Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I spent almost the whole day on many different AR dealerships on the Easter seaboard. Here what I found out

- the adaptive dampers on the TI are AMAZING. Without the adaptive dampers I felt the car is a little bouncy, with them it's planted. A must
- $995 for the TI leather package is like such a great value. The grey stitching looks amazing and the smell of the leather is luxury premium. Don't smell the same in the Q. Another must
- the Alfa Red is one of the best colors. However I cannot take a pic in which it (a) looks good and (b) looks like in real life. Strange.
- the AWD looks like a off road when side to side with RWD. The RWD looks like a AWD with after market springs. Check it out if you have the opportunity
- I didn't feel a huge difference while driving the AWD and the RWD, however I could tell the RWD is more sporty. It clearly is lower. Disclosure: the AWD had the adaptive dampers and 18s while the RWD had normal dumpers and 19s
- the the look of brakes/wheels assembly of the Q is sick. Really sick
- the biggest difference between Q and base/TI in in the undercarriage. There are a lot going on under the Q that is missing from the base/TI
- I took a closer look at the engine bay in a base. I was surprise to see so much aluminum structures. It's impressive and I've never seen it in other cars
- the Sport Seats are great. I prefer them over the ones in the Q. Especially in red and tan
- base and TI performance is above my expectations. The shiftier is a masterpiece. The engine note is not. I think the muffler needs to go
- the TI with the right packages is phenomenal for the price point. It really is

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yep the active dampers really are great. I switch them to soft when having passengers and the car becomes a comfortable cruiser, yet still agile since I can keep it in Dynamic mode. My only regret was not ordering the leather package :(

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yep the active dampers really are great. I switch them to soft when having passengers and the car becomes a comfortable cruiser, yet still agile since I can keep it in Dynamic mode. My only regret was not ordering the leather package :(
Inikkor great write-up and assessment. And Cptwei: I was just thinking yesterday about the leather package - if at all possible to add after market through dealer.. That's the one feature I wish had been available when I bought in early March - alas nothing within 1000 miles had that build.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Totally agree about Alfa red in person!

And yes, I think the Ti RWD with leather interior is the car I would buy over the 3-series or C-class or A4. Stunning value and a lot of fun to drive.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Did you have a chance to check out the Tecnico wheels? Any thoughts as compared to the 5 hole?

Last question, are you thinking of going Ti instead of Q?:grin2:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Gorgeous! The bright tecnico really stand out!

Reactions: inikkor and bigk200

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, those are the best pics I've seen now that I've seen Alfa red in person. (This is me viewing them on an iPad Pro)
I agree. Nice camera or luck recording that deep rich red hue. Ill tell you a secret, I got your pics and printed them out on my color laser... That's what my Q will look like once if if will move from the trim status...

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
Nice images in what were arguably not ideal lighting conditions. A polarizer might have helped, and HDR could've delivered a blue sky background. Love your car. Enjoy!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gorgeous! The bright tecnico really stand out!
Yeah. I've not seem them in real life. Some say that are just like after market wheels. I took the risk to order them anyway, mostly because they are super light FORGED wheels. So they will be good for dynamic performance. If the look as 3D in real life and the do in the pic I might just have locked out. Will see.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Yeah. I've not seem them in real life. Some say that are just like after market wheels. I took the risk to order them anyway, mostly because they are super light FORGED wheels. So they will be good for dynamic performance. If the look as 3D in real life and the do in the pic I might just have locked out. Will see.
Cool! Please give me a shout when you get your Q, I would like to check them out in person and possibly order them for mine!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool! Please give me a shout when you get your Q, I would like to check them out in person and possibly order them for mine!
Of course but mine has just moved to trim status. The promise June delivery seems now impossible. Im loosing it and thinking about driving down to ATL for a TI with the right packages instead.

It might be a mistake but I do have a problem with waiting.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Of course but mine has just moved to trim status. The promise June delivery seems now impossible. Im loosing it and thinking about driving down to ATL for a TI with the right packages instead.

It might be a mistake but I do have a problem with waiting.
Issues with waiting is an Italian thing....... ask me how I know....:grin2:

All I can say is, I test drove the Ti and the Q and.......... The Q is well worth the wait!

Dai.....aspetta ancora un po' e poi e' tutta goduria!

Reactions: inikkor

·
Registered
187 Posts
Great "random thoughts"...

I agree leather is a option that that takes the interior to another level. Definitely get it if you have the opportunity to do so.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts