was "specially built for "my name" "....to me, that is really cool....Unless this is the color you want with all the options you want....then maybe push for $10 K off (you might get $5 K off) and be patient...(I think)....may not be easy to find this Quad at this dealer....May not be much interest from the locals....

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
$4-4.5K off a specifically custom ordered MY18 is possible, why buy a used MY17?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unless they're providing a heavy discount...I don't see the attraction here....for 55 miles why not just order one for yourself ? My Quad's window sticker states that it was "specially built for "my name" "....to me, that is really cool....Unless this is the color you want with all the options you want....then maybe push for $10 K off (you might get $5 K off) and be patient...(I think)....may not be easy to find this Quad at this dealer....May not be much interest from the locals....
Well if it is still on the lot in a month then no doubt one of the wealthy foreign students pay full price for it. It is a daily occurrence to see students driving Ferraris, Lamborghini, and Mclaren's in addition to the many Range Rovers, M-cars and AMGs. The small local BMW dealer has basically stopped negotiating sales price because so many foreign students just come in and pay sticker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts