Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1000 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
470 Posts
CDCM will still work as should when plugged in. If DTCM failed and you drove around, placed foot on brake pedal that set the flashing odo. It must be cleared by dealer now which can be done.

For those doing this in the future you must install race mode and CDCM at the same time then do a proxi. Do not press brake pedal until proxi is done with success. If it fails keep trying.
Just wanted to update on this. I had to do a proxi today after installing a new CSWM (disable easy exit option). Anyways, looking in the proxi settings, the CDCM was EOL Failed. This is because @Alfissimo is correct that you need to proxi after installing the RDNA and the CDCM. I originally just did proxi after RDNA and then installed the CDCM later. The CDCM worked fine of course, but was showing up as in error in MES. That being said, after doing the proxi today, it is showing up good. I still have blinking odometer because my DTCM, but we already know that.

·
Registered
180 Posts
To clarify (this has been done many times in the forums now)

No badge on trunk as delivered: RWD no LSD or QV.
Q2 badge on trunk: RWD with mechanical LSD.
Q4 badge on trunk: AWD (says nothing about LSD or not).

Not sure if you have a mechanical LSD? Pull the rear diff fill plug and check the oil. If it is black due to clutch material contamination, you have the LSD.

Also MY2016-2019 if you have the LSD as original equipment you also have the adaptive shock system. Look for wires to the shock top attachment point in the engine compartment.
thanks but I wasnt looking for explainations, I know well all configs available, so I was replying to people as some didnt know. I had never doubts - I do not have lsd nor adaptive suspension - considered it too expensive when i was placing custom config order for my giulia.

you missed one option in terms of badges - cars can be ordered without badges, so no badge may be really rwd or q2 or q4 or q4+q2 :) of course usually it ist just rwd as badges on are default so you need to put ordering code once placing the order for no badge option (for free) if you do not want them

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had to do a proxi today after installing a new CSWM (disable easy exit option)
since you mentioned something on side of topic, let me ask. So you have CSWM with newer firmware and it finally works OK for on/off easy entry? Is it the firmware version 9.xx reported in MES? Have you used any 2nd hand or went for brand new? If 2nd hand, have you matched original config e.g. heated seats/steering wheel, 6 or 8way and pumped side support? And, your infotainment, is it 2nd gen (>MV072.xxx.xxx firmware currently), or 1st gen but updated to latest MV002.010.043 (which from my experience shows easy entry in menu after proxi mod, but obviously still does not work in car which has old CSWM like the one I tried for one person.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,083 Posts
thanks but I wasnt looking for explainations, I know well all configs available, so I was replying to people as some didnt know. I had never doubts - I do not have lsd nor adaptive suspension - considered it too expensive when i was placing custom config order for my giulia.

you missed one option in terms of badges - cars can be ordered without badges, so no badge may be really rwd or q2 or q4 or q4+q2 :) of course usually it ist just rwd as badges on are default so you need to put ordering code once placing the order for no badge option (for free) if you do not want them
Once again to be clear: My post was not addressed to you but clarify the incomplete information that you posted for the people asking what equipment they have.
As far as I know one cannot order a Giulia sans badges in the NAFTA market. You can ask your dealer to remove the badges before delivering the car to you, but the badges were still there when the car was delivered to the dealer. I have no idea about other markets. I was careful to specify "as delivered".

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
470 Posts
since you mentioned something on side of topic, let me ask. So you have CSWM with newer firmware and it finally works OK for on/off easy entry? Is it the firmware version 9.xx reported in MES? Have you used any 2nd hand or went for brand new? If 2nd hand, have you matched original config e.g. heated seats/steering wheel, 6 or 8way and pumped side support? And, your infotainment, is it 2nd gen (>MV072.xxx.xxx firmware currently), or 1st gen but updated to latest MV002.010.043 (which from my experience shows easy entry in menu after proxi mod, but obviously still does not work in car which has old CSWM like the one I tried for one person.
I bought a 2nd hand CSWM off eBay that was version 9.0 (my original was 5.0). My infotainment was replaced with a newer 2nd gen model with latest firmware. All my seat adjustments and everything works and I can confirm the easy exit option works. Just don't have the option for the auto-on comfort settings.

As far as CSWM, I think the module works for any car/options. You just have to have the supporting other modules and options like heated seats and whatnot and need the correct proxi setting.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I bought a 2nd hand CSWM off eBay that was version 9.0 (my original was 5.0). My infotainment was replaced with a newer 2nd gen model with latest firmware. All my seat adjustments and everything works and I can confirm the easy exit option works. Just don't have the option for the auto-on comfort settings.

As far as CSWM, I think the module works for any car/options. You just have to have the supporting other modules and options like heated seats and whatnot and need the correct proxi setting.
OK, good that such option exist. I was asking in terms of match, because once I did quick attempt on customer car - he added electric seats without heating (his oem config was manually adjustable seats), but his car had all looms for steering wheel heating. I put AC panel with heating, activated all in MES proxi, put steering wheel with heating (he wanted replace his standard SW with the lux/sport SW anyway and add ACC), and no matter what I tried, and no matter that battery was charged well, and that panel SW heating lit on, SW heating didn't worked. There was no time to spend too much time, did for him switch with timer module and lead supply to its relay from cigarette lighter.

but clarify the incomplete information that you posted for the people asking what equipment they have
not sure where I missed something, maybe non intentionally. surelly topic is about non QV so we consider 2.0 as it comes for NAFTA market. ALso, the rest of reply was kind of like explaining to me if I have or do not have LSD, maybe you wanted address this to somebody else asking earlier? anyway, jsut clarifying.

As far as I know one cannot order a Giulia sans badges in the NAFTA market. You can ask your dealer to remove the badges before delivering the car to you, but the badges were still there when the car was delivered to the dealer.
In EMEA there is code they need to put into ordering system, maybe they missed it, or in dealers documentation in US it is not listed so they are not aware such exist (the same like in EU most of dealers didn't know for 2 years how to order wide rear for non Q - it was mysterius option "Extra series tires" in all configurators (which on top of my head is code 140 or something close), and none in official pricelist (e.g. in Poland appeared only in late 2018, but earlier was only visible in online configurator on AR website and without code)). ordering system of FCA at least when I witnessed in Feb 2018 for my order was kind of odd - they were like nearly manually putting in 3 letter/digit option codes into order sheet. IMHO prone for mistakes so I was checking with dealer it probably 5 times (I heard about mistakes that e.g. somebody ordered car with ACC got without as they forgot to put option code on final order). some details like this are not easy/obvious with AR, but of course, always possible scartch the badge as option :)

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
not sure where I missed something, maybe non intentionally. surelly topic is about non QV so we consider 2.0 as it comes for NAFTA market. ALso, the rest of reply was kind of like explaining to me if I have or do not have LSD, maybe you wanted address this to somebody else asking earlier? anyway, jsut clarifying.

In EMEA there is code they need to put into ordering system, maybe they missed it, or in dealers documentation in US it is not listed so they are not aware such exist (the same like in EU most of dealers didn't know for 2 years how to order wide rear for non Q - it was mysterius option "Extra series tires" in all configurators (which on top of my head is code 140 or something close), and none in official pricelist (e.g. in Poland appeared only in late 2018, but earlier was only visible in online configurator on AR website and without code)). ordering system of FCA at least when I witnessed in Feb 2018 for my order was kind of odd - they were like nearly manually putting in 3 letter/digit option codes into order sheet. IMHO prone for mistakes so I was checking with dealer it probably 5 times (I heard about mistakes that e.g. somebody ordered car with ACC got without as they forgot to put option code on final order). some details like this are not easy/obvious with AR, but of course, always possible scartch the badge as option :)
Reference posts 973 (the original question) and 975 (your post). Your post literally says all Q4 have LSD when I think you were attempting to say that Q4 might have LSD. Your post also literally says LSD is an orderable option on Q2 when all Q2 at least for MY2016-2019 have LSD. Thus your post was confusing and needed clarification. Also be careful: clarification is not the same as correction.

An option that is hidden so that it cannot be ordered (badge-less car) is an option that is not orderable. The Alfa Romeo USA configurator available when I ordered my car literally had no option of any kind to get the car without badges. The USA order entry system also did not have any means to add a "special code", it was a series of check boxes "do you want this option?" I stand by my statement: at least through MY2019 in the NAFTA market you could not order a Giulia without badges.

Also, wide rear tires if your ordered RWD was an available check box. It was not hidden, but not orderable in combination with Q4.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I said LSD/Q2 is an option for RWD/Q4 cars, not the part of the spec, Q2 is part of performance package with dampers (and flappy paddles if were not in base trim):
mechanical q2=lsd is option for all giulias both rwd and q4, comes with adaptive dampers as part of performance package. other giuluas have only electronic q2 like done by abs module using breaks
regarding this:
Your post also literally says LSD is an orderable option on Q2 when all Q2 at least for MY2016-2019 have LSD
hmmm, where I said so? I said Q2=LSD in post you referred to. you must misread me. I think my post is clear on this. However you need to notice that no matter of having (maybe not for Q2 - they may be disabling this, it is not clear from e.g. pricelist) or not having proper Q2/LSD, every GIulia/Stelvio/Giuietta/post-lift 159 have what they call electronic Q2 which is just piece of software function in ABS/ESP unit which is using brakes to give you some provision of LSD behaviour. Of course that is just simple provision which is far away from proper LSD and I guess slows down the car because uses brakes. I owner pre-facelift 159 and then post facelift for a few years, and to be fair I haven't noticed difference because of gaining this pseudo Q2 electronic funciton, and it was time when I considered adding Quaiffe LSD to 159 (as it was only FWD car, and there was not that expensive plug and play LSD for around $800 or so) - eventually though decided to order GIulia Q4.

Regarding no badges and ordering system in US, lets leave it. In EU there were configurators where you can tick no badge option (these were used only for making and offer as part of deal with dealer), but ordering system to factory was not about ticking but rewriting by hand option codes, at least in Feb 2018 when I was placing order. This could have changed over time and could be different on different markets.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
470 Posts
I almost bought a debadged 2018 Vesuvio Q2 from Washington state. Not sure if it came that way but it definitely confused me.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just don't have the option for the auto-on comfort settings.
I forgot to comment on above. First you need to have your byte 148th bit 5 set to 1, e.g. my car was 00 hex value, so I set it 20. Also you need some minimal firmware revs in BCM (possibly you have), ETM (with 2nd gen updated you must have that), and ACM (A/C controller module). I do not know exact revisions required as the information I have is coded into some internal rev numbers or something like that (nothing seen with MES or so)

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
470 Posts
I forgot to comment on above. First you need to have your byte 148th bit 5 set to 1, e.g. my car was 00 hex value, so I set it 20. Also you need some minimal firmware revs in BCM (possibly you have), ETM (with 2nd gen updated you must have that), and ACM (A/C controller module). I do not know exact revisions required as the information I have is coded into some internal rev numbers or something like that (nothing seen with MES or so)
Thanks for that. @shpuncik helped me to identify the bytes I needed to change. I changed byte 148 from 00 to 20 and byte 78 from 00 to 40. The option appears in my settings, but when I change it, it goes back to off after a few seconds. I assume this is because firmware on one of my other modules is not the correct version. I do have the latest firmware on my 2nd gen ETM.

·
Registered
180 Posts
byte 78 bit 6 is not applicable/ignored for Giulia, it is only for Stelvio required. I'm sniffing A/C module (ACM/HVAC) is the one responsible, as from a few tries i did over last a few months in customer cars, some which failed to add, had much older HVAC, and BCM/ETM were fresh. what firmwares do you have in BCM and HVAC?
There is also Remote Start required, but since it is US car, it is already there.

Reactions: Drew

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
470 Posts
byte 78 bit 6 is not applicable/ignored for Giulia, it is only for Stelvio required. I'm sniffing A/C module (ACM/HVAC) is the one responsible, as from a few tries i did over last a few months in customer cars, some which failed to add, had much older HVAC, and BCM/ETM were fresh. what firmwares do you have in BCM and HVAC?
There is also Remote Start required, but since it is US car, it is already there.
I'll get that info in a bit. I am sure my HVAC is probably the issue since this is an older 2017 car. I still need to get the dealer to enable AA/CP for me. I also want my IPC updated since it is really dated firmware on that.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
I said LSD/Q2 is an option for RWD/Q4 cars, not the part of the spec, Q2 is part of performance package with dampers (and flappy paddles if were not in base trim):

regarding this:

hmmm, where I said so? I said Q2=LSD in post you referred to. you must misread me. I think my post is clear on this.
Sorry, but your use of English is defective and such issues are demonstrated by 3 of the 4 sentences above. To be certain my English (as a first language) is not great but I did read your statements carefully and they are misleading to ambiguous largely because they do not use proper English syntax so that the reader must guess at the intended meaning.

There is no reason to be defensive. I was attempting to be helpful.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'll get that info in a bit. I am sure my HVAC is probably the issue since this is an older 2017 car. I still need to get the dealer to enable AA/CP for me. I also want my IPC updated since it is really dated firmware on that.
its no harm to leave whatever value there in your car - in pre-facelift giulias byte 78 bit 6 is not used, but in post facelift it is like in stelvio used also for auto comfort on.
with 2nd gen ETM with latest firmware you may gain some updates from dealer for other modules (BCM,L/RBSS,PAM,AMP, ABS, ICP are related on top of my head) but with these path may open for other to update, so once you are there upload all and recheck as new may pop up. in case of no luck, not sure if you will be so determined to chane HVAC for newer like you did with CSWM, though would be interesting

Sorry, but your use of English is defective and such issues are demonstrated by 3 of the 4 sentences above. To be certain my English (as a first language) is not great but I did read your statements carefully and they are misleading to ambiguous largely because they do not use proper English syntax so that the reader must guess at the intended meaning.

There is no reason to be defensive. I was attempting to be helpful.
Surelly I write quickly, and yes, my English is far from perfect, and often I write late at night after whole day of work in front of PC (or from mobile phone doing something else). Going forward, I will try to pay more attention to be non ambigious, of course as much as my defective english will allow haha. In case of doubts I'm happy to clarify what I meant, and will be more open for correcting me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just did race mode on my MY19 Stelvio Q4 without changing the switch.
Proxi alignment kept failing. Flashing ODO and:

Body / BCM (Body Computer Module)
Body Computer Marelli (949)
ISO Code: 00 00 70 7C 15
VIN code: ZARPAHBN0K7C54121
Hardware number: BCM949M_C02 - Ver: 01
Software number: 04441660441 - Ver: 1454
Errors found:
B10AA-4A - PROXI configuration control - Incorrect component installed

But with some help from the forum I did some further settings to the USB port. And it still kept failing. But 4-5 tries I got through all modules. Then cleared DTC. No flashing ODO. Clean DTC scan - no errors.

It works great. I just put in D. Then turn cw again and hold for a few sec - And then RACE MODE!

Attachments

·
Vendor
2,828 Posts
I have mentioned to many that it can take a few tries to get it to go, just keep trying. Glad you got it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have 4.5.

I eventually got it to work. All in all 2 out of 8-9 attempts were success! :)

If I ever do proxi again I will have to check the UBS port settings.

But race mode! its really nice! And get it working without changing the switch makes it quite an easy mod!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have 4.5.

I eventually got it to work. All in all 2 out of 8-9 attempts were success! :)

If I ever do proxi again I will have to check the UBS port settings.

But race mode! its really nice! And get it working without changing the switch makes it quite an easy mod!
I was wrong... seems that I have 4.7R1... Have to go back to 4.6 or 4.7 if I will do proxi again,

981 - 1000 of 1000 Posts