1 - 20 of 654 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Oh my..

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Squadra say (on FB) they have tested on two Giulia verions, something like “euro6b” and “euro6d”. I have no idea what that means with regard to the possibility of the mods working with USA-spec cars, but in response to a question from an EU Veloce (280hp) Q4 owner, they said to email VIN so they can check.

Does anyone have any insight on the matter of getting this on USA cars?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
euro 6B and euro 6D are emission standards..... The latest emission standard giulia (6D) also has the new DNA switch that defaults to "N" each time upon starting (other positions are spring loaded)
Don't think usa gets this last version.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
euro 6B and euro 6D are emission standards..... The latest emission standard giulia (6D) also has the new DNA switch that defaults to "N" each time upon starting (other positions are spring loaded)
Don't think usa gets this last version.
Yes, it's true that in the USA we did not get the monostable DNA switch for MY19 (at least, I've been in two MY19 cars which did not have it; it may be a production date variation, though).

I'll reach out to Squadra and see what they think about the suitablility of the mod for USA spec cars.

·
Vendor
1,135 Posts
I will have more info on this soon.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I will have more info on this soon.
I’m your test mule..! The lack of ABS is starting to be more of a problem with the ESC/ABS off dongle as I get more familiar with the feel of the de-nannied car and the temps get hotter... :)

·
Registered
953 Posts
YES!! This is the second company able to do it (first was ENG-custom in Italy)! If Squadra is saying it means it's real!
American tuners @[email protected] get to work!!! we want this.
I'm afraid this will require bringing the car in though... especially to install the Race knob. Good excuse for a roadtrip :cool:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looking forward to see this. I am ready!

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
At least from what I see in the service manual, swapping out the DNA switch for an RDNA switch is not a difficult project. You need to get the shifter surround off, which involves only the use of trim removal tools. The DNA switch is screwed to the underside of said panel, so some screws need to be removed from there.

I don't think any wires need to be added, just plug in the switch, reassemble and done.

The bigger problem is without some change to the electronics, putting said switch in the "R" position will "go wrong" or at least that is what the Europeans that have tried it have reported.

Does anybody have any idea if this kit/reprogramming from Squadra would be compatible with the EC tunes?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Already in contact with ENG-Custom Italy and they checked my Vin number and they said it is possible (2017 giulia veloce Q4 280) but need to replace the DNA knob and then reprogramming, from Israel my friend whom working with sports car tune already in contact with ENG to become a dealer maybe for them and also in combination with squadra Tuning, will let you know soon, by the way it is important for ENG to know which OBD interface you use.

·
Vendor
1,135 Posts
Almost there.... I will have news asap. Might be a few weeks but close.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Bytes

88 AC -> CC
115 14 - >16
157 00->01

After that you must do calibration in abs module. (3 calibrations).
Than turn off, turn on, ESC and tsc will be deactivated.
Than turn off and turn on again and all should works

Please write if it is working

Wysłane z mojego SM-G973F przy użyciu Tapatalka

1 - 20 of 654 Posts
About this Discussion
653 Replies
60 Participants
Giulia_wtf12
Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum
We’re the top forum to discuss Alfa Romeo Giulia’s seductive styling, luxury and race level performance.
Full Forum Listing