Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

401 - 414 of 414 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you drove the QV in 19F and it has the stock Pirelli tires, I can 100% guarantee that the rubber on the tread is now cracked. Those tires are not safe to drive at that temperature, super dangerous.

·
Registered
169 Posts
When I was at the dealer where I bought my old 2018 from, the car I test drove was a 2019 and the salesman took me to their "burnout spot" which was covered in tire marks, put it in Race mode and told me to floor it. This was right after I had told him I would not want to drive aggressively in a brand new car, particularly since I was interested in a different car (the 2018 was in the showroom at the time). It was obvious that they thrashed their inventory, the 2018 had over 100 miles on it and I'm sure some of those were at full throttle. The experience was a put off, but I still bought the 2018 as the deal was so great and it seemed such a great performing car regardless of the heavy handed life it had led before I bought it.

At the same dealer, the tech who swapped out the taller 2018 springs with 2017/2019 springs took the car out in "N" mode and returned it in "D" mode. Somehow it was necessary as part of the after repair test drive to race the car. I think that some dealers/staff have little consideration for customer's cars, or their inventory. The 2019 I have now had only 34 miles on the odo when I took possession, and I was happy about that, less chance for abuse.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Similiar issue w me. The dealer i bought mine from let me drive by myself (which i fully utilized all the modes :)) but on my other 2 test drives at another dealership I was accompanied w the saleman and I had to keep it it N mode. When i got back from the solo test drive they offered me a super good deal on that vehicle. The saleman then informed me that the car had the whole pass side repainted due to a test drive accident.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The difference in dealers is really amazing, you have dealers that let you do burnouts and even destroy tires by exposing them to 19 degree temps during a test drive (the person who buys that car hopefully inspects things carefully), then there are far more conservative dealers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I knew 19 deg wouldn't be good for the tires so I asked before heading down and they said it was fine (hey they ain't gonna risk losing a sale). My test drive car had 50 mi, went easy on it.
FYI: I had test drove other vehicles and the sales people said "floor it".

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just checking in again to see if any new members have scored a 2019 model. I am seeing 5k off MSRP currently being advertised for many 2019s.... nowhere near the 20k+ off MSRP we saw 4-5 months ago on 2018s.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I think that you will have to reach out to the dealers directly to get a bigger discount. Few dealers will advertise big discounts for 2019's I think, the situation is not the same as it was with the 2018's. But they may agree to a bigger discount after direct negotiation.

·
Registered
284 Posts
If you’re just going by the advertised price on the websites with the discounts mentioned, you’re short changing it. pretty much every dealers real price is far lower than what’s on the website. Just need to play the game.

I don’t have any data to back it up, but I’d guess that warmer weather and the recent announcements seemingly boosting the brand are not helping the guy trying to score a great deal.

·
Registered
169 Posts
^ yep. prices always increase in the springtime.

The giant 2018 discounts were able to happen due to massive cash to the dealer to move the inventory...my current dealer told me that FCA was providing $26K to the dealer to move out remaining 2018 QV inventory. Hence the $20K+ discounts.

·
Registered
284 Posts
It’s always amazing to me how many people just pay the price on the car, even if it’s marked down, and don’t negotiate at all. There’s a small percentage of people that just don’t care because they’re in a unique financial position but for everyone else it’s really something that should be done.

·
Registered
17 Posts
@jza80 @mikoz

I was simply referring to current advertised pricing on MY2019 cars. As I mentioned, we were seeing 20k+ off MSRP advertised 4-5 months ago for MY2018 cars. Different times and different situation... I know.

I am aware that a much better price can be had with a direct negotiation, lol. :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
The crazy low advertised prices were possible because FCA was putting $26,000 on the hood for unsold 2018 QV inventory. So most dealers made out quite well despite crying about having to discount down...$20,000...

FCA is probably offering some dealer cash for the 2019's but like before it is a closely guarded secret.

·
Registered
456 Posts
There aren’t as many MY19s as there were 18s. Also, I’d still expect prices to plummet a bit as we approach Memorial Day.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The crazy low advertised prices were possible because FCA was putting $26,000 on the hood for unsold 2018 QV inventory. So most dealers made out quite well despite crying about having to discount down...$20,000...

FCA is probably offering some dealer cash for the 2019's but like before it is a closely guarded secret.
BTW looking at the actual dealer data, there were 11 QVs in the entire country that had those levels of discounts. So let's not go setting unrealistic expectations. ;)

401 - 414 of 414 Posts