Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On our roofs, there are two "moldings" that go from the front to the back of the roof, one on the driver side and the other on the passenger side.

The molding on my passenger side doesn't lay completely flat in the middle. There is about a six inch section that perhaps isn't glued to the car (assuming they use glue).

To fix this, I would need a new molding piece and it would have to be painted to match.

Would you fix this or just ignore it, as nobody else would probably notice it?

Steve

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Can you attempt to reglue the non glued segment ....?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I am not a Q owner yet, as mine is getting built in Italy as we speak....... but

there is no guarantee that more will not come unglued.
Why not have the dealer take care of it? It should be covered under warranty......

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dealer would address it if I'm OK with getting new molding and having it color matched.

I'm a bit afraid to try and glue it down myself while making sure it's properly aligned.

The hesitation is my own, as I don't know if I want any color matching done on my QV. Perhaps I'm treating it "too much" like an exotic?

Steve

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've decided to get the piece replaced, especially after learning it has been put on with double sided sticky tape.

According to Clear Detail in Richmond, VA, that molding piece should clip into place. He went to take mine off and re-clip it but stopped when he found double sided sticky tape underneath.

I don't know if Alfa Romeo let the car leave their assembly plant that way or if the dealer I purchased it from did it before I took possession.

Either way, that's unacceptable so I have asked my local dealer to replace it.

Thanks for the opinions everyone.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts