Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

What would you do?

• Sell it. Not worth the risks out of warranty.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Keep it, but no need to pay for an extended warranty.

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Keep it, but definitely extend the warranty.

Votes: 28 68.3%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're too late regarding extended warranty in my opinion if you didn't get it before the original factory ran out. If it's reliable and you can afford the normal maintenance then keep it. What else would you buy?
Thanks for the reply. Are you sure I’m too late? Double checked my window sticker lol, it says 50k/4yr basic and power train. It was sold new in 2019 since it was a dealer demo car.

If I sold it I was thinking any used newish EV for my commute and a new BRZ or GT86. If I don’t have a child next year I’m open to another high performance sporty or sports car.

·
Registered
638 Posts
If it's been pretty good to you all this time, I say keep it and do something else with the money instead of buying extended warranty. I was in similar situation, and decided screw the warranty, mines been very good, I can do most things on my own and can get parts from various places if dealer does not have them or price is insane. In my case, for a 5 year old car, if something does break, well its not so new anymore, and will be a nice challenge to get it back up and running, when time comes, if ever!

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If it's been pretty good to you all this time, I say keep it and do something else with the money instead of buying extended warranty. I was in similar situation, and decided screw the warranty, mines been very good, I can do most things on my own and can get parts from various places if dealer does not have them or price is insane. In my case, for a 5 year old car, if something does break, well its not so new anymore, and will be a nice challenge to get it back up and running, when time comes, if ever!
Thanks for your reply and perspective! If I skip the warrant and if I run in to trouble in the future perhaps you can help me out 😆

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The only problem is if the engine starts to knock or if there's a problem with the timing chains. This will total the car.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts