Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a QV. Have any of you recent QV buyers been able to get any discounts off MSRP? I've been able to get 6-8% discounts off the Ti pretty easily, but am struggling more with the QV. I realize it's a hot car in short supply, but I'm sure discounts will begin at some point.
What's your experience in the current market?

·
Registered
735 Posts
This is based on personal experience.

It's possible to get something off on ordered vehicles. But it's pretty rare.
Some got couple of grand off for in stock Qs. I know at least of one.
But the rule of thumb is MSRP at this point. Markups is a legend.

Finally some are trying to sell pre owned ones for over MSRP. Kind of silly to me but best of luck!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I am doing my due diligence now, but I'll be ordering mine in October for next April delivery...... but then my goal is to locate a dealer that will be able to do at least 8% off MSRP

Keep us posted on what you have managed to negotiate....

·
Registered
11 Posts
A few observations from up in the northwest (living in Portland OR)

Dealers don't seem particularly sophisticated or motivated. Part of this could be just be driven by being newer dealers. Some of this could be a function of the workforce that gets into commission sales. In any event, they seem to almost universally not know much about the vehicles, delivery schedule, or really even seem to care.

The local dealer here wanted MSRP + $10K for a Quad. I told them to call me when they are ready to sell for "just" MSRP. Started calling around within the region, and pretty much every dealer seemed uninterested in talking to me, trying to sell me a Quad, or even picking up the phone. Those that did answer or respond seemed to all want MSRP + 5 or 10 for a Quad. Finally found a dealer in Kirkland, WA that would sell me a Quad at MSRP. It was already on order (placed in mid January according to the build sheet), and didn't yet have a buyer. Specs were everything that I wanted, except for the color - they had RA and I wanted RC.

Good luck trying to find a dealer that is willing to go below MSRP. If you wait for long enough, you might get there. But at least for the next several months, it seems like supply is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay less than demand, and that gives the dealers leverage, and virtually all of them seem intent on using it to their advantage. And given that they seem to have zero influence over when and how many Quads they get in, they don't seem particularly motivated to even try.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agreed! The sales staff leave a lot to be desired. I think the recently released Guilia sales numbers are even more impressive considering the cars are selling themselves. This is specially true for the QVs.
I haven't seen a single promo or ad, from Alfa or the local dealers, since the Superbowl ads.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Trying to work a deal at MSRP right now. Will know by tomorrow if this thing pulls through.......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just bought a QV at MSRP

I just bought a QV at MSRP 3 days ago. Goes in for allocation on the 13th. Bought it from Alfa of Tacoma. Great dealer to work with. They were asking MSRP. No lower or higher. They had 1 allocation left on the 13th when i got mine. So that means one more person can get one ordered! Mine was 79k. Only option i did not get was the CCB's.

We got

Trofeo White
Dark 5 hole wheels
Carbon steering wheel
Driver assist package
Haman Kardon Premium audio
Alcantara Seats
Black Calipers
White and Green stitching

For 79k. We're happy with that price for the current demand of the QV. Now we just have to wait... Excited!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've been monitoring Autotrader for several months and have noticed an increase in QVs. Typically there are 20-25 listed. It is close to 50 now. I realize Autotrader may not be 100% representative of the market, but there is a definite trend. Maybe supply is loosening up a bit.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I just bought a QV at MSRP 3 days ago. Goes in for allocation on the 13th. Bought it from Alfa of Tacoma. Great dealer to work with. They were asking MSRP. No lower or higher. They had 1 allocation left on the 13th when i got mine. So that means one more person can get one ordered! Mine was 79k. Only option i did not get was the CCB's.

We got

Trofeo White
Dark 5 hole wheels
Carbon steering wheel
Driver assist package
Haman Kardon Premium audio
Alcantara Seats
Black Calipers
White and Green stitching

For 79k. We're happy with that price for the current demand of the QV. Now we just have to wait... Excited!
I hope your excitement will last for the entire wait. Mine soon turned into frustration after trying to understand what the heck are they doing inside the monastery.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Sweet! I am getting closer everyday. May be able to order by summer.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
no relation but I was reading the AROC magazine that just came and a dealer named Benson will give you a $250 credit if you purchase a Giulia from them and you are out of state....not a bad gesture

·
Registered
193 Posts
This MSRP and above crap will end soon. 2018's M4 and M3 are about 5k cheaper because BMW dropped the options prices (and added more standard equipment). You can build a decent M3 w/ auto for the high 60's, plus smart shoppers can usually get about 6% off MSPR - even on M-models in competitive markets.

You got to really want the Quad to pay close to 20K over a M3 in 2018.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts