Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got this about 3 weeks after I took delivery of the a QV. Not sure if anything has been posted in the past so I apologize in advance.

Now for the unboxing:

A leather passport holder! Well, at least it's decent quality leather; something to hold my car registration and insurance I suppose :D

Reactions: gjain76

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
It is a very nice gesture. The leather covered box is impressive. Surely to be a collector item.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Nice gesture

Yes...received mine last week...very nice....
just for accuracy sake boys...not really a "QV".....it's a Quadrifoglio or Quad for short....

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Nice! I recived the same gift after I bought my 4C Launch Edition. Wasn't expecting it. What a nice surprise. I later recieved more gifts, one at a time. Perhaps this is just the first gift of several.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I know-- but QV sounds more mysterious than quad, and the whole word is just too long to fit. and historically and in other parts of the world, QV is ok, so I went with it.!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Outside the US, it is often Quadrifoglio Verde.
Alfa probably thinks that we in the US "can't handle the truth".
LOL. I'm sort of surprised it's not reduced to 'Quad'. We reduced everything to a single syllable.
Thomas becomes Tom.
Lawrence becomes Lars.
William becomes Bill.
Richard becomes Dick.
Guinevere becomes Gwen.
Quadrifoglio Verde becomes Quad.

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
LOL. I'm sort of surprised it's not reduced to 'Quad'. We reduced everything to a single syllable.
Thomas becomes Tom.
Lawrence becomes Lars.
William becomes Bill.
Richard becomes Dick.
Guinevere becomes Gwen.
Quadrifoglio Verde becomes Quad.
I just call mine a Quad....as far as the "correctness"....does it really matter??...some jokers call it a "Quattroformaggio"....but when they do...they have to scream really really loud as I am so far ahead of them...its kinda sad>:)

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
You got me there!! Enjoy, in truth you did "ante up", you deserve it!
Frankly the packaging is more impressive than the wallet....style over substance:grin2:...thank God the car is not like that...
the BEST perk I ever got from buying a car was back in the day when I bought my E39 M5 in 2000....you got a COMPLIMENTARY 2 Day M-School in South Carolina:surprise:...you had to pay for airfare & hotel IIRC but they fed you breakfast & lunch and you got to drive the E39 M5 around the track in Spartanburg....now THAT was cool!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Agreed. The ti folks need a bit more love
But the sad truth is, unless you are a car person, like all of us on here, the average Joe just assumes all Giulia's are the same. The tv ads they've been hit with since the Super Bowl ad blitz, don't explain the car is a special Quad version, it's just "Giulia". And a Ti with the 19" sports package doesn't look that much different from a Quad to someone who doesn't know to look for the air vents, quad exhaust, spoiler and clover leaf. We all know the difference, in looks and definitely in power. But I have been asked numerous times if my Ti is "one of those 500hp cars from the ads" Of course, I've also been asked a number of times who makes the car and when I saw Alfa Romeo, they say who makes those.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.