Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Giulia is about a year old, purchased in May last year. Do to some medical issues in our family it only has 4500 miles. Have gone on many short trips where Auto Stop/Start stayed off for weeks and then randomly starts working. Always when I'm not expecting it. Also, lane departure warning stays off for weeks, and then mysteriously starts working and last week wouldn't turn off with the switch.
Two weeks ago I had what I thought said ACS error on the dash in large letters upon start up along with the message that "Shock absorbers require service" Our is a Sport Q2 with the adjustable shocks. Shutting off the car and restarting seemed to clear the problems for a couple of days and then it occured again. The next time the 'ACS" came on it took three restarts over a period of 35 minutes and 30 miles to clear. That afternoon I wasn't able to lock the doors with my hand, but could with the fob. Now it is back to working normally. Also, the next time the "shock" warning came on and I restarted the shocks were on full hard. Shutting off the car again and restarting and the ride was normal once again. Still have the 020 version software. I can't get my Giulia into my dealer until 15 June, and we are supposed to leave on a 7 day car tour the following day. Are these things that would be dealt with by the T57 update? maybe I should take my '67 Giulia Super that I've owned for 25 years, it's never let me down.

·
Registered
537 Posts
When you’re in make sure and tell them about the issues. They don’t sound recall related to me, more likely a battery/IBS (intelligent battery sensor) issue. With what I’ve heard of other service departments, and how badly our service department overlooks-I will say that the car likely won’t be ready the next day for your trip :( may be a good idea to have old failful ready to go if that’s the case.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'd say with a car a year old and only 4500 miles, you most likely have a battery that is not always topped off. It is said that these cars are sensitive to charge levels. Do you keep a tender/maintainer on the car when parked for long periods?

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'd say with a car a year old and only 4500 miles, you most likely have a battery that is not always topped off. It is said that these cars are sensitive to charge levels. Do you keep a tender/maintainer on the car when parked for long periods?
I've noticed with the Qv that if you let it sit for a couple of weeks due to weather, the start\stop function won't work until the battery gets topped off again. I usually turn it off anyway so I frequently don't notice if it is working or not .....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I made a mistake, it actually is CDC and I can't find in the book what CDC is. Large Triangle with exclamation mark inside and the words Service CDC below. A smaller triangle with a exclamation mark is on the bottom between the total mileage and trip mileage. Also this afternoon after lunch when I shut the car off in an attempt to clear the error (works sometimes), The car appeared to be stuck in Park. After about 6 tries I finally got it into Drive. Second time this has happened, and has also happened to a good friend who has a '17 Giulia Q4. I had my battery charged and no issues until I stopped for lunch. This was after driving 150 miles, so can't see how it would be a battery issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
I made a mistake, it actually is CDC and I can't find in the book what CDC is. Large Triangle with exclamation mark inside and the words Service CDC below. A smaller triangle with a exclamation mark is on the bottom between the total mileage and trip mileage. Also this afternoon after lunch when I shut the car off in an attempt to clear the error (works sometimes), The car appeared to be stuck in Park. After about 6 tries I finally got it into Drive. Second time this has happened, and has also happened to a good friend who has a '17 Giulia Q4. I had my battery charged and no issues until I stopped for lunch. This was after driving 150 miles, so can't see how it would be a battery issue?

Found this on an alfa dealers site. Seems to be for Stelvio, but I would think it would be similar on the Giulia.

TAKE CONTROL
When the name of the game is intelligence, strength and power, the answer is Chassis Domain Control (CDC). The so-called “mind” of the Alfa Romeo Stelvio, the CDC efficiently coordinates all the active systems of the vehicle by optimizing performance and drivability. The CDC creates an enhanced feeling of driving excitement, while keeping an eye on safety. In a play of balance and logic, the CDC system extends its dynamic perfection from the head to the heart of Stelvio.

https://www.schmelzalfaromeo.com/alfa-romeo-stelvio/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts