Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
OK, so the only way for me to know is to try a rear tyre on the front and see if it rubs at through a turn, I can't see 10mm wider making anything rub. The rear tyres look to fit fine we're only talking 15mm further out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I'm not confident that the info on this site (https://www.wheel-size.com/size/alfa-romeo/giulia/2017/) is anywhere near accurate. For example, it does not show 225 tires even being an option for the Giulia, nor does it show the 285 size that come with the Giulia QV.

I'm curious where the ET 30 offset reference is coming from for the QV (maybe somebody has a source that's not wheel-size.com?)

Regarding the clearance between the strut and edge of the wheel, here's a pic that I took yesterday from inside the wheel well of my Ti. The distance from the strut to the rim edge is pretty wide (almost as if it was designed for a much wider wheel).

Anyway, I'll know for sure when the rims get here (sometime near the end of the month; they're coming from Italy).

From your picture, I'm going to say it will fit. With my calculations its 33mm less on the inside and 17mm further on the outside. This is if you're going with the 19x10 QV wheels in the back.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I am going to mount the wider (and larger) QV wheels on my base Giulia soon.
I'm basically going from 18' Sport wheels to 19' Tecnico, thus increasing both in diameter and width.
Do you guys think I'll need wheel alignment? If so, will I need to align the wheels every time I swap sets (I use one for the summer one for the winter)?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Do you guys think I'll need wheel alignment? If so, will I need to align the wheels every time I swap sets (I use one for the summer one for the winter)?
No and No. You only need a wheel alignment if you need a wheel alignment, which is typically if there is some sort of suspension damage or if your existing wheel alignment is out of spec for some other reason. However, most people who’ve gotten alignments and reported to the forum indicate the factory alignment was still within spec, so it’s unlikely yours is out. IIRC the only real adjustment anyways is toe, and that should only change if you lower the car significantly or if you hit a giant pothole and damage something. To be safe, you could get a wheel alignment to verify everything is in order so you don’t rapidly burn through a new set of tires. But simply swapping wheels and tires alone doesn’t really warranty an alignment. But hey, it’s your money.

In the past when I had a BMW, my high-volume dealer would automatically check the alignment of every single car that entered the service lane. That way they could recommend an alignment service if one was warranted. But I don’t think most Alfa dealers have made the necessary equipment investment in their service facilities to offer this level of customer service.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Chaps,

I have mounted the 8.5"F /10"R 19 inch QV wheels on my Veloce/Ti with the 245/35 fronts and 285/30 rears, and they look great and drive fine.
The ride also feels more compliant as the tyres are non run flat.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi Chaps,

I have mounted the 8.5"F /10"R 19 inch QV wheels on my Veloce/Ti with the 245/35 fronts and 285/30 rears, and they look great and drive fine.
The ride also feels more compliant as the tyres are non run flat.
Great to hear. Thanks. I'm planning to do the same and just received the wheels, so it is good to know that everything works. What tire did you go with?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Here's my QV rear setup on my Ti Sport Q2. I did not change the front and they are the 225/40/19s. But I will change them to 245/35/19 on my 19x8 front wheels when they wear out. For the rear I have the 19x10 wheels with 285/30/19s. View attachment 90390 View attachment 90391
Exactly what I'm going to do w/ my rears. 285 makes the car look mean. I don't know what Alfa was thinking with the 225 all around. Looks so wimpy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Exactly what I'm going to do w/ my rears. 285 makes the car look mean. I don't know what Alfa was thinking with the 225 all around. Looks so wimpy.
Hey guys, brand new on here, just bought for my wife (and me) 2019 AWD Ti Sport Q4 fully loaded every option in Vesuvio with brown interior... it's coming from back east where they only spec the square setup... so I will have the dark 5 hole 19's all around with 225 all seasons...

What I want is the Technico's or similar in a staggered setup for summer/most of the year... I've read through this whole forum and it seems everyone doing the staggered setup is only RWD...

DO you see any problem with me (having AWD) running the QV 19x8.5 245/19x10 285 setup... or should I stick with sourcing the 19x8 225/19x9 255 standard Non-QV staggered setup? I do intend to run a EuroComp stg 1 or 2 tune to get between 350-400hp..

If I did the 19x8/19x9 in theory I would only have to buy the new rear wheels, then just swap rubber each year from the fronts to a winter compound... honestly I could get by just keeping the staggered setup and a good all season tire like Conti Extreme Contact year round... need to check if they make that size.. I do that with my X5... have square 19" Blizzaks and separate 20" summers with 315s in rear ;) look great and way more control...

your thoughts appreciated.. I'm new to Alfa, have only German experience.. tried my best to read through all the posts here but couldn't find a definite answer.. tried dealerships but those parts guys never seem to know or give accurate/consistent answers..

Regards,

Ryan

I

·
Registered
2018 Giulia TI Sport Q2
273 Posts
That looks fantastic!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys, brand new on here, just bought for my wife (and me) 2019 AWD Ti Sport Q4 fully loaded every option in Vesuvio with brown interior... it's coming from back east where they only spec the square setup... so I will have the dark 5 hole 19's all around with 225 all seasons...

What I want is the Technico's or similar in a staggered setup for summer/most of the year... I've read through this whole forum and it seems everyone doing the staggered setup is only RWD...

DO you see any problem with me (having AWD) running the QV 19x8.5 245/19x10 285 setup... or should I stick with sourcing the 19x8 225/19x9 255 standard Non-QV staggered setup? I do intend to run a EuroComp stg 1 or 2 tune to get between 350-400hp..

If I did the 19x8/19x9 in theory I would only have to buy the new rear wheels, then just swap rubber each year from the fronts to a winter compound... honestly I could get by just keeping the staggered setup and a good all season tire like Conti Extreme Contact year round... need to check if they make that size.. I do that with my X5... have square 19" Blizzaks and separate 20" summers with 315s in rear ;) look great and way more control...

your thoughts appreciated.. I'm new to Alfa, have only German experience.. tried my best to read through all the posts here but couldn't find a definite answer.. tried dealerships but those parts guys never seem to know or give accurate/consistent answers..

Regards,

Ryan

I
Hi Ryan,

have you went with the19x8.5 245/19x10 285 setup ?! And if yes what’s your experience I’m thinking of the same setup for my my20 Q4

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Ryan,

have you went with the19x8.5 245/19x10 285 setup ?! And if yes what’s your experience I’m thinking of the same setup for my my20 Q4
Hi there, yes a few months ago we got it all setup. Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+ (awesome treadlife, summer traction, winter...
245/35/19 up front on the stock 5 hole dark wheels, 285/30/19 in rear on new 19x10 dark 5 hole QV wheels bought through Jason (Alfissimo!), converged To wheel studs And did different size spacers front and rear, sort of along lines of what Autofanatic did... just to flush out the tires with edge of body, and I added his custom front mud flaps to protect sides... all in all, very happy- I drive pretty aggressive and it’s rare that I can get it to break loose in very fast turns on country roads... with these tires and the Q4, this thing eats roads. I also have from Jason the JB4, pedal booster, and a Super Sprint exhaust whenever Italy feels like sending it over 🤣🤦‍♀️
Just FYI, my experience with Alfissimo was like no other- immense integrity, service and help- if you need parts/advice I can’t recommend him enough! 🙌🏽👍🙏

·
Registered
24 Posts
FYI my main concern was fitting the wide Michelin on the stock front wheel (bulge) but it turned out fine. I seem to have one factory TPM sensor that is finicky, also they don’t like my pressure setup as I run similar to QV specs- 35 front, 33 rear, which falls below what a “factory” Giulia is set at, so my warning light is always on. These tires do seem to like air at least once a week with regular driving. So I check them often.. just something fun I nerd out on...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Besides the obvious different widths, any other differences between the QV wheels and the Ti Sport Staggered 5-holes? Looking at replacing all 4 wheels and trying to decide between them (for Giulia Ti Sport).
I think the QV wheels are forged, so perhaps lighter??

·
Registered
61 Posts
Besides the obvious different widths, any other differences between the QV wheels and the Ti Sport Staggered 5-holes? Looking at replacing all 4 wheels and trying to decide between them (for Giulia Ti Sport).
From my own research, the QV 5 hole rims aren't particularly light at over 11kg per rim. I'm tempted to go aftermarket to get to around 10kg per rim, but as much as people bash on about unsprung weight I'm not sure there would be a tangible difference.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,308 Posts
The 5-holes in any size are not forged, but the Tecnico's are.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts