Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

41 - 56 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
307 Posts
Wanna look at the delete log again ?
Said his car was ugly and a lowered SUV is dumb -- which had nothing to do with the character or integrity of its owner.
Just because his insecurities couldn't handle a negative opinion about SUVs, doesn't mean I intended to hurt his feelers.

Although, despite that, I absolutely appreciate his "my car is faster than yours" response to a comment about ugliness -- despite his SUV not being faster than anything I own :D
If you don't own one (a Giulia or Stelvio) and all you want to do is rag on a car that a good majority of this forum likes, then why are you here? I fail to see the logic.

Reactions: dwroman55

·
Registered
499 Posts
Part of emotional intelligence and maturity is recognizing and being aware of your audience.
This forum attracts more than just Giulia enthusiasts, but also Alfa, Stelvio and performance vehicle enthusiasts.
A forum about hockey also tends to have fans of other sports... it does not mean that the forum or its opinions are catering to those other entities.
With that, this isn't the "AlfaForums", it's the "GiuliaForums". While not solely used by Giulia owners, the URL tends to indicate it's focused on a very specific platform. ;)

Would you walk into your family reunion and say that all the brunettes in your family were ugly and bloated and expect not to be called out on it.
Bad analogy since you're trashing on people vs. trashing on an object. You see the difference, right?

You insulted my vehicle (which I take deep pride and joy in) as well as the accomplishments of people I admire in what they have been able to do with these cars...
And? I'm not making judgement calls on who you are or what you're about because I don't like your vehicle. You think Pontiac Aztek owners are out calling everyone beta males for virtually everyone disliking their vehicles?

I debadged the rear of my Stelvio and was called out for putting a Cross on the back (representing my Faith).
The insults slid off as easily as rain off the front of my carefully waxed and polished stelvio hood...
Congrats and that's the appropriate response. I can understand for those who base their identity on what vehicle you own/drive get offended when some random doesn't like their car, but you're more than your vehicle(s).

You obviously thrive off of controversy and drama which are most definitely beta tendencies. Offer a baseline level of respect to anybody you interact with and all is well. Otherwise, I’m with all the smoke lol online, IRL whatever you want champ!
Weird that you're bringing up respect as you were so eager to judge others, without knowing anything about them.

Let's get back to the car talk, wanna share those timeslips and laptimes of your SUV, since you were so confident it'll gap my car(s)?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Where's @Call me Al when you need him....
Oh crap you called me out. Oh well I’m tired of being humble it doesn’t pay off with trolls anyway🥲
But I won’t comment until Driven shows everyone a tracking video showing what his lap time was at ORP🤔
I wonder if he is still all butt hurt that my 4C (and every other car I have driven there was so much faster than when he drove his his Noble there. That laptime is missing from his résumé LOL 😂

That being said my Stevio QV modded is a hot hatch/shooting brake monster that has slain everything thrown at it so far. And there has been some amazing machinery bested so far.
But it hasn’t fully been tested yet with super hyper cars and great drivers. But that’s all coming to a head Tuesday, June 15 at Atlanta Motorsports Park.

Monday I start the GoldRush Rally again starting off at the Biltmore hotel in North Carolina. My car is already there and here is my car butler. And I know my car is safe and in a real drivers hands. Just check out the last name of the caretaker. Yeah that’s right same last name as mine so I know he’s a bad ass driver😃😂
Now if his last name was Urquhart I would be shitting bricks and worried about his truly horrible apexes while parking the car in the garage and stuff. Thank God I don’t have that kind of Drivener!😂😂😂
but I digress

Super pumped to do the GoldRush Rally again.
This year the cycle is complete. After this year I will have driven every one of the modern Alfas top model in the rally.
2017 Alfa 4C Spider modded
2020 Alfa Giuila QV modded
And this year 2021 Alfa Romeo Stelvio QV modded.
That’s what I call representin’😃
And both prior times people were blown away how fast my cars were and this year will even be more so.
Because this year the Italian soccer mom SUV will be taking on McLarens Lamborghinis Ferraris Porsche Audis all kinds of super expensive hardware at a tracking event at Atlanta motorsports Park.
It’s going to be epic even biblical. They’re having a public event that day if you’re available come out to the track and see all the amazing cars and watch and say hello to me😃

So don’t underestimate the Alfa “hot hatch”.
You don’t believe me? Well watch these tracking videos and see the Stelvio SUV destroy cars at the highest driving group at both the Porsche day event at PIR and then the very next day at Pacific Raceways Audi track day. And this was my first time at both of these tracks ever. Just imagine if I had a whole day to get used to the track before this! Bahahaha
PIR:
Alfa Romeo Stelvio QV @PIR 1:26 fastest laps
Alfa Romeo Stelvio [email protected] 1:26 fast laptime with 600 hp BMW M2Comp modded

Pacific Raceways:
Alfa Romeo Stelvio QV with Audi R8s @ Pacific Raceway 1:34 laps
Alfa Romeo Stelvio [email protected] Raceway 1:33 laps with lots of cars

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,731 Posts
Many people are ultra confused by the 4 leaf clover on an Italian car. If they aren't a jerk about it I take the time to explain it.
The Abarth scorpion badge also proves challenging to some, and I can't see replacing one with clover.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
While I'd rather have a Giulia than a Stelvio, I'm glad my wife (who is not a car enthusiast) has a Stelvio (Lusso with a gorgeous crema interior).
Our kids grew up driving SUVs (our son took his road test in a Ford Flex) and, sadly, don't feel as comfortable driving cars. I've grown used to
pickups and SUVs blocking my view.

Reactions: dwroman55

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
777 Posts
I wonder if he is still all butt hurt that my 4C (and every other car I have driven there was so much faster than when he drove his his Noble there. That laptime is missing from his résumé LOL 😂
I can hear Driven already: "Yeah, but it's still ugly and a lowered SUV is dumb". Maybe, but it's worse getting your noble beat by that ugly dumb SUV.... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
764 Posts
While I'd rather have a Giulia than a Stelvio, I'm glad my wife (who is not a car enthusiast) has a Stelvio (Lusso with a gorgeous crema interior).
Our kids grew up driving SUVs (our son took his road test in a Ford Flex) and, sadly, don't feel as comfortable driving cars. I've grown used to
pickups and SUVs blocking my view.
But you can’t do burnouts in Stelvio 🥲

·
Registered
6,731 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
I can hear Driven already: "Yeah, but it's still ugly and a lowered SUV is dumb". Maybe, but it's worse getting your noble beat by that ugly dumb SUV.... :ROFLMAO:
Exactly! Laptimes are clear beauty are the only things that matter, everything else is just talk.
And I don’t know why he’s so upset because for some people being called a Beta male is actually a complement as he certainly could be called a Zeta male. That’s the lowest member of the group that is thrown out by the Alpha and the Betas onto a new threat to see how strong they are. They are basically throwaways.
So I’ll just drive my “dumb” “ugly” Stelvio SUV out in the real gearhead world and away from the mama’s basement keyboard trolls and enjoy myself😃
Funny every place else I post it like like Apex Automotor everyone seems to really like it. I love this guy’s post there “And just like that I stopped caring about the x3m😂”

41 - 56 of 55 Posts