Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I missed it! @Driven had some more beta male shit to say?! Should have kept it up lol
dont sweat it. The Stelvio looks good. I’m not an suv guy since I always owned trucks so it just seemed pointless for me to own car. Truck and suv but I think if I had to buy one it would be in black. Not a fan of the red or blues. Black looks sleek.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm definitely not a SUV guy, but if forced the Stelvio would be my choice. The Maserati SUV doesn't cut it. Nice but not nice enough.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,773 Posts
The Stelvio is a fine piece of machinery. I had one as a loaner and after I got over the "it's a bloated SUV" feelings mindset and drove it more like a car, it was completely enjoyable. I've come off of a long string of minivans and SUVs and wanted out so bad, but I'd def consider one once my Santa Fe is dead.

Reactions: dwroman55

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
541 Posts
The Stelvio is a fine piece of machinery. I had one as a loaner and after I got over the "it's a bloated SUV" feelings and drove it more like a car, it was completely enjoyable. I've come off of a long string of minivans and SUVs and wanted out so bad, but I'd def consider one once my Santa Fe is dead.
Anything is an improvement over a Santa Fe...

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,773 Posts
Anything is an improvement over a Santa Fe...
Ha, I love the v6 engine in it, it scoots, but the car reviews were pretty spot on. "Industrial strength understeer" is no joke. LOL

Reactions: Drew

·
Registered
499 Posts
Were post deleted?
Just not all the right ones.

Apparently @JeFizz thinks people sharing their opinions about cars is bad -- despite being guilty of it himself.
But posters lobbing personal insults is fine (beta male, lol), because they have the emotional intelligence of a toddler, is ok.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,773 Posts

Apparently @JeFizz thinks people sharing their opinions about cars is bad -- despite being guilty of it himself.
But posters lobbing personal insults is fine (beta male, lol), because they have the emotional intelligence of a toddler, is ok.
You were the one to lob insults first, the others were in retaliation. I will continue to remove posts that I consider over the top. Like it or not, I'm pretty much the only mod and get pretty fed up with having to baby sit some of you adults on here. This is above and beyond the other mod duties. Some of you are very tiring to say the least.

·
Registered
499 Posts
You were the one to lob insults first, the others were in retaliation. I will continue to remove posts that I consider over the top. Like it or not, I'm pretty much the only mod and get pretty fed up with having to baby sit some of you adults on here. This is above and beyond the other mod duties. Some of you are very tiring to say the least.
Wanna look at the delete log again ?
Said his car was ugly and a lowered SUV is dumb -- which had nothing to do with the character or integrity of its owner.
Just because his insecurities couldn't handle a negative opinion about SUVs, doesn't mean I intended to hurt his feelers.

Although, despite that, I absolutely appreciate his "my car is faster than yours" response to a comment about ugliness -- despite his SUV not being faster than anything I own :D

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,773 Posts
Wanna look at the delete log again ?
Said his car was ugly and a lowered SUV is dumb -- which had nothing to do with the character or integrity of its owner.
Just because his insecurities couldn't handle a negative opinion about SUVs, doesn't mean I intended to hurt his feelers.

Although, despite that, I absolutely appreciate his "my car is faster than yours" response to a comment about ugliness -- despite his SUV not being faster than anything I own :D
sigh

Reactions: Call me Al

·
Registered
90 Posts

Part of emotional intelligence and maturity is recognizing and being aware of your audience.
This forum attracts more than just Giulia enthusiasts, but also Alfa, Stelvio and performance vehicle enthusiasts.
I have owned and driven Alfa's since around 1998.
I along with other Stelvio owners frequent this forum for information, education, and comradarie in the Alfa Romeo enthusiast family.
The Stelvio forum is a little slower and with the two models sharing so much mechanically, I post and read here as much or more than on the Stelvio forum.
Would you walk into your family reunion and say that all the brunettes in your family were ugly and bloated and expect not to be called out on it.
Would you say, well, that's my opinion?
You insulted my vehicle (which I take deep pride and joy in) as well as the accomplishments of people I admire in what they have been able to do with these cars...
And then after you have been admonished, you return, not with an apologetic tone, but with defiance and feigned injury. For the sake of civility and brotherhood (and sisterhood), please stop.

Back on topic. The quadrifoglio logo has been in use for many years on many different models and the badge shaming and defense of putting the badge on various Alfa (and other) models has gone on for years.
My thought, it you like it, it's your vehicle.
Do as you wish.

I debadged the rear of my Stelvio and was called out for putting a Cross on the back (representing my Faith).
The insults slid off as easily as rain off the front of my carefully waxed and polished stelvio hood...

Live, laugh, love..
And drive a car you enjoy....
Mine happens to be a beautiful Alfa Romeo Stelvio.

·
Registered
120 Posts
@Driven if I called your wife or daughter “ugly dumb sloppy built broad” and then just said “thats just my opinion and not meant to offend you at all”… you buying it??

You obviously thrive off of controversy and drama which are most definitely beta tendencies. Offer a baseline level of respect to anybody you interact with and all is well. Otherwise, I’m with all the smoke lol online, IRL whatever you want champ!

21 - 40 of 55 Posts