Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Haha love it. Seriously though, I have a cold start and initial driving routine as well due to past experience with this car.

1) Start engine in Normal mode
2) Idle for about 20 seconds or longer if I haven’t driven it for more than 24 hours or if idle seems more rough than usual
3) Wait for exhaust valves to close
4) Shift into D and disengage parking brake
5) Proceed to drive with no more than 1/3 throttle
6) Use more throttle as engine warms up
7) Switch modes as needed only when 3 bars shown on oil temp gauge

Who else does something like this?

Almost exactly except for the start up in N

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Is drink/food allowed in your car?. If NO, it's understandable. If YES, before the "put on seat belt" it may be "place the big coffee mug in cup holder" !!!!!
No food. Ever. For any reason. Even people who have eaten within the last two hours are not allowed :LOL:

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Is drink/food allowed in your car?. If NO, it's understandable. If YES, before the "put on seat belt" it may be "place the big coffee mug in cup holder" !!!!!
No food or drink ever allowed in my car. I allow myself the occasional coffee when I am on a long drive but I try and stop for the coffee. No kids food or drinks for sure, it is a sanctum.

·
Registered
32 Posts
No food or drink ever allowed in my car. I allow myself the occasional coffee when I am on a long drive but I try and stop for the coffee. No kids food or drinks for sure, it is a sanctum.
Same here, only coffee is allowed (driver side only😉) in a no drip, stylish thermo.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Registered
8 Posts
Press Auto Stop disable button
Thankfully Auto Stop has almost completely stopped working on my car. Every now and then it will surprise me with a shut off, but less than once a week. It's probably a sign that something even worse is broken, but I definitely don't miss it.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
504 Posts
Press brake
Press start
Wait for my Wireless CarPlay to connect
Put on my shades if it's sunny
"Hey Siri, I'm heading Home" or "Hey Siri, I'm heading to Work". My custom shortcuts set my play list, open maps with directions to where I said, I notify my wife what time I'll be home (if I'm heading home)
Drive off like I've got a full open bowl of soup in the passenger's seat until the car warms up

·
Registered
131 Posts
Getting into the QV is a bit like a pre flight check in the cockpit.

Put on seat belt
Press Start Engine button
Attach radar detector to mount
Turn DNA selector to D
Press Suspension button to soft
Push Transmission lever Forward to Drive
Push Transmission lever left to Manual
Put on Maui Jims
Whew... Now I'm ready to go:cool:
For me it's to hit the start button and pray no christmas lights light up on the dash. When all clear, maybe a low washer fluid warning light, it's all go go go.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Press brake
Press start
Wait for my Wireless CarPlay to connect
Put on my shades if it's sunny
"Hey Siri, I'm heading Home" or "Hey Siri, I'm heading to Work". My custom shortcuts set my play list, open maps with directions to where I said, I notify my wife what time I'll be home (if I'm heading home)
Drive off like I've got a full open bowl of soup in the passenger's seat until the car warms up
I have to press brakes twice once to turn on the car, but then I have to release them or else I can't fully depress them to drive away slowly

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q2, Vesuvio/Red, Perf Pkg, CF all over.
106 Posts

Put on seat belt
Turn DNA selector to D
Put on Maui Jims

Put on seat belt
Turn DNA selector to D
Put on Maui Jims
Pushing the lever forward puts the car in reverse. If you put your seat belt on before starting the engine, parking brake will automatically release. Otherwise you need to manually release it with a push of the switch. Enjoy the ride is last step.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Pushing the lever forward puts the car in reverse. If you put your seat belt on before starting the engine, parking brake will automatically release. Otherwise you need to manually release it with a push of the switch. Enjoy the ride is last step.
As it happens, I do engage R first to back up a foot or so to allow easier exit from my parking space. I didn't eve think about it when listing my pre move-off checklist. It's an unconscious action at this point. I have also disabled the auto parking brake engagement when stopping and selecting park. The only reason for the parking brake is extra insurance on a slope sufficient to allow the car to roll forwards or backwards IMO

·
Registered
12 Posts

Put on seat belt
Turn DNA selector to D
Put on Maui Jims
2017 Giulia TI Lusso. Same routine except no suspension setting. Most fun I have had driving a car in years.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts