Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went from 19x8 (Ti OEM) rear rims to 19x10 (QV OEM) on my Ti.

Just wanted to share the results. There is zero rubbing issues, but I think the stock Ti alignment need to be adjusted for the QV rims (the shop that did the work did not have the spec for either, so they did not adjust the alignment, hoping to get that done before putting too many miles).

Pics are below (The tires are 285-30r19s):

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks nice!

The rear looks about the same as the stock fitment on the QV. Thanks for sorting this out for people.
Thanks; it's exactly the look I wanted.

Some eurocompulsion spacers are going in the front next week. I'm gonna have the dealer check and adjust the alignment too. Not sure what to do about the speedo error though (this will clock a little slower than actual speed of the car by about ~1.38%).

Here's the difference of the new setup compared to the old:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow. Thanks for sharing.

Did you order just the rears through dealership or pick them up used? I tried ordering 19x9" wheels from my dealership but they had no idea how to order them cuz none of the cars had them therefore couldn't get the part number SMH

Are you still running 19x8" with 225s? If you are how is it affacting handling? 225 front and 285 rear sound like quite a big gap for staggered setup.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow. Thanks for sharing.

Did you order just the rears through dealership or pick them up used? I tried ordering 19x9" wheels from my dealership but they had no idea how to order them cuz none of the cars had them therefore couldn't get the part number SMH

Are you still running 19x8" with 225s? If you are how is it affacting handling? 225 front and 285 rear sound like quite a big gap for staggered setup.
Yeah; it's a pretty big gap, I'm going to go up to 235s for the front using the 19x8 wheel. I haven't had a chance to really test out handing yet.

These brand new QV rims came straight from Italy (found the reseller on eBay and he was willing to sell just the rear set instead of all 4)
Here's the same seller selling a different set:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/ALFA-ROMEO-GI...-156107474-156107525-/292077123769?nav=SEARCH

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah; it's a pretty big gap, I'm going to go up to 235s for the front using the 19x8 wheel. I haven't had a chance to really test out handing yet.

These brand new QV rims came straight from Italy (found the reseller on eBay and he was willing to sell just the rear set instead of all 4)

http://m.ebay.com/itm/ALFA-ROMEO-GI...-156107474-156107525-/292077123769?nav=SEARCH
Thanks for the link.
One question though - on the seller description it says 19x8 front and 19x9 rear
I thought the QV wheels are 19x8.5 front and 19x10 rear? The description sounds more like they are optional Ti 19 wheels with staggered setup(factory option). This is all confusing me >_<

*EDIT*
Ok. Looks like he has another one for sale, which are QV specs.
Seller just seems to put "Quadrifoglio" on every listing

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thanks for the link.
One question though - on the seller description it says 19x8 front and 19x9 rear
I thought the QV wheels are 19x8.5 front and 19x10 rear? The description sounds more like they are optional Ti 19 wheels with staggered setup(factory option). This is all confusing me >_<

*EDIT*
That same seller has also listed the "Turbine" or "Lusso" pack optional 18's (all 4 positions) as having 19's in the rear....this is also not correct.

18x8 5x110 33 ET is the sizing on Turbine or Lusso 18's (For Base and Ti trim level).

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks for the link.

*EDIT*
Yeah, he puts quadrafolio on all listings, lol. I debated between 19x9 and decided on the 19x10"

The part numbers are printed on the inside but I didn't take a pick before I stall, I'll try to sneak one now from the car.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Looks very cool. I've been thinking down these lines myself. Good to see how well they fit.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
do they have country of manufacture and a part number on them anywhere
Yup, but here's what I didn't expect; both the wheels that came out of my car and the ones that went in say "THAILAND" on them. Didn't realize they were made in Thailand?

REAR: 10 X 19 ET 41 PART NUMBER 156112959

Here's a pic from the back of the old rims I removed:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yup, but here's what I didn't expect; both the wheels that came out of my car and the ones that went in say "THAILAND" on them. Didn't realize they were made in Thailand?

REAR: 10 X 19 ET 41 PART NUMBER 156112959

Here's a pic from the back of the old rims I removed:
Is it the lighting difference between the two pics? I'm sure the color is the same as Ti dark finish wheels, correct?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The colors are the same, one pic is from the outside and the other from inside the garage.
Awesome. I'm still on the fence on which versions I should order. Seems like dealer is charging $550+ per wheel so price wise this looks like the way to go.
In any case I can't wait till I ditch the crappy run flats for some Michelin Pilot Super Sports;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
On an unrelated question.... which Red is your exterior? Looks awesome on the 19" rims package.

I went from 19x8 (Ti OEM) rear rims to 19x10 (QV OEM) on my Ti.

Just wanted to share the results. There is zero rubbing issues, but I think the stock Ti alignment need to be adjusted for the QV rims (the shop that did the work did not have the spec for either, so they did not adjust the alignment, hoping to get that done before putting too many miles).

Pics are below (The tires are 285-30r19s):

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How are the 10Js doing after a few months? Any issues with rubbing/performance long term? - they look awesome!
No issues at all with the wheels. Only thing is they're buying the car back given how many times I had to visit the dealership due to stalling issues. I'm gonna order a MY18 in a couple of months.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Would someone kindly explain the difference? To my eyes it looks the same and I don't understand the tire difference with this change.
Thanks, John

1 - 20 of 34 Posts