Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to order a MY2018 Giulia next week. I don't mind paying MSRP as I'd be getting exactly what I want and not paying a dime more for anything I could do without. But I wondering if there was any wiggle room off the MSRP in these instances? If so about how much is reasonable? What experiences have you guys had when ordering and negotiating?

Thanks all. Oh btw, I'm in Los Angeles if that matters.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I paid MSRP. Mostly because I was a pain in the rear end for the dealership and that I ordered the car in February,

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I negotiated approximately $4000+ off MSRP on the MY18 Q I ordered on Monday.....

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
That is the million $ question.....:grin2:

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Good job DMD!

Reactions: BostonDMD

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Dottore used the Old Italian method of negotiations >:)
All I had to say was: "We can do this the easy way or the Italian way":grin2:

I got lucky I guess.....>:)

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just learned that Alfa Romeo is now participating in the FCA Affiliates program which means 1% under invoice or ~ 7% off MSRP (ballpark).

·
Registered
359 Posts
Invoice or better pricing is the range I was able to negotiate my 2018 factory order Ti build last week between two dealers.

One dealer was pretty up front on giving $2400 off any Giulia right off the bat, even for a custom order. It took about two more emails to get him below invoice. In the end I'm paying invoice including to-my-door delivery (160 miles one way for the dealer in their enclosed car hauler).

We anticipate delivery in late August or early September. Dealer updated me yesterday that my Giulia is "The new status is C, which means your car has a tentative schedule to be built. The next update will be a firm schedule with serial number with assigned."

So I'm hopeful for a smooth waiting period with no surprises or delays.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I just learned that Alfa Romeo is now participating in the FCA Affiliates program which means 1% under invoice or ~ 7% off MSRP (ballpark).
QV not included in that program....

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,373 Posts
Does that mean you're associated with one of FCA's vendors?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Invoice or better pricing is the range I was able to negotiate my 2018 factory order Ti build last week between two dealers.

One dealer was pretty up front on giving $2400 off any Giulia right off the bat, even for a custom order. It took about two more emails to get him below invoice. In the end I'm paying invoice including to-my-door delivery (160 miles one way for the dealer in their enclosed car hauler).

We anticipate delivery in late August or early September. Dealer updated me yesterday that my Giulia is "The new status is C, which means your car has a tentative schedule to be built. The next update will be a firm schedule with serial number with assigned."

So I'm hopeful for a smooth waiting period with no surprises or delays.
Very valuable info... thanks. Hope I can up to $2,000 off. I'd be very happy w/ that.

And wow that seems like pretty quick delivery. Did they mention if yours would come equipped with android/apple carplay?

·
Registered
359 Posts
And wow that seems like pretty quick delivery. Did they mention if yours would come equipped with android/apple carplay?
It better, that is one of the major reasons we waited to put an order in for a 2018. I flat out refused to buy any 2017s off of their lot because they could not guarantee me that Android Auto and Apple Carplay would be of a software update available to 2017 cars. So my order for the 2018 went forward with dealer confirmation that model year 2018s are supposed to have it as standard.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It better, that is one of the major reasons we waited to put an order in for a 2018. I flat out refused to buy any 2017s off of their lot because they could not guarantee me that Android Auto and Apple Carplay would be of a software update available to 2017 cars. So my order for the 2018 went forward with dealer confirmation that model year 2018s are supposed to have it as standard.
Thanks this was the answer I was hoping to hear. My dealer is still trying to confirm it! Internet is faster...

·
Registered
66 Posts
That is indeed correct. They added the Alfa Giulia to the list the first week of April :smile2:. At the time I remember being on the FCA Affiliate website and didn't see it being offered as part of the program, but I called the office for the **** of it and spoke to a rep, which told me they just added it a couple days ago. I went down to the dealer that weekend and built mine and got the PP price :smile2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts