Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

521 - 540 of 543 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
What? please dont ever utter that racist phrase on this forum again.
This is a car forum, and certainly not the place for that bullshit
What? That moron called me a slave and a bunch of other racist bs on the Stelvio forum and somehow I was wrong lol you both must be related

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
What kind of discounts are people getting today? I'm ok with a new 2020 as long as I can get the options I want.

Thanks
It will obviously depend heavily on local inventory but I would think 5-7K off is very doable. I think the 20K off sticker days are gone for now simply because the excess inventory is no longer there.
I bought my car out of state, ( not a QV) because they were practically giving it away, so if your willing to travel you will open up a lot more prospects..Smaller dealers with not so friendly floor plans are much more likely to deal because they need to car sold before all the profit it gone.

·
Registered
181 Posts
We need a moderator in here to ban these fools
+1 WTF?! Next time, don't engage and DM admin directly so you don't clutter a thread with the he said, she said crap.

It will obviously depend heavily on local inventory but I would think 5-7K off is very doable. I think the 20K off sticker days are gone for now simply because the excess inventory is no longer there.
I bought my car out of state, ( not a QV) because they were practically giving it away, so if your willing to travel you will open up a lot more prospects..Smaller dealers with not so friendly floor plans are much more likely to deal because they need to car sold before all the profit it gone.
I got in an accident in August 2020 and my '18 QV was totaled. I ordered a 2021 to replace her from Mike DeSalvo from Alfa of Strongsville, Ohio, and the 1st offer right out of the gate was better than 5-7K off, plus he is honoring any incentives that are available when the car arrives at the dealership. Which, I'm happy to say, happened today! Yup, the QV arrived at the port in Baltimore 2 days ago and arrived in Strongsville today. Important note: I do not get any discounts, gifts, etc. from Mike or the Strongsville dealership, I only recommend them because (a) no other dealership I spoke with could match their offer and (b) the purchase process was so ridiculously smooth and unlike any past car or motorcycle purchase.

P.S. If you're thinking, "but Ohio isn't where I'm located," neither am I! I'm originally from Northern California but currently live in Colorado. Mike includes home delivery for free via open transport, but you can pay to upgrade that to enclosed transport, which I'm doing (I once had a fully-restored 1973 Ford Bronco shipped open transport from California to Washington D.C., and it arrived covered in dirt, dead bugs, oil from the truck's lift system, etc., and I have zero interest in getting my 2021 QV in that condition).

·
Registered
120 Posts
+1 WTF?! Next time, don't engage and DM admin directly so you don't clutter a thread with the he said, she said crap.
I love how both you formulated opinions on the situation and came to the conclusion that I’m the issue here without having any context to what transpired lol

You could have just engaged the post for what it was intended, “QV Pricing”. Yet you choose to interject about something that was already discussed on multiple threads ad nauseam and throw in your two cents smh

·
Registered
111 Posts

I got in an accident in August 2020 and my '18 QV was totaled. I ordered a 2021 to replace her from Mike DeSalvo from Alfa of Strongsville, Ohio, and the 1st offer right out of the gate was better than 5-7K off, plus he is honoring any incentives that are available when the car arrives at the dealership. Which, I'm happy to say, happened today! Yup, the QV arrived at the port in Baltimore 2 days ago and arrived in Strongsville today. Important note: I do not get any discounts, gifts, etc. from Mike or the Strongsville dealership, I only recommend them because (a) no other dealership I spoke with could match their offer and (b) the purchase process was so ridiculously smooth and unlike any past car or motorcycle purchase.

P.S. If you're thinking, "but Ohio isn't where I'm located," neither am I! I'm originally from Northern California but currently live in Colorado. Mike includes home delivery for free via open transport, but you can pay to upgrade that to enclosed transport, which I'm doing (I once had a fully-restored 1973 Ford Bronco shipped open transport from California to Washington D.C., and it arrived covered in dirt, dead bugs, oil from the truck's lift system, etc., and I have zero interest in getting my 2021 QV in that condition).
Thanks for the info above. I think I need to give Mike a call.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks for the info above. I think I need to give Mike a call.
You're welcome, Fskof, and definitely give Mike a call. To be clear, I didn't "discover" Mike or the Strongsville dealership. Rather, when I was thinking about ordering a '21 QV and was asking questions in this forum, several forum members were like, "dude, you need to talk to Mike."

Funny enough, when I told another recommended dealer that I had received a better offer, the dealer responded with a question: "Was the offer from a dealer in Ohio?" Seems the top dealers know who their competition is. Good luck!

Reactions: Crosshairs

·
Registered
14 Posts

Is your new QV red by chance? I was driving by Strongsville Alfa Romeo yesterday and saw two beautiful QVs had just arrived! Still had the seat covers on, "do not open" tape on the doors, protective padding on the Scudetto grill! Bellisima!

·
Registered
21 Posts
+100 on Mike. I got more than 10% off without negotiating at all. I went to a local dealer for a test drive on a MY2020 (which treated me not so kindly). When I said I would be open to cancelling the order from Strongsville and losing my deposit if they could match, they said they couldn't match it at all and "would be losing $6k+ on such an order". You basically won't have to deal with any underhanded tactics from Mike

·
Registered
181 Posts
Is your new QV red by chance? I was driving by Strongsville Alfa Romeo yesterday and saw two beautiful QVs had just arrived! Still had the seat covers on, "do not open" tape on the doors, protective padding on the Scudetto grill! Bellisima!
Yes, tri-coat red with exterior CF package and exposed CF roof!

Reactions: Glenn

·
Vendor
121 Posts
Well I have to say this might be my favorite thread! Thank you to everyone for the kind words! We currently have two in stock 2021 Giulia QV models. Feel free to call or PM for more information... don’t want to over advertise on the thread.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Photo(s) please... I'm considering this as well.
Sorry, I'm in Colorado and my QV is at the dealership in Ohio. But pics in this thread:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sorry, I'm in Colorado and my QV is at the dealership in Ohio. But pics in this thread:

Also, Alfa of Strongsville has a tri-coat red available with CF roof and exterior package. They just got it in a few days ago.

Reactions: AlfaOhio

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am close to pulling a trigger on a QV that is on order by my local dealer. They are willing to waive their BS dealer fee of $600 but will not negotiate off of sticker price. 2 other dealers I visited told me also that they will not sell a QV for under sticker price.

Has anyone had any luck in getting a QV for under sticker price and if so, was it a QV on the lot or one you ordered?

Thanks for the feedback!
I bought mine off the lot in May of 2019. 2018 MY built in September 2017. Sticker was $79,395, I paid $66,816 plus tax/title/doc fees, for $71,107.60 out the door. Dealer had it on their website for $67,840; I paid $66,816 with the FCA "CDI" discount you can get if you happen to know an employee of FCA (now Stellantis). Dealer was Zeigler Auto in Grandville MI.

There are a couple new QVs on autotrader, one 2021 Rosso Comp in Birmingham MI for 10K off sticker (76K/86K sticker) and a white one 2020 Tricoat white in Portland OR for selling for 70.5K vs.sticker of 82.5K.

·
Registered
46 Posts
How much depreciation should one take into account when comparing two similarly spec'd vehicles, however 2020 vs 2021.

How much more should one expect the dealer to discount a new 2020 vs new 2021?

Example

Dealer A has a 2021 with an msrp of 90k, and are willing to sell it for 76k with all discounts taken into account.

Dealer B has a 2020 with the same msrp. How much less should one expect this dealer to further discount to take the extra year of depreciation into account?

·
Registered
15 Posts
How much depreciation should one take into account when comparing two similarly spec'd vehicles, however 2020 vs 2021.

How much more should one expect the dealer to discount a new 2020 vs new 2021?

Example

Dealer A has a 2021 with an msrp of 90k, and are willing to sell it for 76k with all discounts taken into account.

Dealer B has a 2020 with the same msrp. How much less should one expect this dealer to further discount to take the extra year of depreciation into account?
How much additional discount there would be on the 2020 will greatly depend on how much "trunk money" he is getting from FCA to move left over stock. If there is no $$$ help from FCA then its all on the dealer and that of course means less room for him to give a larger discount. From what I read on this board that is how some got rather large discounts on the leftover 2019's. FCA was giving large incentives to dealers back then to move the leftover 2019's.

521 - 540 of 543 Posts