Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

721 - 740 of 790 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Doing so many times, kilometers always flash.
Ok I bet if you do another proxi alignment and pay attention to which modules fail during the process you'll find out it's your DTCM. I have the exact same problem and I'm out of options as far as how to update it. Dealers will not just update modules because you want them to, something has to be wrong. Getting infotainment to v85 did not require an update to DTCM unfortunately.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I’ve got a 2018 Ti Q4 with performance pack, build 10/2017, no SGW module.

After changing the byte then performing a procsi would fail with DTCM.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I’ve got a 2018 Ti Q4 with performance pack, build 10/2017, no SGW module.

After changing the byte then performing a procsi would fail with DTCM.
I have same as you but Q2 and it failed/timedout 3 times before it worked the 4th time. I suspect cables or adapaters were the cause.

·
Registered
53 Posts
So try procsi 3-4 times?
yes, sometimes it helps. In the time I dealt with MES 4.3 and ELM+Adapters, I had this on my car - every 2-3 proxis failed on one of ECUs. Since I'm on 4.4/4.5 no issues in my (or any other) car i dealt with (I did good a few cars over that time, say 20 proxi runs). The same since I moved to MES multiplexed 4.5 with CANtieCAR interface, no issues. In other hand, one or two people on Polish forum complain that since they installed MES 4.5 they can't run proxi successfully withe their ELMs/adapters, so they reverted to 4.4.

·
Super Moderator
2,205 Posts
yes, sometimes it helps. In the time I dealt with MES 4.3 and ELM+Adapters, I had this on my car - every 2-3 proxis failed on one of ECUs. Since I'm on 4.4/4.5 no issues in my (or any other) car i dealt with (I did good a few cars over that time, say 20 proxi runs). The same since I moved to MES multiplexed 4.5 with CANtieCAR interface, no issues. In other hand, one or two people on Polish forum complain that since they installed MES 4.5 they can't run proxi successfully withe their ELMs/adapters, so they reverted to 4.4.
I had never encountered a PROXI alignment issue until 4.5, now it can take a couple of tries to get it to complete successfully. I disconnected the adapter from the OBD2 port and the computer, just to make sure it was all communicating happily.

Keep trying, people!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Editted after 2nd thought.
I would like to add one information about possible correlation between firmware revisions of some of ECUs and issues with flappy paddles in Race mode.
I got data from one of polish forum fellows, he owns Giulia Super 2.0 built mid of 2016, but he got plenty of updates to his car. He was able to do proxis, activate Race mode (with FP working in R), activate ACC, retrofit reversing camera, 8.8" display, 7" display on IPC (aside of Quadrifoglio seats/steering wheel and black cloths roof/pillar covers). His car is good example of for our considerations. He has very old BCM firmware rev 0602, so it is not stopper then. He has older ECU software G520AA9A, so this is not a stopper then. He has gearbox firmware GP0702 one like e.g. problematic SniZ's car has, so again must not be a problem. only major difference is BSM(ABS) module firmware - he has pretty new XJ_RAN0010 rev 8401, so like 2018 cars got out of factory (I have it still in my 4.2018 car).

SO, everybody with non working flappy paddles in Race, get in some way dealer to update your cars to at least XJ_RAN firmwares and see if that helps (and let us know).

Now, regarding issues to run proxi at all successfuly on SniZ car. We had bit of chat on WhatsUp a few minutes ago, and first thing he only tired to run in MES 4.4 (I suggested give a try in 4.3 and 4.5), as well as he uses some OBDLink interface - not sure if anybody tried this ever on Giulia/Stelvio. He has also some ELM (from China), but he didn't know that he needs to select one of last options on interface selection list with additional "(High speed)" as otherwise proxi can't be run on MES. I also given him link to seller of ELMs where me and a few other lads on polish forum bought - chineese ELM but proven, and already modified with resistor removed. So he has plenty of things to try, lets see if any woudl help. Other option for him may be go to dealer and try to update his car firmeares first - God only knows if this coudl help, but maybe? At least once he hets to proxi run succesfully, maybe he won't have issues with no flappy paddles/manual gear change via stick in Race?

·
Super Moderator
2,205 Posts
I would like to add one information about possible correlation between firmware revisions of some of ECUs and issues with flappy paddles in Race mode or proxi successful runs.
I got data from one of polish forum fellows, he owns Giulia Super 2.0 built on 6.2016, but he got plenty of updates to his car. He was able to do proxis, activate Race mode (with FP), activate ACC, retrofit reversing camera, 8.8" display, 7" display on IPC (aside of Quadrifoglio seats and black cloths roof/pillar covers). His car is good example of for our considerations. He has very old BCM firmware rev 0602, so it is not stopper then. He has older ECU software G520AA9A, so this is not a stopper then. He has gearbox firmware GP0702 one like e.g. problematic SniZ's car has, so again must not be a problem. What looks like the possible answer why he is good, is BSM(ABS) module firmware - he has pretty new XJ_RAN0010 rev 8401, so like 2018 cars got out of factory (I have it still in my car).

SO, everybody with proxi issues or non working flappy paddles in Race, get in some way dealer to update your cars to at least XJ_RAN firmwares and see if that helps (and let us know).
That's fantastic info! Not that I need it, but it's potentially very beneficial to others having PROXI alignment issues. Thanks epsonix!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hmm, at least i should update ACC (Continental ABS MK C1 Software number: XJ_RAL00165), because i have incompleted V27 recall.And update dashboard - it show wrong range and fuel level.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That's fantastic info! Not that I need it, but it's potentially very beneficial to others having PROXI alignment issues. Thanks epsonix!
I slightly editted my previous post, probably some of conclusions were pre-mature, but most still matches. anyway, making notes what firmware revs people have, what interfaces were tried, what MES version etc, hopefully somethibng usefull out of this could be compiled at the end. I will have a few cars for retrofits or USA->EU conversions within nearest weeks, so will add all information to my collected data, and later share - hopefully more solid conclusions coudl be made out of the collected data.

·
Registered
88 Posts
FYI the software version I needed in the DTCM to properly PROCSI the car is below. This is on a 2017 Q4 w/ ACC and adaptive dampers, even though the software version shows it is only applicable to a 2018-2019.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Does CC/EC in byte 88th work also with new monostable/CAN versions of DNA switch equipped cars? Is it required in this case to change the switch to Q monostable or standard monostable will do?
I glanced over last 4 months of discussions and haven't seen answer on this.

·
Super Moderator
2,205 Posts
Does CC/EC in byte 88th work also with new monostable/CAN versions of DNA switch equipped cars? Is it required in this case to change the switch to Q monostable or standard monostable will do?
Not sure, but I would assume that it is still needed.

·
Registered
115 Posts
In giulia with new switch monostable the byte 88 is the same AC or CC

·
Registered
53 Posts
In giulia with new switch monostable the byte 88 is the same AC or CC
thanks, is that confirmed working on real 2019 car with monostable DNA switch or just assumed as e.g. new cars have this byte AC stock?
QV Monostable switch part number is different from giulia non QV
OK, but it could be only because it has addtional RACE text&illumination only, I wonder if anybody tried? I never played myself with new type of DNAR, but as far as I seen its operation on 2019 Qs on youtube theoretically standard monostable switch still can work OK (unless its firmware differs so it does not send Race command, but maybe it is not mode command but just press command so in such case standard switch woudl be OK)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Never tried change byte 88 in giulia with monostable switch but I confirm in proxy byte 88 is AC

Monday I tell you if inside monostable switch is compatible but I bet the firmware is different because is a CAN node

·
Registered
53 Posts
Never tried change byte 88 in giulia with monostable switch but I confirm in proxy byte 88 is AC
OK, already something

Monday I tell you if inside monostable switch is compatible but I bet the firmware is different because is a CAN node
My guessing is that it could be done 2 ways on CAN - switch either sends Race ON/OFF commands (or ECU reads from its register RACE ON/OFF request), then we woudl need new switch, or switch just sends command or reports that switch was again rotated, and this is one of ECUs deciding what to do with the information - in that case new switch may not be required (money and time saving on upgrade)

721 - 740 of 790 Posts