Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching the Nürburgring record video for the QV and I noticed that the display showed the digital speedometer. My U.S. version QV only shows either a "D" when in automatic or the gear number when in manual. I am missing some setting adjustment? I like race mode but miss having the speedometer displayed. Greatly appreciated if someone has figured this out.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Subscribing. Same question as I'd like to see the digital speedo while in Race mode too.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I think you just need to press the button on the end of the stalk that is used to control the wiper blades. It's on the very end of the stalk, and each press will switch between different screens in the center of the dash. And the screens that you see will vary depending on which drive mode you are in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info on the pre-production version. I can't for the life of me think why they would have it as an option in race mode and then decide to remove it. There is so much wasted space in the instrument panel.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Thanks for the info on the pre-production version. I can't for the life of me think why they would have it as an option in race mode and then decide to remove it. There is so much wasted space in the instrument panel.
Please try what I recommended. I have had my QV in race mode, and it can display the speed numerically like you want. The stalk on the right side of the steering wheel has a button on the end. Try pressing the button.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Please try what I recommended. I have had my QV in race mode, and it can display the speed numerically like you want. The stalk on the right side of the steering wheel has a button on the end. Try pressing the button.
It doesn't work on my UK version. What region is yours and which month of manufacture?

·
Registered
473 Posts
I stand corrected. I just took my QV out and tried it, and it turns out that the speed will only show up on the display if you are in Dynamic mode. For some reason they do not display speed in race mode.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't have my Quadrifoglio yet, but have checked the US Giulia Q manual (online). From the information on pages 62-63 it is not clear to me whether speed is available in RACE or not. However, there is the following screenshot in the manual, which shows speed in RACE mode...

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
Well that's not how it displays in our US Quad. No speedo and no words to "shift". At the top will be two yellow thick lines that that appear in each corner of the center display as you approach redline.

·
Registered
440 Posts
BTW, I love in that video the driver at about the 6:47 mark gets a bit "loose" and then you see him shake his head as if he's pissed at himself.

And the jeans and t-shirt are just awesome (and the Rolex watch).

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
Well that's not how it displays in our US Quad. No speedo and no words to "shift". At the top will be two yellow thick lines that that appear in each corner of the center display as you approach redline.
isn't it a little bit too soon for you to know that:p
but you are correct...the yellow bars actually go up the side if I remember correctly...
remember Euro versions may just be a bit different...though I LOVE the fact that we have rear fogs as they came in handy last night here

·
Registered
312 Posts
I was watching the Nürburgring record video for the QV and I noticed that the display showed the digital speedometer. My U.S. version QV only shows either a "D" when in automatic or the gear number when in manual. I am missing some setting adjustment? I like race mode but miss having the speedometer displayed. Greatly appreciated if someone has figured this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gEdJmIVqLY
I cant seem to see the driver doing downshifts

·
Registered
440 Posts
isn't it a little bit too soon for you to know that:p
Nope. Nothing in the manuals that says to adhere to certain protocols for breaking the engine in.

So I'm all in. Banging through gears close to redline in Race mode.

If something is going to go wrong I'd like to know now.

:wink2:

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Awe yeah, brum, pow, brum, pow, brum, pow. Brakes!!! pow pow pow. :D

Reactions: 407Guy
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.