Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
541 - 552 of 552 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Every once in awhile I see a used QV with a Lemon title come up.
But not much of a discount off of market price.
Is this common ?
Was there an issue and if so was it addressed properly ?
I'm a big fan of "Lemon cars" if fixed properly considering the discount.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Every once in awhile I see a used QV with a Lemon title come up.
But not much of a discount off of market price.
Is this common ?
Was there an issue and if so was it addressed properly ?
I'm a big fan of "Lemon cars" if fixed properly considering the discount.
Seems to be pretty common. I wouldnt hop on it, unless you planned on keeping the car for life. Otherwise selling it would be a pain

Reactions: lightguy

·
Registered
76 Posts
Seems to be pretty common. I wouldnt hop on it, unless you planned on keeping the car for life. Otherwise selling it would be a pain
When I buy cars its generally for a very long term.
But yes resale is always an upfront consideration.
The "advantage" of a lemon titled car is that one doesn't worry about mileage decreasing the value so much as the value has already been hit in the guts.
Drive it and have fun.

·
Registered
24 Posts
New to the fourms here and intend to switch from the VW/Audi group to a QV around Oct/Nov timeframe. I noticed that the prices have risen by about 10% overall in the past 3 months given relatively low inventory and overall nature of the used car market. The lowest prices are lemons and one particular for sale QV exists with two buybacks so do beware.

I test drove a 2017 and it drove exceptionally well with solid build quality. A lot of mags and reviewers rip the interior quality and plastics but I’m not all that bothered about it. The tech on that model year is rather poor but the good alternative solution is a solid smartphone. I think the 2019s will be the sweet spot around Nov so hope to pick one up for around the 50-55k mark.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Pricing on the Buyback/lemon law QV's has really increased in the last couple of years. When I was first looking for one in late 2019, buyback 2017 and 2018 QV's with the usual options were in the low to mid 40's and mileages were usually less than 5,000. Now the main seller Van Horne has them listed for mid to upper 50's with much higher mileages. That is crazy pricing for a buyback car.

Pricing all around has increased dramatically, no more $20-30K off sticker for sure and used car pricing has also jumped a lot.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Pricing on the Buyback/lemon law QV's has really increased in the last couple of years. When I was first looking for one in late 2019, buyback 2017 and 2018 QV's with the usual options were in the low to mid 40's and mileages were usually less than 5,000. Now the main seller Van Horne has them listed for mid to upper 50's with much higher mileages. That is crazy pricing for a buyback car.

Pricing all around has increased dramatically, no more $20-30K off sticker for sure and used car pricing has also jumped a lot.
You could get a clean title QV in the mid 40’s. Paid $46K for mine! Now it’s allegedly worth almost $57K. This market is nuts.

Reactions: Avnyc11 and jza80

·
Registered
24 Posts
You could get a clean title QV in the mid 40’s. Paid $46K for mine! Now it’s allegedly worth almost $57K. This market is nuts.
You certainly got a bargain there. There is nothing for 40s and most of the ones in the low 50s are stolen, buybacks or accident repairs. There are quite a few 2017/8 in mid-fifties that caught my eye and in my excitement almost picked one. Its hard to restrain myself given a lovely summer ahead and how an QV will add beatutifully to that. Nevertheless, I must wait till at least the 2022s come out and hope I can squeeze into a 2019 (rear folding seats). By then winter will be around the corner and I may not get the best use of of it anyways. I seriously considered the 2020 year model but a new nav and better quality interior is not much of a priority for me especially when the price jumps by at least 10k over an equivalent 2018.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Maybe a bargain now, but when I bought it last year virtually all 2017’s were around $43-50k and most of them had clear titles

·
Registered
421 Posts
I was really considering a 2018 buyback from the AZ dealer Bill Luke, I seem to recall it was $41K if you financed through FCA with them and the mileage was around 3,000 something. Well equipped, with basically all options except CCB. A little later, I saw two really late build 2018's with exposed carbon roofs and super low miles, clean titles etc, at Essence AR in Texas that were offered used for I think about 50K and one of them had CCB in addition for a price premium of 1K over the other car. Took awhile to move them, too. Now those cars wouldn't last a day at those prices.

The market has changed a lot since Q3/Q4 2019.

Reactions: TedO and Jcremer24

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was really considering a 2018 buyback from the AZ dealer Bill Luke, I seem to recall it was $41K if you financed through FCA with them and the mileage was around 3,000 something. Well equipped, with basically all options except CCB. A little later, I saw two really late build 2018's with exposed carbon roofs and super low miles, clean titles etc, at Essence AR in Texas that were offered used for I think about 50K and one of them had CCB in addition for a price premium of 1K over the other car. Took awhile to move them, too. Now those cars wouldn't last a day at those prices.

The market has changed a lot since Q3/Q4 2019.
I remember seeing that Giulia buyback. I walked away from that deal because the dealership was a bit shady in mentioning the reasons for buyback. The car had basically been through 2 engines, so who knows what happened to it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
bought mine this monday on carsandbids. paid 60,700 (+ a 2731 cars and bids fee).

2019 with pretty much every option. CCM, Recaro racing seats, etc. 91.6k MSRP. MMR was around 57k and KBB was 65-70k.

8800 miles on the odo.

waited almost forever to find a used 19 or 20 with CCM brakes and < 20k miles.

late 19 build too (factory warranty until 9/2023).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Amen brother. I’m back to debating my 2017 for 52k. I put down a deposit and expected to pick the car this weekend and then perhaps drive to Montana from NY in two weeks. However, the dealer has misplaced the title and needs to order it from a different state. The state needs clearance from a bank that the car is paid off. Needless to say I am now delayed at least two weeks and am flying to and from MT. Frustrating to the point where I have started to reconsider the entire transction as I won’t get to see the car till mid August. Maybe I am better of waiting tI’ll the used car market settles down.

541 - 552 of 552 Posts