Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just passed 1000 miles yesterday so I figured I would provide an update some of ups/downs (If you're interested I also have a thread on observations after the first week in this forum):

- Overall Interior: We've had some extreme temps here in the Midwest and the interior is holding up. No loose stitching; no panel gaps; no worrisome creaks/noises. I'm still awaiting for a decent set of OEM all weather mats. Not a big fan of the Weathertech ones.
- Overall Exterior: The white really sparkles in the sun and can hide any swirls. Love the CF bits. Panel gaps small/non existent. Areas around the exhaust pipes can be a bit hard to keep clean.
- Passenger cupholder small! Sort of weird that they didn't just make them the same size. Not a big deal, but sometimes I do use both.
- Window sills: I like the fact that the top of the doors are "flat". I can rest my left arm on it when I'm cruising :D
- Brake modulation still takes getting used to. They can be very touchy. I've somewhat got it down now where I can stop without too much jerking. From what I read on the Stelvio it seems like the touchy brakes have been fixed.
- No wheel locks yet! No winter tire selection either. I've got my contact at TireRack telling me to check in the late summer (makes sense; too early to check now).
- HK system OK; better with USB media than Bluetooth audio. Satellite radio just sounds OK too; not great. Does it sound better now than week 1? Eh.....perhaps a little bit. I do like the infotainment system though. I've managed to work through all the menu options and can easily get around. The only thing I don't like (or maybe haven't figured it out yet) is when I'm in a folder I could not find a way just to see the tracks in the folder itself. The infotainment system seems to default to showing me all the tracks that are on the USB flash drive.
- Brake dust! Pretty common with these type of performance sedans/cars. However, I do love the dark 5 Hole wheels. They are very easy to clean so the brake dust issue is somewhat mitigated.
- Steering Wheel: Love it! It looks and feels awesome. The ratio is perfect. And the heated steering wheel option works very fast as I used it on some cool mornings
- Font on middle dash screen could be a little brighter and bigger. (outside temp, etc). Seems like a lot of wasted real estate there.
- Somewhat poor gas mileage; driving mostly in "N" too! I just checked this morning and I'm at 18.4mph. I bet it would be around 14-15 at Dynamic Mode.
- Alarm: It seems to be very sensitive. I know that it has gone off on "mild" thunderstorms as well as some nearby construction noise by my work location.
- Sunroof: All of my cars have sunroofs so I do miss it on the QV a little bit. That's the tradeoff for weight reduction!
- Auto Start Engine: Only tried it once and it worked fine. I guess I need to test it again.........

So far, so good! I hope everyone else fares as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quad gas mileage

Good to hear you are having a positive experience for the first 1000 miles. I just picked up a new Quadrifoglio in North Carolina yesterday and drove it back to Virginia (about 150 miles). It was nighttime and I didn't want to take too many chances with speed traps so I kept it around 80 mph most of the way in either N or A mode. I averaged about 27 mpg (according to trip computer) including a few 100+ mph stints in Dynamic just to try and stretch its legs. It was a fairly flat drive but I was pleasantly surprised at that mileage.

Drove to work this am and can't wait to get back in it!

·
Registered
92 Posts
So I just passed 1000 miles yesterday so I figured I would provide an update some of ups/downs (If you're interested I also have a thread on observations after the first week in this forum):

- Overall Interior: We've had some extreme temps here in the Midwest and the interior is holding up. No loose stitching; no panel gaps; no worrisome creaks/noises. I'm still awaiting for a decent set of OEM all weather mats. Not a big fan of the Weathertech ones.
- Overall Exterior: The white really sparkles in the sun and can hide any swirls. Love the CF bits. Panel gaps small/non existent. Areas around the exhaust pipes can be a bit hard to keep clean.
- Passenger cupholder small! Sort of weird that they didn't just make them the same size. Not a big deal, but sometimes I do use both.
- Window sills: I like the fact that the top of the doors are "flat". I can rest my left arm on it when I'm cruising :D
- Brake modulation still takes getting used to. They can be very touchy. I've somewhat got it down now where I can stop without too much jerking. From what I read on the Stelvio it seems like the touchy brakes have been fixed.
- No wheel locks yet! No winter tire selection either. I've got my contact at TireRack telling me to check in the late summer (makes sense; too early to check now).
- HK system OK; better with USB media than Bluetooth audio. Satellite radio just sounds OK too; not great. Does it sound better now than week 1? Eh.....perhaps a little bit. I do like the infotainment system though. I've managed to work through all the menu options and can easily get around. The only thing I don't like (or maybe haven't figured it out yet) is when I'm in a folder I could not find a way just to see the tracks in the folder itself. The infotainment system seems to default to showing me all the tracks that are on the USB flash drive.
- Brake dust! Pretty common with these type of performance sedans/cars. However, I do love the dark 5 Hole wheels. They are very easy to clean so the brake dust issue is somewhat mitigated.
- Steering Wheel: Love it! It looks and feels awesome. The ratio is perfect. And the heated steering wheel option works very fast as I used it on some cool mornings
- Font on middle dash screen could be a little brighter and bigger. (outside temp, etc). Seems like a lot of wasted real estate there.
- Somewhat poor gas mileage; driving mostly in "N" too! I just checked this morning and I'm at 18.4mph. I bet it would be around 14-15 at Dynamic Mode.
- Alarm: It seems to be very sensitive. I know that it has gone off on "mild" thunderstorms as well as some nearby construction no......
Thanks for your report! your seats are carbon or standard? How are they?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have about 1200 miles on my QV and all is well so far, except that the Panic button on the key fob initiates the alarm way too easily! Just the slightest touch in my pocket sets it off! They need to make it a double tap button to initiate the alarm.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your report! your seats are carbon or standard? How are they?
Standard seats and I really like them (green/white stitching). VERY comfortable for me (I'm on the short/thin side......fyi). The alcantara inserts look good and am hoping they hold up to typical use; we'll have to wait and see.

I know some have mentioned that they would like the seat to remain in place after you stop the car and get out. Not that big a deal for me, but I do have to stretch a bit to reach the brake to start her up again :D

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Nice write-up!

I have the Harmon Kardon stereo system in my Ti and agree that it's just OK. Somehow I was expecting something more. It only really sounds good when using a thumb drive. I'm not so sure I like how it navigates, but it's so much better than the Parrot in my 4C.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts