Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Alpha Romeo Giulia Sport
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reside in the Washington DC DMV and past 2 weeks we have been hit hard with cicadas which are wreaking havoc in many ways including cars. In particular car radiators and I looked through to the front grill of my car and it has a good amount of those large bugs splattered all against the front of the radiator. Would I assume maybe best means to dislodge and get rid of these bugs from the front of the radiator may be to hose them off the best means through the black front grills? I don't see any easy access to the front of the radiator to take a cloth or something to clean the front.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
560 Posts
Yea I had to move where I park my car because cicada pissing all over it from the tree above. I would just hose the rad off and that should get it.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,830 Posts
Soak it down, let it sit for a bit and do what you can from the front. There are I believe 2 more "radiators" on the engine side of it so the water may not reach from the engine side.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There is a great spot between the body front and the scudetto where the cicadas like to go to die. I had to pick them out with a toothpick.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,761 Posts
Ours haven’t emerged yet. I’m in no hurry to see them or clean them.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,761 Posts
Reactions: johnalfa

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes, I have noticed that after some extended highway drives, the front of my car is some sort of bug massacre... What can you do? Prob nothing..

I also noticed that bugs around South Philly love Trofeo White Tri-Coat, there is always some bug just hovering over the paint or just on the paint, maybe it's because the car is white, but I don't think I never noticed this with my red or grey Beamers before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts