Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Is there anyway to program more than 7 favorite channels? I would like to program 7 for each band (AM, FM & Sirius). Thanks
What year is your car, and what level is your infotainment s/w? If you have current s/w, favorites are pretty much unlimited as far as I can tell. I have about 20 set on my car. There is no trick if your s/w is current, you just keep adding them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there anyway to program more than 7 favorite channels? I would like to program 7 for each band (AM, FM & Sirius). Thanks
What year is your car, and what level is your infotainment s/w? If you have current s/w, favorites are pretty much unlimited as far as I can tell. I have about 20 set on my car. There is no trick if your s/w is current, you just keep adding them.
2018 Ti Sport, just took delivery last wk. I couldnt find a way to advance the screen past the 7 programmed channels. For example how did you save channel favorites without overwriting the stored 7 channels?

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
2018 Ti Sport, just took delivery last wk. I couldnt find a way to advance the screen past the 7 programmed channels. For example how did you save channel favorites without overwriting the stored 7 channels?
When you add a favorite, it just tacks it on to the end of the existing list. You can only see 7 at the bottom of your screen, but if you select the “star” you will see the full list of favorites.

So, referencing the photos below, while I was listening to FM 94.7, I selected “Favorites” on the main radio screen, then Edit Favorites , then Add Current Station. And you can see in the 2nd photo that it was added to the end.

Attachments

Reactions: mc3456

·
Registered
869 Posts
Just keep adding them. You can do it via voice or in the edit Favorites. You'll only ever see 7 at the bottom but you can click the star to bring up the favorites menu and then scroll thru the fav list. Or, my preferred way is to change the behavior of the volume/track knob - its in the settings.. Set it to favorites scroll and you can quickly flip thru your entire list.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Obviously (IMHO) it would be nice if the "7" would keep scrolling upwards (18 seems to be a current standard on other marques) instead of clicking on a star and then scrolling. It is already annoying to have to pull back the main button and then scroll and hit it in the short time it allows let alone click for another menu (while driving - ohh did I say that?). In the old days of FM 6 would do but if you have satellite radio, I mean come on.....
While I'm groaning why do we have to pull back on the main button and rotate to access the (few) presets but to go up down one has to knock the small button back and forth (like 155 times....). Why not the other way around? Yes I know about the simulated radio knob too....Arghhh.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Obviously (IMHO) it would be nice if the "7" would keep scrolling upwards (18 seems to be a current standard on other marques) instead of clicking on a star and then scrolling. It is already annoying to have to pull back the main button and then scroll and hit it in the short time it allows let alone click for another menu (while driving - ohh did I say that?). In the old days of FM 6 would do but if you have satellite radio, I mean come on.....
While I'm groaning why do we have to pull back on the main button and rotate to access the (few) presets but to go up down one has to knock the small button back and forth (like 155 times....). Why not the other way around? Yes I know about the simulated radio knob too....Arghhh.
First world problem?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm a new owner and had the pleasure of taking delivery just before heading out on a 1200 mile road trip. After a couple of weeks in the driver's seat I think I have this thing down. Saved 10-12 presets and use either the advance arrow on the steering wheel or click the volume know right/left to flip through the presets. I no longer feel the need to pull back on the main button and rotate to find a station. Also agree that the 24hour clock display was only an issue until I unchecked the GPS sync box.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just keep loading them into your favorites folder.
I must tell you: since I bought this car I do more serious 'driving' and less listening to the radio. The driving experience is awesome and worthy of my full attention.
YMMV.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts