Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a random idea pop in my head on my way to work this morning based on something I read yesterday. I read an article about "Nihilist Arby's" which is a twitter account that seems to poke fun at Arby's, but it wasnt set up to be malicious, its just become a funny thing the guy did. It's ironically seems to have boosted Arby's and they have joined in making fun of themselves.

So, making fun of themselves is where this conversation is going as a way of mocking their own reliability.

My idea would be an advert where someone is driving a new Giulia along the road and the driver either sees broken down older Alfa Romeos on the side of the road or the alternative would be the driver having flashbacks to times he was driving other Alfa Romeos and they broke down. Then they would go back to the driver and it would appear as though they were waiting for the Giulia to break down with a shot of the odometer rolling up through 1000's of miles but the break down never happens....with the tag line "We promise it's Italian." And just for chuckles they could have something go wrong...for example a warning light could appear showing the gas take empty because the driver was to busy reminiscing on the other/previous break downs.

Now ALFA...make it happen!

Thoughts?

·
Registered
641 Posts
I had a random idea pop in my head on my way to work this morning based on something I read yesterday. I read an article about "Nihilist Arby's" which is a twitter account that seems to poke fun at Arby's, but it wasnt set up to be malicious, its just become a funny thing the guy did. It's ironically seems to have boosted Arby's and they have joined in making fun of themselves.

So, making fun of themselves is where this conversation is going as a way of mocking their own reliability.

My idea would be an advert where someone is driving a new Giulia along the road and the driver either sees broken down older Alfa Romeos on the side of the road or the alternative would be the driver having flashbacks to times he was driving other Alfa Romeos and they broke down. Then they would go back to the driver and it would appear as though they were waiting for the Giulia to break down with a shot of the odometer rolling up through 1000's of miles but the break down never happens....with the tag line "We promise it's Italian." And just for chuckles they could have something go wrong...for example a warning light could appear showing the gas take empty because the driver was to busy reminiscing on the other/previous break downs.

Thoughts?
OK, I'll bite.

It's a clever idea for one. I think though that Alfa would rather not educate a bunch of Gen Y ers and Millenials on how unreliable the last batch of Alfas were. Those of us who are a few generations older might appreciate the humor though.

·
Registered
118 Posts

Thoughts?
I like it, but a better one may be:

Alfa Romeo Giulia
2018 Motor Trend Car of the Year

·
Registered
573 Posts
Can't wait to be driving a Car of The Year.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, I'll bite.

It's a clever idea for one. I think though that Alfa would rather not educate a bunch of Gen Y ers and Millenials on how unreliable the last batch of Alfas were. Those of us who are a few generations older might appreciate the humor though.
True enough. I did have one person ask what make it was and I replied "Alfa Romeo" to which they responded "is that a new brand.....?"

hmmmm.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,439 Posts
True enough. I did have one person ask what make it was and I replied "Alfa Romeo" to which they responded "is that a new brand.....?"

hmmmm.
I was asked whether it was made on the Alfa Romeo (not sure what spelling the person asking had in mind) Coast. I deferred from asking whether they meant Amalfi.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts