Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

961 - 980 of 1000 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey All, First post on the forum! Driving a 17MY Ti-Sport RWD

Just ordered the dna-r part from a local Alfa dealer and looks like it's not very easy to code. Few questions hope you all can help me with.
  1. Would the blinking odometer mileage occur for all 0401 vehicles? For both Q2(RWD) and Q4 or just one type?
  2. If I change back to mode 1 (not 2 or 3 in race), would the blinking odometer disappear?
  3. Any other MODs could be done with Multiecuscan
  4. Anyone could borrow me the cable and/or software around Austin, TX?
Many Thanks!!!

Samuel

·
Registered
180 Posts
1.Do Q2 RWD have DTCM? I thought DTCM is Q4 only and Q2 is purely mechanical.
2.yes, but based on my above assumption not the problem for you at all
3.yes a few available straight - for US cars e.g. enabling super open/close of side windows (holding open/close button on remote), much more hidden on manual editis, though a lot are strongly dependant on your config and versions of firmwares. You can also do retrofits to add lacking equipment (again if other firmwares and hardware allows - say if you have FCW already and LDW but no ACC+, then you can add ACC+, if you do not have LDW but have windscreen camera (some USA cars are like this), you can activate LDW(but that requires manual proxi edits) after changing stalks etc. Say you want headlamp washers, no problem except a lot of things like bumper, different washer fluid can with 2 pumps (in Giulia needs looms usually added and may need relays/fuses), activate and here you go. Many possibilities but thing is most are more complicated than Race.
4.not living around you

Reactions: samuell

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,083 Posts
Hey All, First post on the forum! Driving a 17MY Ti-Sport RWD

Just ordered the dna-r part from a local Alfa dealer and looks like it's not very easy to code. Few questions hope you all can help me with.
  1. Would the blinking odometer mileage occur for all 0401 vehicles? For both Q2(RWD) and Q4 or just one type?
  2. If I change back to mode 1 (not 2 or 3 in race), would the blinking odometer disappear?
  3. Any other MODs could be done with Multiecuscan
  4. Anyone could borrow me the cable and/or software around Austin, TX?
Many Thanks!!!

Samuel
Have you tried yet? A MY2017 RWD (no Q2) should be easy to enable race mod. The primary issue being that for some versions the paddle shifters do not work and a dealer installed update is required. If you have Q2 you need the CDCM update, available from @Alfissimo .

Only Q4 has the DTCM, so you have no need to update of that module since you do not have it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
1.Do Q2 RWD have DTCM? I thought DTCM is Q4 only and Q2 is purely mechanical.
2.yes, but based on my above assumption not the problem for you at all
3.yes a few available straight - for US cars e.g. enabling super open/close of side windows (holding open/close button on remote), much more hidden on manual editis, though a lot are strongly dependant on your config and versions of firmwares. You can also do retrofits to add lacking equipment (again if other firmwares and hardware allows - say if you have FCW already and LDW but no ACC+, then you can add ACC+, if you do not have LDW but have windscreen camera (some USA cars are like this), you can activate LDW(but that requires manual proxi edits) after changing stalks etc. Say you want headlamp washers, no problem except a lot of things like bumper, different washer fluid can with 2 pumps (in Giulia needs looms usually added and may need relays/fuses), activate and here you go. Many possibilities but thing is most are more complicated than Race.
4.not living around you
Thanks for the detailed answer! Do you know if there's a thread about all the MODs from Multiecuscan?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you tried yet? A MY2017 RWD (no Q2) should be easy to enable race mod. The primary issue being that for some versions the paddle shifters do not work and a dealer installed update is required. If you have Q2 you need the CDCM update, available from @Alfissimo .

Only Q4 has the DTCM, so you have no need to update of that module since you do not have it.
RWD is Q2 right?

But I have not done it yet, still trying to purchase the blue and grey cable.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
RWD is Q2 right?

But I have not done it yet, still trying to purchase the blue and grey cable.
No, Q2 is Q2. Q2 in a MY2017 means you have RWD, adaptive suspension and a limited slip differential.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No, Q2 is Q2. Q2 in a MY2017 means you have RWD, adaptive suspension and a limited slip differential.
Ahh I see, then mine is RWD not Q2.

Just wondering if you have the blue/grey cable I can borrow for a couple of days? International shipping from UK takes a few weeks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
some confusion may come as there is always ESP electronic function in Alfas since ~2008 (face lift 159, all Giuliettas, Giulias/Stelvios) which is called electronic Q2. Real limitted slip diff is called Q2 and you gain badge for this. Its option for RWD and Q4 as well, in Giulia as Performance package.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks for the detailed answer! Do you know if there's a thread about all the MODs from Multiecuscan?
not much more than Race, flappy paddles. options in MES are quite limited (mean off the shelf listed as settings in proxi), there is hundreds of more settings really in proxi (editting raw hex proxi map - like for easy entry setting or android auto/carplay), most do not apply due to config differences, some depend on firmwares (again mentioned), a lot looks like never implemented in official release or hardcoded (proxi just reflects config but does not take effect) - I played a lot there (in my own car i did hundreds of proxi edits, in some customer cars (and I had >100 giulia/stelvios for mods) also a lot), a few things managed to get done in my car working most do not take effect. kind of grey area, very poorely documented on snippets of docs I managed to posses and shoudl probably not share

Reactions: shpuncik

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Ahh I see, then mine is RWD not Q2.

Just wondering if you have the blue/grey cable I can borrow for a couple of days? International shipping from UK takes a few weeks.
Does @Alfissimo have them in stock? I have cantiecar and do not lend it out.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
470 Posts
Just wanted to say I did an autocross today and the race mode did really well! ODO has been blinking for 500 miles now and no other issues.

·
Registered
382 Posts
some confusion may come as there is always ESP electronic function in Alfas since ~2008 (face lift 159, all Giuliettas, Giulias/Stelvios) which is called electronic Q2. Real limitted slip diff is called Q2 and you gain badge for this. Its option for RWD and Q4 as well, in Giulia as Performance package.
Doesn’t the Q4 have a real/mechanical LSD? My sticker states LSD. I hope they don’t mean E LSD.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Was at my local Dodge/Jeep dealer today and was talking with the tech that does all my maintenance, and asked him to do some research on updating the DTCM next time the car is in for an oil change as it will be out of the factory warranty at that point. He said let me pull it in now and see what it shows available, plugged the witech in and it showed DTCM out of date software and showed I had 401 and 501 was available to update.
the craziest part is the car has been to two different Alfa dealers in the 60 days and neither bothered to be a hero and provide a positive customer experience.
Interesting....but for ‘18 Q2 only I wonder?? I was supposed to have all my ECM’s updated Friday to see if my ‘17Q4 could get the DTCM fw updated to 501......stay “tuned” 🥴🤔🤣🇮🇹

·
Registered
180 Posts
Doesn’t the Q4 have a real/mechanical LSD? My sticker states LSD. I hope they don’t mean E LSD.
mechanical q2=lsd is option for all giulias both rwd and q4, comes with adaptive dampers as part of performance package. other giuluas have only electronic q2 like done by abs module using breaks

·
Registered
382 Posts
mechanical q2=lsd is option for all giulias both rwd and q4, comes with adaptive dampers as part of performance package. other giuluas have only electronic q2 like done by abs module using breaks
So, to b clear...., I have true mechanical lsd as it’s a option listed on my window sticker. What weird is I do get some inner wheels spin on hard corner exits. I hear and sense it but no esp program lights that flicker or on inst cluster or throttle reduction as experienced on some bmw or Mercedes I’ve experimented with.

·
Registered
180 Posts
in my 159 or Gulietta ESP light flicker immediatelly, on GIulia I think I never seen it, probably AR changed jsut approach to not to display this? can't comment on LSD more than before, I do not have it, it is very rare option in Europe - maybe for 100+ cars I had in my garage, 2 or 3 all from US only had it, but I driven onto 30m from parking to garage these cars.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
470 Posts
It's a mechanical lsd. Nothing electric about it. If you have the performance package, you have the lsd and adaptive suspension.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
To clarify (this has been done many times in the forums now)

No badge on trunk as delivered: RWD no LSD or QV.
Q2 badge on trunk: RWD with mechanical LSD.
Q4 badge on trunk: AWD (says nothing about LSD or not).

Not sure if you have a mechanical LSD? Pull the rear diff fill plug and check the oil. If it is black due to clutch material contamination, you have the LSD.

Also MY2016-2019 if you have the LSD as original equipment you also have the adaptive shock system. Look for wires to the shock top attachment point in the engine compartment.

961 - 980 of 1000 Posts