Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It took my 6 months to finally shoot the video of my Centerline X-Pipe, but I guess its only fitting since the video of the stock exhaust was taken exactly 1 year ago on July 4th in the exact same spot. I have the Sprint filter installed too but I don't know what effect, if any, it has on the sound.

The stock exhaust video was shot on an iPhone X and the X-Pipe video was shot on an iPhone XS Max.

I think the X-Pipe sounds deeper and angrier, and for the first time louder. I've always thought the X-Pipe sounded quieter than stock, despite the claims that it will make it louder, but listening to these 2 videos back to back finally sells me on it.

Here is the stock exhaust:

Here is the X-Pipe exhaust (with filter):

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great comparison! Would love to hear the xpipe under load too. The sound is definitely different depending on how it’s recorded.

Bang for your buck I think this is the best exhaust mod outside of unplugging vacuum stock.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there any drone with the x-pipe?
If I'm honest, I'm not sure what exhaust drone is. Everyone says it's bad, so I assume I would know if the x pipe had it, so I'm going to guess and say no it doesn't.

Autofanatic did 2 videos on his x pipe and he didn't report any drone either

Reactions: Joshua R

·
Registered
54 Posts
If I'm honest, I'm not sure what exhaust drone is. Everyone says it's bad, so I assume I would know if the x pipe had it, so I'm going to guess and say no it doesn't.

Autofanatic did 2 videos on his x pipe and he didn't report any drone either
Drone is an annoying constant exhaust noise, usually at highway speeds. Put on headphones and listen to this, it's a good example.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi,

I looking at exhaust upgrades for my QV. Living in Australia, all the performance solutions are imported and pricey (unless you go custom). I’ve decided to go for an x-pipe as a cheaper upgrade and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the ‘club sport’ x-pipe from Larini? I’m wondering how it compares to the x-pipe from Magnaflow? It’s looks much better quality wise.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi,

I looking at exhaust upgrades for my QV. Living in Australia, all the performance solutions are imported and pricey (unless you go custom). I’ve decided to go for an x-pipe as a cheaper upgrade and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the ‘club sport’ x-pipe from Larini? I’m wondering how it compares to the x-pipe from Magnaflow? It’s looks much better quality wise.

View attachment 100661

View attachment 100662

View attachment 100663
I was looking at this one recently but I don't think it stated anywhere it could be used with the OEM back boxes. It MAY fit straight on but it doesn't state that so I have to assume it is designed only to work with the rest of their system. Previous experience with this sort of system has ended up with me either having to modify the new section or the existing section to make them all fit together i.e. the new centre section doesn't quite line up with the OEM back boxes.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi,

View attachment 100661

View attachment 100662

View attachment 100663
Have you seen the Ragazzon version? Seen it advertised on a AU website:

The text on their website is a copy from the manufacturers website that says it won't fit OE silencers, but the TMC Motorsport website sells the resonated version of this which looks to be the exact same fitment (the manufacturers website has the same text about not fitting OE silencers) but TMC sell it with 3 options; no adapters, adapters to fit OE exhaust and apdapters to fit Ragazzon back boxes. This surely implies the non-resonated version will fit the OE exhaust with the same adapters.
It doesn't look like there is an X-pipe connection though in the pictures.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I was looking at this one recently but I don't think it stated anywhere it could be used with the OEM back boxes. It MAY fit straight on but it doesn't state that so I have to assume it is designed only to work with the rest of their system. Previous experience with this sort of system has ended up with me either having to modify the new section or the existing section to make them all fit together i.e. the new centre section doesn't quite line up with the OEM back boxes.
Thanks Mike - I’ll investigate further.

·
Registered
150 Posts
So I finally took delivery of the Larini x pipe and fitted it this morning. It’s a straight rip and replace for the OE centre and fits like a glove.

So far I have noticed a smoother burble at idle in A,N,D settings. In Race mode, the sound is higher pitched - more racier and raspier. Probably louder - hard to say at this stage.
Overall, too early to say if it’s better than stock - but definitely ‘racier’ sounding in Race.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
So I finally took delivery of the Larini x pipe and fitted it this morning. It’s a straight rip and replace for the OE centre and fits like a glove.

So far I have noticed a smoother burble at idle in A,N,D settings. In Race mode, the sound is higher pitched - more racier and raspier. Probably louder - hard to say at this stage.
Overall, too early to say if it’s better than stock - but definitely ‘racier’ sounding in Race.
View attachment 103671

View attachment 103672

View attachment 103673
You can try and measure the db readings and compare to what others posted on the forum.

With my x pipe I think I got 84 when sitting in my car, backed into my tight garage, with only the driver window down; and I reached a peak of 111 (hovering at 102) when placed about a foot off the ground and a foot behind the exhaust tip in that same garage.

I believe someone said 73db was stock.

Here's the post where these numbers are:

·
Registered
14 Posts
You can try and measure the db readings and compare to what others posted on the forum.

With my x pipe I think I got 84 when sitting in my car, backed into my tight garage, with only the driver window down; and I reached a peak of 111 (hovering at 102) when placed about a foot off the ground and a foot behind the exhaust tip in that same garage.

I believe someone said 73db was stock.

Here's the post where these numbers are:
how are you liking the Larini?
I may go with Larini X Pipe, I am not impressed with the sound of the Centerline and Remus to be honest.
how much does it cost? Can you send me a link please.
thx.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
how are you liking the Larini?
I may go with Larini X Pipe, I am not impressed with the sound of the Centerline and Remus to be honest.
how much does it cost? Can you send me a link please.
thx.
I don't have the larini, I have the centerline xpipe and I've always questioned it.

@Joshua R has the larini I believe

Reactions: Hiland
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.