Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, expected on a car with this level of performance.

Included? Nope.

I push the center cluster button on thr stalk and scroll through the speedo display and the A & B trip monitors... then into the G-Force gauge... every time I click through I keep hoping the boost gauge would appear somewhere in that sequence.

Help. I'm feeling left out.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
On the 4C, the boost gauge is only availabe in Dynamic and Race modes. And yes, you then have to rotate through the menu with the wiper stalk button. Have you tried the different DNA modes?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yes, expected on a car with this level of performance.

Included? Nope.

I push the center cluster button on thr stalk and scroll through the speedo display and the A & B trip monitors... then into the G-Force gauge... every time I click through I keep hoping the boost gauge would appear somewhere in that sequence.

Help. I'm feeling left out.
Not aware of any boost gauge either. With it being a TFT display rather than analogue a boost gauge could theoretically come with a computer update in the future. Maybe...

·
Registered
288 Posts
You would think if they have a G-meter they would have a boost gauge... If you were utilize something like Torque, perhaps you could have that readout? I'm sure the ecu still logs all of that information.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the 4C, the boost gauge is only availabe in Dynamic and Race modes. And yes, you then have to rotate through the menu with the wiper stalk button. Have you tried the different DNA modes?
No boost gauge nowhere to be found. Ecoboost mustangs have virtual boost gauges AND air/fuel ratio meters. CTS-V's have boost gauges. The competition has boost gauges. The latest 488 Ferrari has a virtual boost gauge AND a turbo efficiency notifier.

I'm feeling left out

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not aware of any boost gauge either. With it being a TFT display rather than analogue a boost gauge could theoretically come with a computer update in the future. Maybe...
If you have the contact infos of anyone in the chain of command from the NOLA event or otherwise, can you please make them aware of the request?

I've got multiple tickets open with customer care and wrote an actual letter and put a stamp on it to the product planning president of the USA based corporation. That little dot with the G-Force indicator is annoying considering the boost gauge was left out. Hopefully if we make enough noise they can roll out a software update that will take care of the issue.

The data is definitely captured by the ECU. Manifold pressure is definitely already incorporated. They need to link the cluster program with the provided data. Sounds easy, right?! It is! FCA is a billion-dollar Corporation and they brought a high-end enthusiast car to market. Let's take it the next step is my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You would think if they have a G-meter they would have a boost gauge... If you were utilize something like Torque, perhaps you could have that readout? I'm sure the ecu still logs all of that information.
My thoughts exactly. The ECU definitely logs this information real-time. It is streamed via the engine management system and can be logged in real time from the OBDII port.

Hopefully a factory solution can be created to incorporate it into the cluster or "apps"

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
My 4C has a g-force meter. When I'm going fast enough to be generating real G's, I'm to busy driving to look at it.

What I do like is the screen with oil temp and boost level (one screen). Alfa blew it with the Giulia by leaving this out. Yes, it's just a software patch.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You hit the nail on the head. My written request to corporate asked for oil temp as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nada from Alfa Romeo on the gauge.

I did send a request through to P3 "Vidi" asking them to develop a gauge for the Giulia line-up.

They incorporate their gauges into the OEM air vents. The top of the line unit also streams data from the OBDII can-bus for monitoring other parameters as well and can clear CEL's also.

If anyone is near Sunbury Ohio, sooner or later they'll be looking for a Giulia to so some testing.

They already have a "round" vent gauge for the Audi TT. It isn't too far of a stretch to use the same product in an Alfa Romeo round vent.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
1,910 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts

I did send a request through to P3 "Vidi" asking them to develop a gauge for the Giulia line-up.

They incorporate their gauges into the OEM air vents. The top of the line unit also streams data from the OBDII can-bus for monitoring other parameters as well and can clear CEL's also.

If anyone is near Sunbury Ohio, sooner or later they'll be looking for a Giulia to so some testing.

They already have a "round" vent gauge for the Audi TT. It isn't too far of a stretch to use the same product in an Alfa Romeo round vent.
Yep, that would be a very easy solution if the P3 folks can supply one. I have their product in a BMW 135i and as well as doing boost it toggles to a number of other functions as well that are all read through the OBDI interface. It also has a function to let you see the last peak which is quite valuable after a brisk run.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have a QV and and live 15 minutes from Sunbury. Happy to help out if needed...

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,601 Posts
My 4C has a g-force meter. When I'm going fast enough to be generating real G's, I'm to busy driving to look at it.

What I do like is the screen with oil temp and boost level (one screen). Alfa blew it with the Giulia by leaving this out. Yes, it's just a software patch.
I hear you on the "too busy driving point". Perhaps something audible and/or more primary than a tiny virtual gauge is called for?

For the g-force, wouldn't one want a recording rather than a readout?
I see videos with 2-D g-force. Is that built into the camera (which ones?) or post edited?
Any 3D g-force gauges? When the downward g-force approaches 0 or 1.3, things can get pretty dicey.
What utility are you going to get from a boost gauge?
Why not a pyrometer, which at least tells you something dynamically useful (the engine valve gear is overheating, back off on the power).
Also, why no brake temp gauge?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.