Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,112 Posts
Hello

Does anybody fit racing brake pads on QV calipers with metal rotors?
I'm sure you can do that without a problem, but I would consider upgrading to better rotors eventually. Remove the dust shields from the front rotors to help with heat dissipation.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I'm sure you can do that without a problem, but I would consider upgrading to better rotors eventually. Remove the dust shields from the front rotors to help with heat dissipation.
The factory rotors are not bad come to find out, just expensive to run over the long term.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hello

Yes, if you're going to the track please get some EBC blue stuff pads at a minimum. Oh and when changing the pads, be sure to use racing brake fluid as well as the special procedure bleeding the system.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia QV
72 Posts
Yes, if you're going to the track please get some EBC blue stuff pads at a minimum. Oh and when changing the pads, be sure to use racing brake fluid as well as the special procedure bleeding the system.
That is what I did. EBC blue stuff for the front (didn't have rears at the time and sounded like you really didn't need it for the rears) and did the racing brake fluid. I did the pads myself and tried to do the flush, but couldn't get my power bleeder to push the fluid through. I was going by the posted instructions. So had the dealer do the fluid. Did this based on my research on this site.

·
Registered
261 Posts
i have ST-45 Raybesto from Alffisimo, worked great at Laguna Seca

·
Vendor
3,366 Posts
Hello

Yes, we fit Raybestos Race pads all the time. They work well, we also have Titanium heat shields. EBC is a great pad in the Blue or Yellow for track use. I recommenced Motul 660 or Ravenol Race fluids, unless you want Castrol SRL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts