Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes when the car is off, parked, and locked (or unlocked), I return to the garage to discover that my radio is still playing music. This appears to be some sort of interaction between my Samsung Galaxy 8 and the factory infotainment system.

I think it happens more when I shut the car off during an ongoing phone call (routed into the car via bluetooth), but I have not exactly narrowed down the circumstances that cause this. locking and unlocking, then re-locking the car do not always have an effect on it.
I have decided to put my key fob and phone as far from the car as possible to break the connection between the various devices, but that is not a convenient arrangement, since the key rack is next to the garage door. Is this a cell phone glitch, or an Alfa glitch?

What is going on here?

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
This apparently a known issue. Happens when you are on a phone conversation when you leave tge car and switch from the car audio stsrem to the phone itself. Supposedly it should turn off after twenty minutes. I have not verified this.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I've had this happen a few times too. Not sure if it actually turns off after 20 minutes or not, but it def has something to do with leaving the car during a phone call.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is all good now but when the battery gets older and weaker and my car won't start, I will probably be more annoyed..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.