Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm purchasing a QV soon and will need to acquire some track pads right away. I've already got a feeler out there to my usual dealer, Clark at Apex Performance, and am waiting to hear back. Over the years I've used PFC08's, Pagid Yellows RS-29 and RS-19, Pagid Blacks RS-14, Endless MX-72's (hybrid, stay away), and also Stoptech Street Performance pads.

My collective advice after going through many different pads on many different cars is to find a pad that matches well with your tire grip levels. For extreme performance summer tires such as Michelin PSS and also track and competition tires like Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2's and Bridgestone Potenza RE-71r's I've found that Pagid RS-29 yellows are my favorites. I tried the RS-14's with the same tires and found that the elevated friction levels would lock up the tires too easily (on a car of similar size and weight to the QV). That said, if you were running slicks I might suggest stepping up to the RS-14's.

Since the standard steel brakes are Brembos they should also be a standard pad shape, once we have that info there should be plenty of track pad choices. FWIW, I have had terrible experiences with hybrid pads and I would recommend you stay away. The only option is learning how to do pad swaps and to do them before and after events. It really isn't that hard, maybe 1-2 hours of work, though your first time may be a bit slower.

I should also touch on brake fluid, I exclusively run Castrol SRF. I used to run Motul 600 but boiled it a few times on cars weighing 3600-3850lbs, as such the extra expense of the SRF is worth the additional safety margins IMO. You should only need one 1L bottle to do a full flush.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts here and can't wait to get my QV!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Looked into Pagid and I like their options. Coming from the JDM world so many new options I have never heard of but I prefer a bit more bite over stock if possible with out sacrificing the noise (awful race car brake squeal).

Looks like all of the options are available from Pagid what would be a good daily pad thats better than stock.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Stock pads are really nice but only got 3 days off track time plus daily driving. Tried Hawk HPS, ok but then quickly wore out and definitely lower performance than stock.

Now will try EBC Blue. Have been a fan for many years and should be a sweet spot. As long as performance is at least equal to stock then savings are huge over long run. Will have to keep on eye on the rotors.....

Swear by Castrol as well. Stock fluid boiled over.

Unfortunately rear pads still not released for crossover data to EBC and others so will go stock for now.

Happy hunting the GT3s.....

·
Vendor
186 Posts
The Pagid RSL29 and 19 compound has great ability to take the heat on the track and not start to leave pad transfer or fade.

We have been specifying the RS29 on the 4C a lot lately for these reasons.

With the QV steel brake cars, after talking the Pagid extensively, the RSL19 is the pad compound we suggest for that car. It's nearly identical in characteristics to the RS29. And it's got a lot of ceramic content to handle the increased weight and power from a QV.

We've got it in stock here for front and rear axles.

·
Registered
151 Posts
After cooking OEM stock front pads, I tried the EBC Blue "Bluestuff" pads. They didn't overheat but they're worn beyond 50% after one track day. Has anyone tried these Pagid RSL19 pads mentioned here? Anyone got first-hand experience to report?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts