Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
"Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Verde" quite a mouth full isn't it ...
But its funny that an Alfa Romeo dealer posts a video on YouTube with the following introduction:

Wow !!!
Lets count the number of mistakes, shall we ...
A bit more sad than funny actually.

Link to the video:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
@jamgolf...a minute 38 that I will never get back!..that guy was painful!
Oh I'm so sorry :)
Video actually did not play for me.
It got stuck at the Quartrofoolishnes and thats how I noticed Guilia Quartro folgio .

On the upside if 2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio order takes too long, may be I can compromise and get a Guilia Quartrofolgio.
Most people will not notice and insurance might be cheaper :)

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Oh I'm so sorry :)
Video actually did not play for me.
It got stuck at the Quartrofoolishnes and thats how I noticed Guilia Quartro folgio .

On the upside if 2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio order takes too long, may be I can compromise and get a Guilia Quartrofolgio.
Most people will not notice and insurance might be cheaper :)
on a serious note...this is exactly why Alfa needs to take a hard look at their dealerships....I would be shocked if this were a dedicated Alfa/Maserati dealership and they had someone this ill-informed selling their cars...
frankly that is a pet-peeve of mine, when I go to a dealer of any marque for that matter and the sales rep look like they are fumbling for answers or give misinformation.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
It looks bad for AR but this is more common that one might think....I was in spring also considering S5 sportback, I knew that car would not launch in US for couple more months but the Audi sales guy did not even know what S5 sportback is let alone give me any false information

For an enthusiast brand like AR you can almost expect that typical buyer will know more about cars than the sales guy....so my dealer in Tysons Corner was primarily Fiat but lack of knowledge was appaling

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
MDriver:
Yes, thats exactly my point. Its very exciting that Alfa Romeo is trying to make a come back in the US but very sad that their dealer network is just not up to par. In the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex we have 3 dealers. Two of them are basically Fiat and now have Alfa as well and the customer experience is very much Fiat. Only one dealer is a Maserati/Alfa dealer. I selected that dealer to put in my order. They are far more informed and behave in a way most BMW/Porsche/Audi/Merc buyers are accustomed to. DFW is now one of the top 5 metropolitain areas in the United States. If Alfa has such a weak showing here, then its probably far weaker in other areas and cities.

Lowflyer:
I agree that most enthisiasts know far more about cars than some of the sales people. But in comparison to Alfa BMW/Merc/Audi have way too many models. I mean who can keep track of all the 3 series models let alone the entire fleet. But Alfa Romeo currently has only 3 vehicles to sell. 4C, Giulia and Stelvio. And Giulia Quadrifoglio is their flagship. If a dealer does not know what the name of the flagship car is, then I believe Alfa Romeo's come back is going to face some serious challenges.

Alfa and its dealerships in the US have a lot of work to even come close to the competition.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I hear you jamgolf....i think Alfa faced quite a challenge with dealer network since there are many more Fiat than Maseratti/Ferrari dealerships....one of the largest obstacles for any car company that wants to launch a brand in US is dealership network and associated mafia....how many european brands were doomed simply because they could not establish sufficient dealer network in US, Peugeot comes to mind.....it looks to me that Alfa took calculated move and gave brand rights to Fiat dealerships because it wants to compete with omnipresent Germans...there just arent enough Ferrari/Maseratti dealersips around....with time I am sure we will see more dedicated AR dealerships with much better trained people and better services

·
Registered
69 Posts
Part of the reason I chose an Alfa was the snobbery of the German dealers. Can't stand them. Enjoyed my converted Fiat dealer experience at least there I didn't get the snobby attitude along with less than complete info. I got a 'we should know that and we don't do I will find out for you....". I got a follow up call a couple hours later with my answer.

I will take polite and genuine any day...

Reactions: lowlight

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In my experience Fiat dealership does not equate "polite and genuine". Instead its like dealing with slimy tactics, posting one price on the website to lure you in only to then ask for thousands above MSRP. Playing used car salesman like games. On the other hand the Maserati/Alfa dealership experience has been welcoming and low pressure. You want a test drive - here are the keys - go have fun. You would like to order one $X below MSRP - well we cant do it for $X, how about $Y below MSRP - done deal.

Most people paying this type of money would like to be treated respectfully and not always get the feeling that the dealer is misrepresenting facts, making stuff up and trying to trick you. That is not going to work well for Alfa Romeo.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Part of the reason I chose an Alfa was the snobbery of the German dealers. Can't stand them. Enjoyed my converted Fiat dealer experience at least there I didn't get the snobby attitude along with less than complete info. I got a 'we should know that and we don't do I will find out for you....". I got a follow up call a couple hours later with my answer.

I will take polite and genuine any day...
Fact is dealerships of any type are a function of the management & culture of that particular dealership, what they sell has nothing do with OR should it for that matter in offering a professional & courteous experience...I personally have experienced polar opposite experiences from BMW & Merc dealers..so type of brand should not be a factor....
I purchased my Quad from a dedicated FIAT/ALFA dealer..the sales experience was great, my rep was informed and straightforward. Mine was a launch edition car, so very little info was available. HOWEVER, when I had a serious issue with the car shortly after, their service dept. was woefully lacking in ability and communication!..they were always pleasant but also clueless...
it was suggested to me to bring my car to a Maserati/Alfa/Ferrari dealer for service...car was fixed in ONE DAY!...never had an issue since...service there was exceptional on all fronts...and NO there was no fancy coffee station or breakfast treats! LOL....just experienced/trained techs with great SA's.
been there a couple of times since same great service....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.