Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
@SlowSmkr Yeah. I had that beautiful interior too, and with the 23 ended up with the all black interior (only non carbon fiber option) which is fine but nowhere near as cool.

@graymatters I can’t imagine there’s much difference between a 2022 and 2023 engine so my guess is that my car is as susceptible to the code as my last one was.

· Registered
2022 Giulia QV
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Update on my car's status. They replaced the sensor and wiring today which made the error code appear more often apparently. They are now saying that the sensor is going off because the PCV valve has buildup on it and needs to be replaced. Sounds like the same set of steps a few of you have gone through that still did not solve the issue, so time will tell I guess.

· Registered
2022 Giulia QV
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Nope, the part was delayed so I'm still in the rental. Going on four weeks now...out $1k so far until I can get reimbursed. The car is truly epic when right, but I'm losing patience with the lack of dealer support and how this situation has been handled.

Hope your MY23 continues to go strong!

· Registered
121 Posts
Nope, the part was delayed so I'm still in the rental. Going on four weeks now...out $1k so far until I can get reimbursed. The car is truly epic when right, but I'm losing patience with the lack of dealer support and how this situation has been handled.

Hope your MY23 continues to go strong!
Interesting how things differ between dealerships. My P2C33/34 went off for the 2nd time on Dec 27th. It was about 2 weeks after they cleared the first one. I called them, drove it over for them to take a quick look. They said they would start down the algorithm, so they ordered the new PCV and called me on January 12th to say the part was in. They also cleared the code on Dec 27th and still off. Seems to last a few weeks when they completely erase them. It's my daily so it's been in the same weather and situations, multiple times, as when it went off the first time. Hope they figure it out. Scheduled the replacement for Jan 24.

· Registered
2022 Giulia QV
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Yes, it is very interesting to see the different responses between dealerships, and it is not really something I considered before purchasing this car. Since the next closest dealerships are +3 hours away though, I don't have much of a choice other than to stick with this local one. I agree that the CEL does seem to stay away for a longer period if they fully clear it, but it only lasted a week for me before coming back.

· Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,713 Posts
Yes, it is very interesting to see the different responses between dealerships, and it is not really something I considered before purchasing this car. Since the next closest dealerships are +3 hours away though, I don't have much of a choice other than to stick with this local one. I agree that the CEL does seem to stay away for a longer period if they fully clear it, but it only lasted a week for me before coming back.
It's very unfortunate but that's the reality that dealerships have a huge impact.

This cel won't fully go away until they replace the hardware :(

· Registered
30 Posts
Mine cleared itself this morning. Was great to be back in D/R. Had great hopes, naively. Four miles later, back on. Can’t wait for the service appointment next week, but I’m not anticipating a quick fix.

Kuffs, since no loaners and rentals are so steep, could always ask about getting yours back to drive around until they get the parts and/or a loaner is available. It doesn’t seem like you’d be doing any real harm IMO.

· Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,713 Posts
My timeline was I took it in for the dealer to diagnose and took it home same day. They ordered the parts and a week later I took it in to get fixed and took it home same day. During that week, I just drove it around stuck in N

Worst week of my life lol. Jk

• Haha
Reactions: Kuffs

· Registered
2022 Giulia QV
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I think you are all definitely right that the dealership experience makes a big difference on the ownership proposition. When I first brought the car in for this issue, they told me it was simply condensation related that will clear up and it is nothing for me to worry about. That lasted a week haha. They were then not sure what the fix would be so they opened a STAR case and told me they needed the car in their possession so they could diagnose it.

Had I known this would be a month long process, I probably would have asked to keep driving it in the meantime. But with their request and considering I have a 50 mile daily commute, I thought it best at the time to get it to them so they could fix it as soon as possible. Supposedly the PCV valve has arrived and I should get my car back today/tomorrow....fingers crossed that does the trick but I'm trying not to get my hopes up based upon everyone else's experience.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts