Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last evening right before sundown I was heading down a road in suburban Austin, TX (Far West Blvd), when a Stelvio came my way. We spotted each other, waving hands and exchanging big smiles at the same time. Made for good vibes. Not something you see from BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Maserati, name-your-import owners.

Who else has experienced these random friendly encounters?

Thx S

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
4,016 Posts
Less than a week ago :)

Beachside cliff road urban area with lots of walking and jogging, exercising pedestrian traffic - a Red GTV Spider stationary and parked, driver and passenger had just got in and the sunroof was coming down, i drove past the other way, black Giulia Veloce pack, noticed the Pininfarina badge and i gave the Italian "belllissima" kiss (fingers to lips, hand cupped and sudden outward movement, "kissing hand" its called ) and cried out "bella, bellissima"

Driver saw the Giulia and returned the gesture, i returned it back with more ferocity indicating that his GTV Spider was much better looking, and pointed to his Pininfarina badge and shouted "Bellissima" ... he was quite excited by all this and wanted to let me know the Giulia was equally magnificent and shouted "belissima" as well, waving his arm as well, laughing the whole time ...

There we were ... two crazy pazzi Italians blowing hand kisses at eachothers cars, with his female companion and a few walking bystanders totally enthralled by the whole display and smiling and grinning accordingly

LoL

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
4,016 Posts
very common with owners of older Alfa's.
when i first got it, and was waiting to turn on to an expressway, there was a Brera in the go ahead traffic in front of me, he spotted the Giulia and nearly cricked his neck to turn and look as he drove past,
i sped up to drive up alongside to give him a closer look and he just went bananas with thumbs up and smiles ... gave it a squirt and you could see his grin from 100 metres ... yep, it is a shared joy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts