Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
I noticed in the video that the car did a burnout on gravel. At first I wondered if they had solved the slow launch that I have been complaining about, but I can't be sure about that because the car they were showcasing has a manual transmission. This was evident by the shot showing the steering wheel, which clearly does not have any paddles. So there is no certainty that a similar burnout could be achieved with the automatic transmission. I suspect that it would not be possible with the automatic.

If anyone contacts the company, then find out if a similar launch (burnout) is possible with an automatic transmission. I sure wish I could have purchased my QV with a manual transmission. Everyone else seems to love the automatic, but I'm not one of them.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
LOL, that is human nature, it never enough......

Reactions: inikkor and 407Guy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looking for more info/feedback on the ECU.

I like how its plug n play, easily removable. Makes it less likely to cause warranty issues.

If it adds a few hundred more RPMS before ignition cut that would be sweet also, but I doubt it w/ a plug n play chip.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
I tried entering my information into their website and it won't accept it!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I got contacted and they said you need a pair of them for the QV for $900. Maybe we should do a group purchase :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Id like to find out what exactly these boxes are doing to gain HP. I bet they are prob just fooling the boost read so the car boosts a few pounds more.
Shame we need 2 for the Quadri

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
They just plug in to the harness between sensors. Probably simply capturing sensor data and passing along data to overboost a bit. Pretty simple but effective I suppose and super easy to reverse...

·
Registered
17 Posts
The car's ECU records all things, including what was plugged in, what was removed etc. Pretty much all cars past 2014 have that ability.

Dealers can see all of this so it sort fo comes down to your dealer as to whether they let something slide. If your engine fails because of this thing, odds are.. they won't let it slide.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I admit I don’t know all the particulars about the workings of a chip box but whereas something like an OBD dongle interfaces with the car’s systems via a dedicated port with some sort of handshake that can be logged a chip box plugs mid stream into the harness as if it doesn’t even exist. It simply captures data, alters it is some way that results in more power, and passes that data off to the car’s ECM as if it’s not there because there isn't anything that is supposed to interface inline in the harness. The only thing you’ll likely be exposed for is the engine modestly over-boosting for unknown reasons if the dealer really digs down.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The ZF automatic logs all torque that is transmitted and that is much higher than usual when tuned

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
440 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I’ll put my stock QV against a tune QV on a track to see if the tune really helps ( and it is worth buying)
Any takers?0:)

·
Registered
554 Posts
If anyone is interested in the Chipbox, the info for their US distributor is below. The QV requires 2 units for a total of $900. It's a pretty simple plug and play, based on the instructions. I'm still thinking about it, but Bob has been great about promptly answering my emails.

Bob Zecca

[email protected]

www.teamdi.com

1 - 20 of 49 Posts