Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

941 - 960 of 1000 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
470 Posts
Sorry if covered but thread so long.
Did you use option 2 or 3 when selecting dna switch
Sorry if redundant. Perhaps u tried both. I think 3 or EC was more sporty/ less nannies?
I did option 2 so that you get the race mode yellow.

Did you do the CDCM from me? Did you do a proxi after install of the new CDCM? If not or if you pressed brake pedal before doing so you can get the Flashing ODO.
Yup, I just emailed you yesterday about it. Hmmmm. In terms of proxi, I did the race mode and proxi first, which failed on DTCM causing the flashing ODO. I drove it around and confirmed everything was working including the wonky suspension because of original CDCM. I then installed the CDCM and did not do a proxi after. I did not think about it. I think the CDCM is doing its thing because the car doesn't feel unbalanced anymore and I can tell a difference between dynamic and race mode. Race mode is definitely stiffer than dynamic.

·
Vendor
2,828 Posts
I did option 2 so that you get the race mode yellow.

Yup, I just emailed you yesterday about it. Hmmmm. In terms of proxi, I did the race mode and proxi first, which failed on DTCM causing the flashing ODO. I drove it around and confirmed everything was working including the wonky suspension because of original CDCM. I then installed the CDCM and did not do a proxi after. I did not think about it. I think the CDCM is doing its thing because the car doesn't feel unbalanced anymore and I can tell a difference between dynamic and race mode. Race mode is definitely stiffer than dynamic.
CDCM will still work as should when plugged in. If DTCM failed and you drove around, placed foot on brake pedal that set the flashing odo. It must be cleared by dealer now which can be done.

For those doing this in the future you must install race mode and CDCM at the same time then do a proxi. Do not press brake pedal until proxi is done with success. If it fails keep trying.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
470 Posts
CDCM will still work as should when plugged in. If DTCM failed and you drove around, placed foot on brake pedal that set the flashing odo. It must be cleared by dealer now which can be done.
DTCM is failing because I have an older version (0401) that is incompatible with the race mode mod. Flashing ODO even before doing anything. I can change dna selector to mode 1 and re-proxi and everything will be good again. I tested this already. So when I go for warranty work, I will just re-proxi back to factory.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Throttle map is the same , but different map on boost for sure. I got local tune , not ec. And on A and N I don't have pops and on these set up I got lower boost. On D and Race I got p&b and I got more boost. I think also igntion timing is different, because p&b are made on ignition timing.

Wysłane z mojego HD1913 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Who did the tune for you? Avail to all?

·
Registered
382 Posts
So.... bottom line for this upgrade is older Q4 with its DTCM for awd and fw 401 is the issue. DTCM controls the awd aspect of the Q4
QV and 2wd GIULIAS don’t need / have same DTCM Any Q4 owners w fw 501 who did this out there? Wondering what production date they have? Apparently dealers cannot update Q4 dtcm to latest firmware 501. Seems updates are so vin specific as to be attached to the specific car. Squadra intimated they might b able to change the fw of a Q4 dtcm. Let’s see

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
470 Posts
So.... bottom line for this upgrade is older Q4 with its DTCM for awd and fw 401 is the issue. DTCM controls the awd aspect of the Q4
QV and 2wd GIULIAS don’t need / have same DTCM Any Q4 owners w fw 501 who did this out there? Wondering what production date they have? Apparently dealers cannot update Q4 dtcm to latest firmware 501. Seems updates are so vin specific as to be attached to the specific car. Squadra intimated they might b able to change the fw of a Q4 dtcm. Let’s see
Keep us posted on that front. When I emailed Squadra, sounded like nothing they can really do without physically having my DTCM.

Wish I did this earlier when we still had some snow to test how the Q4 operates in race mode. I may test out in the rain to see if it behaves normally, or if it somehow makes it RWD only since it doesn't know what to do in race mode. That would be interesting.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Keep us posted on that front. When I emailed Squadra, sounded like nothing they can really do without physically having my DTCM.

Wish I did this earlier when we still had some snow to test how the Q4 operates in race mode. I may test out in the rain to see if it behaves normally, or if it somehow makes it RWD only since it doesn't know what to do in race mode. That would be interesting.
Only a guess but if the dtcm is still in original proxi. then I would guess awd should be like normal or dynamic In race. But no esc. I wonder what would happen if Alfa engineer decided to write code for the dctm in a Q4 for race mode?? Frontal coLlisa on warning off, all nannies off, perhaps active center diff applying power front to rear based on tire slippage.. I have rear LSD so hopefully minimal slip back there. Audi kicked ass decades ago on track w their all wheel drives.

·
Vendor
2,828 Posts
DTCM 0401 does not want to run PROXI. It will give an error so PROXI is unsuccesfull.
DTCM 0501 is no problem with PROXI
Many cars can not be updated to 0501. Which means, WiTECH doesn't set an update. However if you have someone at dealer you can manipulate WITECH so the update can be done anyway ;)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hi Jason....is this verified true?? I’ve “read” dealer cannot update dtcm. I’ll call local dealer to see what they know.

·
Vendor
2,828 Posts
Hi Jason....is this verified true?? I’ve “read” dealer cannot update dtcm. I’ll call local dealer to see what they know.
I did not say a dealer. ;) I said with WITECH. Yes, it's confirmed. Maybe if you have a nice dealer it can be.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Sorry trying to quote but something kooky
confused if able to update dtcm. Dealer is mentioned but is their unit witech.?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Throttle map is the same , but different map on boost for sure. I got local tune , not ec. And on A and N I don't have pops and on these set up I got lower boost. On D and Race I got p&b and I got more boost. I think also igntion timing is different, because p&b are made on ignition timing.

Wysłane z mojego HD1913 przy użyciu Tapatalka
I swapped my diesel for a 200hp Q4 Stelvio. I will have it tuned by a local tuner.
Race mode will done later when I have the SGW bridge in place. But will type 2 race change ingnition and boost? Will my tune that gets tested by my local tuner later be affected by changing to race mode?

·
Registered
737 Posts
I swapped my diesel for a 200hp Q4 Stelvio. I will have it tuned by a local tuner.
Race mode will done later when I have the SGW bridge in place. But will type 2 race change ingnition and boost? Will my tune that gets tested by my local tuner later be affected by changing to race mode?
in a word "no". just be clear that the type 2 hack defaults to N mode ECU map, and have your aggressive tune there.

I run a EC Phase 2 RDNA map just for that reason. lose a little mileage in N mode (23mpg versus 24.3mpg). c'est la vie.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti
320 Posts
I did not say a dealer. ;) I said with WITECH. Yes, it's confirmed. Maybe if you have a nice dealer it can be.
Was at my local Dodge/Jeep dealer today and was talking with the tech that does all my maintenance, and asked him to do some research on updating the DTCM next time the car is in for an oil change as it will be out of the factory warranty at that point. He said let me pull it in now and see what it shows available, plugged the witech in and it showed DTCM out of date software and showed I had 401 and 501 was available to update.
the craziest part is the car has been to two different Alfa dealers in the 60 days and neither bothered to be a hero and provide a positive customer experience.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
470 Posts
We've seen 2018s getting the update, but has anyone with a 2017 been able to update?

941 - 960 of 1000 Posts