Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking my QV down to get tinted this weekend, and am trying to decide how dark to go. On my last car (BMW 135i) I went with 35% all around which was perfect, but the stock tint on the Alfa seems darker so thinking maybe I will go less. So for those of you who have had your Quads tinted, how dark did you go and was it enough, too much, or just right? Thanks!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I just had my car tinted last weekend and I ended up going with 35% all around (except the windshield which is not tinted). Optimally I would have liked to do 40%, because I didn't want to go too dark, but that was not available at most places I talked to. The tinting places told me that 50 and 55% tints are way too light and lot of people use that for their front windshields. From the outside the 35% does look a little darker than I would have liked it, but ultimately not bad. It does make the car look sportier. I have black interior and one can still see inside and see the contours of the seats and the steering wheel. From the inside looking out, the 35% tint looks very nice not overly dark at all, which was another of my concern.
On a white car the 35% might appear darker. I think you should go to the tinting shop and try to check out some cars that are tinted and try to make up your mind based on that. Photographs and videos on youtube are confusing because the camera's reproduction of the actual darkness is highly inaccurate.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I always do 20% all around and 70% on the whole windshield
Have you seen any issues with the infrared wipers by doing the front window? I am trying to decide if i want to do the front window (for those 6 warm, sunny days in Seattle) and cannot find information on whether the tint would block the sensor for the windshield wipers.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I did 20% Xpel Ceramic tint all around, with the exception of the front windshield, which I didn't touch. I love it and wouldn't change it. The color blends quite well with the black window trim.

I believe CA law allows a maximum of 30% tint on the front windows.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. I may stick with 35%. I agree 40% would be ideal and 45% seems too light. Probably Suntek CXP or LLumar CTX. Am definitely going to do the clear heat film on the front ... did not do that on the last car and regretted it.

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
My QV is 15% all around, nothing on the windshield. Tint is totally subjective though. I love mine that dark (my previous cars have been 5-10% all around) but others are happy with 35%.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am taking my QV down to get tinted this weekend, and am trying to decide how dark to go. On my last car (BMW 135i) I went with 35% all around which was perfect, but the stock tint on the Alfa seems darker so thinking maybe I will go less. So for those of you who have had your Quads tinted, how dark did you go and was it enough, too much, or just right? Thanks!
Just FYI, I'm uploading a pic of my QV with the 20% tint

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just FYI, I'm uploading a pic of my QV with the 20% tint
That looks great with the Rosso red. Would love to see it in person if that C+C happens Saturday (or if not then at another one down the road)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks! I'll do my best to be at C + C on Saturday if it happens.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Ceramic Tint

I don't know what brand we are getting but we are looking at the ceramic tint on all windows except for windshield. It is infrared already and not sure we need it but if so we can add it later. I was leaning more toward 35 or 50% it is just really hard to tell when it is going to be too dark. Definitely don't want limo tint to hard to see at night. The ceramic is suppose to be the main deflection of heat versus the level of darkness or so I am told. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I don't know what brand we are getting but we are looking at the ceramic tint on all windows except for windshield. It is infrared already and not sure we need it but if so we can add it later. I was leaning more toward 35 or 50% it is just really hard to tell when it is going to be too dark. Definitely don't want limo tint to hard to see at night. The ceramic is suppose to be the main deflection of heat versus the level of darkness or so I am told. Thoughts?
It is a personal preference but I went with 50% but I don't believe mine is ceramic.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I went with Llumar’s highest level of ceramic tint. It was double the price of their standard metallic tint. I must say that it does amazingly well at keeping out the heat which to me is important since I am in Florida.

I plan on taking it back to get the windshield done also.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts