Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a silly question but for the rain sensing wiper option, am I right in thinking that low sensitivity means that it is less likely to wipe and hence wipes less frequently while the high sensitivity wipe occurs more often; or is it that the high sensitive option is more sensitive and requires more rain to wipe and therefore wipes less?

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
This may be a silly question but for the rain sensing wiper option, am I right in thinking that low sensitivity means that it is less likely to wipe and hence wipes less frequently while the high sensitivity wipe occurs more often; or is it that the high sensitive option is more sensitive and requires more rain to wipe and therefore wipes less?
Your first assumption is correct.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your first assumption is correct.
Thanks for confirming!

·
Registered
49 Posts
In practice I've had a hard time noticing the difference and wish the high sensitive setting (2 rain drops) was quicker to kick in. Many times I still need to manually wipe in low rain conditions. I also am assuming high means more sensitive and faster response, but IMO the manual is ambiguous.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
In practice I've had a hard time noticing the difference and wish the high sensitive setting (2 rain drops) was quicker to kick in. Many times I still need to manually wipe in low rain conditions. I also am assuming high means more sensitive and faster response, but IMO the manual is ambiguous.
Maybe this is your issue?

“To deactivate the system, use wiper switch or cycle the ignition to STOP.
If the ignition is cycled to the STOP position, and the wiper switch is left in the ^A or ^^A position, no wiping cycle will occur even if it rains when the vehicle is next started (ignition at ON).”

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I usually find auto wipers too fast and I was them less frequent. The Giulia keeps going when the car is stopped which is extra irritating. Need to take a page from BMW/Lexus/Audi/Porsche and either stop completely or wipe occasionally in low rain with the car stopped.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I usually find auto wipers too fast and I was them less frequent. The Giulia keeps going when the car is stopped which is extra irritating. Need to take a page from BMW/Lexus/Audi/Porsche and either stop completely or wipe occasionally in low rain with the car stopped.
Mine does just that on auto ......

see also statement at the end of following doc:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I guess it still moves too fast for my liking when stopped if it does slow down. My Lexus comes to a complete stop.

Anyway, I have not been successful in setting the wipers to the "service" position. Any insight on that?

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
I guess it still moves too fast for my liking when stopped if it does slow down. My Lexus comes to a complete stop.

Anyway, I have not been successful in setting the wipers to the "service" position. Any insight on that?
Right there in the user manual-

Windshield Wiper
Raising The Windshield Wiper Blades ("Service Position" Function)
The "service position" function allows the driver to replace the windshield wiper blades more easily. It is also recommended to activate this function when it is snowing and to make it easier to remove any dirt deposits in the area where the blades are normally positioned, when washing.
Activation Of The Function
To activate this function disable the windshield wiper before setting the ignition device to STOP.
This function can only be activated within 2 minutes of cycling the ignition to STOP.
To activate this function, move the lever upwards for at least three seconds.
If, after using the function, the ignition is set back to ON with the blades in a position other than rest position (at the base of the windshield), they will only return to rest position following a command given using the stalk (stalk upwards, into unstable position) or when a speed of 3 mph (5 km/h) is exceeded.
Replacing The Windshield Wiper Blades
Proceed as follows:
1. Raise the wiper arm, press tab of the attachment spring and remove the blade from the arm.
Windshield Wiper Stalk
Function Deactivation
The function is deactivated if: More than two minutes passes
before cycling the ignition to the STOP position after having raised the lever and putting the wipers into service position.

Reactions: maddmike
1 - 10 of 10 Posts